Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

How would you buff Nemesis?

Besides completely reworking him so that his power is unrecognizable. Personally, I'd make it so that being infected has some kind of downside besides being vulnerable to the tentacle or zombies.

Option #1: Make it so that when a survivor is infected, it attracts to zombies towards them more often. It would help to allow pressure on survivors and put them in scenarios where they are faced with having to maneuver around them and you in chase.

Option #2: Have the infection allow Nemesis the ability to track a survivor better. Aura reveal, Killer Instinct, or even loud noise notification from time to time would work or even something else. If the ability where Killer Instinct triggers when a cure is used was removed and moved to trigger occasionally on the survivor, that would be more interesting.

Any other thoughts?

Comments

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,610

I had some thoughts about this myself, I wrote a post about it a little while ago but to recap here—

Make the zombies better in chase, at the cost of being easier to deal with outside of chase. Specifically, make zombies that are in position to hit a survivor do a lunge forward instead of standing completely still, but if they miss that attack they enter a lengthy stumbling animation where they can be knocked down and killed by the survivor.

This would make chase-zombie builds much more reliable, while still being counterable, and without making zombies too oppressive at defending generators passively since survivors can kill them without using a map resource or a perk.

As an added bonus, the zombies' passive information wouldn't be changed, and it'd make addons that take effect when zombies are killed a viable design space.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited June 22

#1 His zombies need massive buffs. We shouldn't focus on his anti loop as that isn't what makes him unique, tons of killers have copy/pastes of his anti loop with a different paint job. The zombies are his flavor and what makes him a unique and different experience.

The zombies should be attracted in a much larger radius to infected survivors and the zombies should move 25% faster per infected survivor. This rewards him for keeping survivors infected. The zombies should be significantly better at giving him map pressure and map info than they currently are.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,582

3rd zombie. Tentacle hits give only a small speed boost on infection, like what Licker Tongue should be doing but doesn't. Heavy-duty add-on reworks.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,185
    edited June 22

recently they showed stats for how often zombies hit survivors. I wonder if these stat are hint for zombie buffs for nemesis. right now only thing i see zombies good for is random tracking. Sometimes you can pincer with zombies randomly but it is rng and zombies are somewhat slow.

• Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 808

Give the Zombies basekit Depleted ink ribbon, Mikhail eye and Admin Wristband. Zombies Flashlight stuntime is now 10 sec from 15seconds and give Nemesis Basekit Licker tongue and Damaged Syringe.

Zombies that hits a Survivor becomes a Viral Zombie when destroyed by Nemesis gives 3x the mutation points when destroyed by a survivor turns back to normal

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,730
    edited June 22

i don't think nemesis of all killers needs any buffs, including his zombies. they shouldn't get stuck but that's it.

Post edited by NerfDHalready on
  • 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 829

Honestly? Real talk? If we can't have a 3rd zombie then just give us tier 3 whip at base all it does is mess with muscle memory

• Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 808

For every survivor infected gives Zombies 10% move speed and 5 meter detection increase

• RFSa09
    RFSa09 Member Posts: 682

Buff every single possible number and give infection an effect, vecna and unknown are in the game so having too much happening / being overcomplicated for new survivors shouldn't be an excuse to not buff him imo

The community overestimate how strong nemesis actually is just because he's nemesis, his early game is terrible by design, but if you make a single mistake at the early game you're just doomed for the rest of the match:

You start the match with a power that makes you worse than a trap less trapper (just like michael), you need to waste time tiering up, you need to hit survivors 3 times etc, and if you make a single mistake your mid game is gonna be a nightmare, and if you have an obligatory bad early game, and a bad mid game, you're not going to win your end game in most of the scenarios, Nemesis and Myers suffer from the same things, I don't know if his his kill rate is high but remember: freddy, sadako and Myers, the big 3, the worst killers in the game were in the top 10 kill rate %

I gave some ideas for buffs here like 1 year ago or something (maybe only a few months)

I really hope them to make the right move, I trust them

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,474

Make nemesis move 6.0m/s outside of chase, hes a pursuer type enemy but is slower when being watched

• emetSdidnothingwrong
    emetSdidnothingwrong Member Posts: 305

First off is the easy thing, give him an add on pass. As for Nemi himself I would improve the zombie AI as well as some other generic buffs for them, such as speed+ etc. Finally for the big guy himself I think when he is in T3 he should always injure wit his whip no matter if they are infected or not.

• Sandt1985
    Sandt1985 Member Posts: 304

More Zombies.

The devs said the original plan was to give Nemesis 4 zombies, but Unreal4 couldn't handle it, so we only got 2 zombies with Nemesis. But we're on Unreal5 now, so we can definitely handle 4 zombies, maybe even 5 or 6 with addons.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

I think with 4 zombies, they can create areas for each zombie patrolling, they cant pass their own boundary. So 4 zombies dont clutter into the same part of the map…

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,096

Revert the nerf, and fix the zombie AI.

• Backmon
    Backmon Member Posts: 268

remove 3th health state for survivors and let tentacle both injure and infect at 1st hit

• CrossTheSholf
    CrossTheSholf Member Posts: 199

Have his tier one only infect and injure infected and be unable to break pallets, tier 2 can infect, break pallets, and injure infected survivors, tier 3 can infect and injure in one hit and break pallets. range improves with tiers as it currently does. Improve zombie AI so that it focuses on patrolling generators/exits and are slightly faster. Rework most add-ons to either have useful effects or have drastic number increases.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,983
  • Objectively_speaking
    Objectively_speaking Member Posts: 506

There are pallets and flashlights <chest search> basekit. There is also head on but that is a perk.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,965
    edited June 22

I believe Nemesis' problems to be addressed are: -

• Zombies can be used to boost away from him and deny whip stack progress.
    • Zombies are too slow, uninteractive and boring, tending to be an annoyance instead of a threat.
    • The zombies don't feel dangerous like Resident Evil's zombies.
    • His whip is unclear where it hits, making it hard to learn for newer players.

