what about the game do you like the least about the game? (Not hate)

Options
RedPoncho12
RedPoncho12 Member Posts: 157

Please don’t get overly passionate or bashful about it but if you could sum it up easy then what would it be? (For both sides)

The thing I like the least in this game is probably map system. You’re bound to get a different realm every match unless there’s an offering but I constantly get the same realms every other match and typically the same map in that realm over and over. It’s so bad that there are certain maps that I just haven’t been on in months (a couple of them in over a year)

Comments

• Viciusaurus
    Viciusaurus Member Posts: 404
    Options

Very much this. I feel so excited players take this game way too seriously and need to take a step back and remember that that's what it is: a game to be enjoyed. Going into matches with the mindset of "punishing" the other side or trying the match as miserable as possible just because a player can is a sign that one should really take a break from the game (Entity knows I've bad to force myself to take breaks on several occassions).

Also toxicity between survivors. I've seen some atrocious behavior between "team mates" based on beliefs of a player not performing well enough, not being apart of a SWF (I've been left to die on first hook simply because I happened to be the random), or because of weird stigma on which survivor one happens to be playing (seen a few matches where Megs, Mikaelas, Dwights, and the like were really harped on sinple because of who they played)

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,460
    Options

I wish there weren't mains. Not players who prefer one role but do play both sides. I mean those who just play one role only, not even for dailies or challenges, not picking up the other side ever. I believe doing this creates awful biases, and prevents any empathy at all for the others playing the opposite role.

Imo when we play both sides to at least a competent level not only will we be better at our preferred role, but create a much healthier community overall.

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,349
    edited June 26
    Options

Recent map design, anything released post RPD/Haddonfield rework sort of time has been bad, and is still bad, whether it be full of God loops, or full of nothing but unsafe pallets and windows (the most recent version of Haddonfield included).

• Nos482
    Nos482 Member Posts: 36
    edited June 27
    Options

The shrine of secrets. Just intergrate it into the store and let players buy the perks they want.

The non-stop bombardment of licenses and cosmetics that cost more than the dlc. It makes shards pretty irrelevant since licenses can only be bought with cells.

• dwight444
    dwight444 Member Posts: 154
    Options

the fact we still can't get action against players like the spirit or SM in my recent matches who just bled me out while standing over me because apparently we can't prove their intent and so it must be thoughtful strategy on their part

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,600
    Options

Probably how easy it is for SWF and their perks to make a comeback after making dumb plays all game. "Oh, missed my Background Player save. Oh, missed another, and another. Doesn't matter! Flip-Flop/Power Struggle anyway! Let's body block or hover around the killer and waste huge amounts of gen time, because 1 person on gen will negate the time lost anyway! I messed up at a loop? Dead Hard! The killer downed me while I was body blocking? Free DS! Oh what? 1 person's on hook and 2 just got slugged near them? AND the killer's going for the 4th?! Doesn't matter because 1 Unbreakable! Oh, I messed up again? Hatch spawns right on me! Suction into it as a slug!" Never in a million years does killer come anywhere close to that.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,914
    Options

Matchmaking and map reworks

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,149
    Options

Bad matchmaking is by far the worst thing about the game. I love getting matched with two 500 hour teammates and a 7000 hour Blight in solo queue.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

Honestly it's just Backwater Swamp.

It's long overdue for a rework, tracking scratchmarks/red-stain is a pain due to my red-green colorblindness. It is generally a really ugly map with little to no visual appeal to it. Totems spawn at the very edge of the map and finding the hatch takes forever and makes matches an absolute slog. The Generator spread is really compact so there is hardly a reason to leave one side of the map, especially with the decent main building being easy to run.

The ONLY redeeming quality to are the holes in the main building(s) since it is funny to bait the Killer into the hole… outside of that, there really isnt much of a reason for me to like it.

• Agt_Scully
    Agt_Scully Member Posts: 156
    Options

Gate placement 🎛️. In many maps the gates are too close together and the Killer can guard both with little effort. Even running Sole Survivor 👩‍⚕️ like I do there is no time to open either gate.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,637
    Options

Either it is how map strenght impacts the outcome of a match or the terrible status of the game from a technical standpoint... The customization and user setting are below the standard of a decade ago, there are barely options you can change, no texture quality, view distance, brightness, gamma, anti aliasing got removed and didn't return for 3 years, keys that are bound to several actions for no reason and lead to overlapping where you physically cannot decide what you want to do but the game just decides by priority, bugs, glitches, exploits on a regular basis, female vault distances getting broken multiple times, Nurse being bugged for almost 10 months now with her weird fov bug and the inability to properly look up. Being unable to disable on enable certain things by player choice, for example not seeing cosmetics, not having voice lines, changing chase music to default, being limited to 3 load out sets instead of unlimited ones and being able to name them, no option to disable the barely functional post game chat filter, no proper block option to not see what a specific person wrote, no replay mode that would help in reporting players without video evidence... Still unbelievable that that is the expectation for the player to make a video of the stuff ingame by himself instead of just offering it by default. And I could probably find 15 more reasons... Like seriously I have games from 2003 with better options menus and more things to customize, it has been the standard for ages but for some reason this has not reached everyone... I will never understand how this is acceptable..

• For_The_People
    For_The_People Member Posts: 196
    Options

I wish there was a way to discard/delete/trade unused items - I have so many bog laurels I can open a botanical garden

• alpha5
    alpha5 Member Posts: 223
    Options

The Bloodweb. It is a cute idea to limit power spikes and bring some variety into the trials but it just does not work anymore. It stopped working as soon as the first players played "too much" and went completely obsolete when Bhvr made items, addons & offerings cheaper while cranking up Bloodpoint inflation. No P100 is ever going to use all those addons or items. Not to mention half of the items in it suck, how long it takes to spend Bloodpoints and that half-assed attempt to make it faster.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,460
    Options

I'm definitely in the minority for loving the Swamps, in either role, and I played them back when they were so much larger years ago. For whatever reason I've always done much better than I ought of on them as a surv or as killer.

