Anti camp and verticality

indieeden7
indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,370
edited June 23 in Feedback and Suggestions

WHy does the killer being on a different floor just completely negate the anti camp feature despite the fact that camping from a different floor can in some cases make unhooking a complete impossibility? (Looking at you Myers' and Tompson house).

I understand that the anti camp feature was implemented as a way to negate face camping, not camping in general, but evenface camping didn't completely prevent the unhook from happening.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,634

I understand it in 2 floor maps, the issue is stuff like basement, because you just cannot go down there when the killer stands on top... Im sure there is a way to work around it though.

• Batusalen
    Batusalen Member Posts: 1,323

The AFC does in fact work on different floors, but the "hitbox" has an ellipse form. Meaning, it looks something like this:

This also counts for survivors standing above or below you, by the way. So, even if the killer is in your face in the basement, if you have a teammate in the shack, the AFC will at least move slower.

• cruelb
    cruelb Member Posts: 110

I didn't realise there were any faces 16m long… So whatever they say, this is an anti-camping feature, not face camping (I know what bhvr sold it as).

It should be technically possible to cover vertical on basement and not on multilevel, and they did say on release they would address it… but alas, no; 'when'.