My list of changes:

• In addition to the injection chests, add ~8 self defense item spawns (knives, tasers, etc) held as a temporary item.
    • Zombies now walk at 2m/s, scaling up 2.8m/s when they are pursuing a survivor. This is affected by add-ons.
    • Instead of survivors getting hit and sprint boost away, a zombie will now grab the survivor and start grappling and biting at the survivor with wiggle checks taking 5s to break free. At the end of the wiggle the survivor gains an infection progress. Failing a wiggle check will gain an additional infection. Nemesis hitting the survivor for either a wound or infection will immediately end the grapple for no additional effect.
    • Survivors carrying a self defence item can use the active ability button to consume the item to kill the zombie immediately for no negative effect. Doing so will cause a loud noise notification on the zombies position.
    • Nemesis whip now draws its blue strike along the ground from the start of the first hitbox to the end of his last hitbox. In addition each hitbox of the whip leaves its own blue mist. This is so hits are more clear and less misleading for newer survivors to figure out what Nemmy is doing when he drags his whip.

This would make zombies more dangerous but also much, much less mind numbing to deal with. Survivor duos can effectively lure a zombie away without it taking an absolute age, and in solo, you have a limited resource that helps you deal with them effectively.

This also makes them feel much more like Resident Evil zombies, and because they actually have a decent movement speed click, they will pursue survivors longer, traverse the map quicker and give Nemesis more useful information throughout the trial.

Additionally as survivors run low on resources from killing zombies towards the end of the trial, where Nemmy is at his strongest, zombies also become a greater threat, making his end game something to be greatly feared and respected.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,169

Idk why people feel the need to add extra zombies to Nemesis' power.

Most of the time they get stuck on the environment, and the only time they actually do something, they are really obnoxious for either side (bodyblocking the Killer from the chase, or just being annoying to the Survivors).

Id rather they outright remove that aspect of his power and make him stronger, makes him more lore accurate and removes the zombies since they were not designed well.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,278

Generally, yes, I suppose his zombies need buffs to compensate for his not having mobility and having an M2 that needs to be built up. - BUT survivors need to get points for dealing with zombies too; otherwise it's just a recipe for misery. If you have to deal with a killer power all the time but get ZERO reward for it (like Victor, e.g.) it's plain miserable.

That being said: Giving the Zombies better pathing would already massively improve stuff. Like, I recently followed Norman around and lost count of how many pebbles he got stuck on (aka how often he was stuck in the ground with no obstacle anywhere).

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 2,257

Rework most of his add-ons.

• SkeletonDance
    SkeletonDance Member Posts: 305

Applying Contamination doesn't grant speed boost since it isn't considered as losing a health state.

Faster gaining mutation

Addons rework

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,302
    edited June 22

Have the infection temporarily transform a Survivor into a Zombie that chases their teammates. Only one Survivor could be a Zombie and teammates and decrease the time spent as one by throwing vaccine grenades at them.

Mori should be redone to where the Survivor gets blasted by Nemo’s rocket launcher.

• GingerBeard
    GingerBeard Member Posts: 272
    • Addons need to be reworked.
    • Zombie pathing needs improvement.
    • Being infected should buff zombies in some way. I personally like the idea of zombies detecting infected players easier and moving faster when chasing them, but there are several other ideas that I like. Maybe you could even do the opposite, and have uninfected players be more vulnerable to zombies.
    • Nemesis should push/knockdown zombies when walked into them. Could work from the start or be added to T3.
    • I wouldn't mind if T3 also buffed his zombies just so the payoff is higher, especially if zombies aren't buffed in any other way.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,512

More zombies so it feels like a zombie apocalypse.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475

Add a couple of his zombie addons basekit to make them more reliable. That's all I'd do really

• albertoplus
    albertoplus Member Posts: 285

What i still don't get is why he still gives speed boost when hitting a T3 Tentacle Strike.

Like, before that i could also argue about it, but at least, you know you are getting something in return. You give the survivor movement speed boost but at least you are leveling up your power in return, making it stronger.

But what do you get in T3 in return? Absolutely nothing. You are giving survivors a speed boost because "yes".

It's Tier 3 already. It should feel powerful. Right now, the optimal way to play Nemesis seems to be to reach the Tier 2 asap because the pallet-breaking is the actual deal, then play normally. Hell there are times when i am T3 and i just dont want to use my tentacle if the survivor is not infected because im just making my game harder without nothing in return and end being a pure M1 killer.

I know that the devs say that they did test with no speed boost and it felt bad, but again, if you reach Tier 3 at least, it should be the moment when the survivors say "oh #########". I would be fine if they nerf the level up ratio and rework his level up addons (like Marvins Blood) if they at least make Nemesis feel powerful at T3 instead of being his T2 the "okay i am the Nemesis right now".

• biggybiggybiggens
    biggybiggybiggens Member Posts: 659

Zombies should always know where a Survivor is if they're infected unless there is only one person left. Also give them the highest movement speed addon base kit when their arms are out chasing Survivors.

• AggressiveFTW
    AggressiveFTW Member Posts: 1,049

Interesting how different your opinions are, great ideas tho!