Why can't we purchase older Twisted Masquerade cosmetics with this years currency?

I'm not spending shards or real money on that stuff. I get why The Pig's outfit costs Auric cells, but making it so we can't use this years Twisted currency on the older outfits is really stupid. I guess I'm done playing for now. 400 extra for no reason other than to be wasted. :/

Comments

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

Well, the game is not going to monetize itself.

• biggybiggybiggens
    biggybiggybiggens Member Posts: 659

Still against it for the annual event items..

• RedPoncho12
    RedPoncho12 Member Posts: 157

agreed. Plus why would I pay $5 to use $4 worth of auric sells on a mask for huntress which are all kind of mid anyway. Just let us earn it but have the option to buy them for those who want to get all of them

• Depressedlegion
    Depressedlegion Member Posts: 326

I Mean, it's not different from any other limited time item really.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,109
    edited June 28

I mostly don't like how tomes and event tomes are set up. They come out in segments rather than all at once, and the last segment only gives you like 5-7 days and has just as many and just as difficult challenges as the first 2-3 segments. You're bound to miss cosmetics because of it.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,641

I think you should be able to earn the old ones for free as well. At least for iridescent shards.

They aren't really that popular cosmetics, i can't see that many people will buy them.

• Thale20
    Thale20 Member Posts: 72

I think that the event cosmetics from previous years shouldn't be free. I mean they still need to earn money somehow. Getting them for free is like a benefit for ppl who played at that time. And we shouldn't forget that they already made all non-licensed cosmetics and most important all original chapters available with iri shards. You need to look at this and compare it with other games. Rainbow Six for example gives you one pack with a random item for an event and maybe 2 with challenges and for the rest you pay like 5$/pack but with a random item.

And at the end you don't need cosmetics to play.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

But is it really for free, when it means skipping out on this year's cosmetics instead? The same amount of things would be given away for free, and the same amount of money would be spent (nothing), so it's hardly operating at a loss and instead it's just something friendly for the consumer.

Actually saying that last point and then looking at the new menu UI + store UI we've gotten, I can see why. Making things consumer friendly hasn't been high on the bucket list this year.