Visually yeah they're so behind all other realms.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,002
    Options

Very Specifically map offerings

I took a break after seeing an unnecessary level of map offerings used recently because there is only so many times you can go to rpd before it starts to get to you, I beg for them to be change to disable that map as an option rather than almost always going to that map, sac wards exist but I don’t wanna use a sac ward every single game

• KatsuhxP
    KatsuhxP Member Posts: 365
    Options

I don't really like map-offerings, both sides bring maps that are just horrible to play on as the other side. I don't want to play contantly on garden of joy, eyrie of crows or ormount, at the same time I don't want to drag the survivors onto midwich or dead dawg saloon.

It just destroys the rng-aspect of the game dragging the chances too much on the side of the offering.

• RedPoncho12
    Options

tbh I don’t see a lot of map offerings used and survivors should love dead dawg. It’s easy to loop on that map and do is rpd (just gen spawns on rpd are just busted)

• KatsuhxP
    Options

Lucky you, I sometimes get 5 in a row or more. I forgot badham btw, that's one that gets thrown a lot too.

Dead dawg might be good to loop but it's super small, it potentialy one of the best maps for killer to defend gens.

• RedPoncho12
    Options

yeah sure but I think it’s overall balanced between killer and survivor. I could run main all day on that map. Than also connecting shack to some loops. Than the entire other side of the street is just nasty to play but yeah gens spawns on dead dawg absolutely favor killer but I think it’s a good trade off

• KatsuhxP
    Options

It was just an example, I don't know too many maps I could say that they favor killer, dead dawg and midwich are just the ones I've seen often talked about like that.

• Langweilg
    Langweilg Member Posts: 85
    Options

I don’t like the nerfs, that make stuff useless afterwards, because the devs always overnerfed everything and that they rework stuff to the worse. Killer sided maps, map reworks (because all of them became killer sided afterwards). Skull merchant/Clown/Pain res+pop

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 3,355
    Options

The sheer amount of bad perks.

The perk changes with this midchapter are a breath of fresh air, but the problem is still significant. I'd love to see perk updates on the REAL bottom of the barrel stuff. Inner Focus, Overwhelming Presence, Corrective Action, the Teamwork Perks, Genetic Limits (it was on the roadmap bhvr…… where did it go?), stuff like that.

Honestly, they should do a pass over the Tools of Torment perks first. Literally every single perk from that chapter outside of Background Player is completely unviable.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,097
    Options

The bugs within this game is something else

• Alionis
    Alionis Member Posts: 976
    Options

Toxic players during an event and whoever designed the achievement for opening the gate and escaping 20 times on the RPD map.

• SkeletonDance
    SkeletonDance Member Posts: 72
    Options

I'm gonna agree on matchmaking

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,100
    Options

Character customization. It’s so lacking compared to other games. I know from past discussions that I’m probably in the minority in the community but I really wish they’d overhaul customization and cosmetics.

I love changing my characters look every week (sometimes every day) in other games and I wish I could do that here. I wish there were more cosmetic slots so I can change more things individually such as a unique slot for face(glasses, piercings, tattoos), hair, head(think hats/helmets), neck, shoulders(capes/cloaks), torso, legs, feet, hands and you get the idea now.

They’d have to redo all cosmetics to make it work so we can mix and match to our hearts content but I don’t think they’ll allocate any man power to it unless they were sure the majority of players would want it.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,687
    Options

Fun fact - remember that Background Player's original effect activated on unhook, not when someone got picked up. That never made it off PTB, after everyone rightfully pointed out this perk incentivized taking TF off and leaving the unhooked player to be tunneled, but originally every single thing from that chapter was complete garbage!

But yeah, +1. I wish they'd fix the vast multitudes of perks nobody would ever run, and perks that are directly outclassed by another perk, instead of adding 6 new perks every 3 months.

• ReverseVelocity
    Options

Oh yeah, I remember that well.

Honestly, that perk would've been fine if it activated when YOU got unhooked. Instead it was really good at sandbagging. I mean, I got decent use out of it by running at the killer after unhooking someone but 90% of the use cases were to take off and leave the unhooked Survivor to die.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,637
    Options

I mean if it activated when you get unhooked then it is just a slightly better sprint burst in that scenario but does nothing in chase or other situations, not sure if that is a worth trade of, given that you will get value a max of 2 times and thats not even a given.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,796
    Options

I get it money but it’s honestly annoying how some characters never get cosmetics outside of event cosmetics Jake rarely ever gets them and I find myself never caring about cosmetic drops

• ReverseVelocity
    edited June 27
    Options

PTB Background Player lasted for 6 seconds. It'd be very handy for being tunneled.

They could've probably even made it activate when you next start running, so you can get healed and zip off to a gen.

• Agt_Scully
    Agt_Scully Member Posts: 156
    Options

After nearly 4,000 hours in DbD, I ONLY play for map offerings - specifically Midwich and RPD. With Balanced Landing 🤸‍♂️ on my Survivors and playing as Scratched Mirror Myers / Amandas Letter Pig / Honing Stone Trapper 🔪, I need the multi-level maps to maximize these perks. I wish they had dedicated servers that ran the indoor maps 24/7.

I hate wasting all my Bloodpoints to earn a coveted Midwich map offering only for it to be countered and lost by another player's map offering to Auto-Haven or one of the other horrible corn maps 🌽. At least let us save the map offerings if they don't end up being accepted. Maybe letting us see other Survivor load-outs in the lobby would help.