BP offerings=life, lol

LordGlint
LordGlint Member Posts: 8,333

I was just curious if ppl's offerings might change how you play against them. Even if it's not necessarily farming points if they use event offerings but... do you find yourself going harder on someone if they use a map/hatch offering vs if they use a BP offering?

Comments

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,438
    edited June 24

Just an FYI, there was a recent change on the Offering/game info screen where it's now randomised. So it used to show who brought what offering but now its in random order. I don't know why they did this and didn't advertise it because I've seen heaps of people saying they didn't realize and have been targeting people who don't bring Cobbler only to see afterward that they did. I was BM'd like mad in one game, and a survivor saw and I guess figured the killer had good reason to do so cos they joined in (reported both), and only thing I could think was that they assumed I was the one who brought the map offering (per the info page).

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,333

Didn't know they did that. Good to know I guess, although I never really BM anyone.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,438

Oh sorry, didn't mean to imply you did. Just saying I wish BHVR made it more clear.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,177

During normal time (so not the Anniversary Event), I will always spare the survivors if at last 2 BPS items are in play. A lot of times I'll do it if even just 1 is in play but by default, unless you REALLY go out of your way to piss me off, I will let everyone go (I will basically just play normally but then not Death Hook anyone).

Along with that, if the Killer has a BPS, I will let myself die at the end if I would have escaped otherwise as my own "Thank you for bringing 2X BP" gesture.

It's really the only time I'll change my tactics based on offerings.

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,103

I rarely spare anyone. Usually leads to getting flamed in endgame chat because of dc or whatever reason. I mean i've gotten flamed for being nice and letting people go too so i see no difference in letting 1 go or killing them anymore, just more points for me if i kill them all.

• Depressedlegion
    Depressedlegion Member Posts: 326

I only change if someone sends me to a map. I usually play way sweatier because 9 times out of 10, it's a swf

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152
    edited June 24

Nah, not really. My opponents on the other hand 🤷

One of my last matches, back in 2022. Me on an relatively unfamiliar killer and full cake lobby. Survivor didn't care and speed run that match.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,520

If I see anyone bringing an offering that applies to everyone then I'll usually play your typical 8 hook Killer.

• CountOfTheFog
    CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 2,161

This is correct and I wish it had been formally announced.

• Hecata_Harbinger
    Hecata_Harbinger Member Posts: 28

Bring Cobbler =Get tunneled out. I was told that I should bring Cobbler because I'll still get Blood Points but 20K after being hardcore tunneled isn't worth it. So I refuse to bring any Cobbler, I only bring Escape Cake.

• Souplet
    Souplet Member Posts: 345

Send me to ormond, springwood or other survivor sided map, i'll go extra hard on you. Thats only fair, you want to be a jerk, let me be a jerk.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

Bringing the offerings does not stop SWFs from slamming gens, pallet- and flashlight saving, saboing and tbagging at the gates, and I mean when the survivors themselves bring the offerings. So why should it change how the killer plays?

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,614
    edited June 24

During the event, I've tried to let live as many survivors as there are >100% BP offerings.

They don't always make it easy though. Sometime they die despite my best efforts. (When they don't rage-quit with their first hook.)

• HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 616

If the otherside uses a map offering, I play way more sweaty since I assume they want to do the same when they send me to a specific map. Bigger distances between hooks let me also play more sweaty for the same reason. Hatch offering no because I think that player has an archive or something. Otherwise, I play normal and adapt to the survivors in the way that when they play chill I do the same. If someone don't bring a cake I also play normal because I assume this player has no cake since the cakeslot is also used for the eventitems which is sad.

• KatsuhxP
    KatsuhxP Member Posts: 700

I'll play quite a bit more serious if they play a map- and/or hatch-offering. I hate loosing to people just because they play a insanely good map-offering for them, it feels so cheap xD

Bloodpoints are not relevant to me, so if all of them have bp I play like normal: I won't tunnel, but I won't decide against it on purpose ether if I see the tunnel-out running infront of me.

• ays12151
    ays12151 Member Posts: 678

Players that play Event Modifier and don't bring Event Cake are kinda cringe for me. To enter Event Mode the Cake Offering should be needed to join in. Additionally, during the event everyone who brings different offering than Anniversary Cake (can be different year) shouldn't get additional Bloodpoints from other Cake Offerings.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,212

I wouldn't say the offering should be mandatory to play in the event mode. There should be freedom to play different set ups.

However, a Screech Cobbler should be required to be able to pick up and use invitations and their abilities. Without it, you still get to use the bag of Tryks effect, but you can't create party pallets or remote hook, etc.