Giving up on the first hook should come with a disconnect penalty.

PreorderBonus
PreorderBonus Member Posts: 250
edited June 30 in Feedback and Suggestions

And running to the killer to get hooked and suicide right away should be bannable.

That's it. Stop letting entitled players ruin everyone else's games.

"But… It's Skull Merchant or Billy downed me in 15 seconds with Lethal!!" Then stop playing the game. Easy.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• PreorderBonus
    PreorderBonus Member Posts: 250

If they stopped playing completely, I would gladly hold their hand and walk them to the hook myself.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,634

Nah, I think they should just make it so there is no easy way out anymore, so no killing yourself on hook and no 4% so they need to stay in the game for some time, maybe even get rid of the DC penalty to some degree, make it apply only after x dcs per day, while showing you the amount, so people get incentivised to not DC on every occasion but are still able to get out of games against hackers and so...

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,678

Sadly, this is merely a symptom of a much bigger problem.

Even if they completely remove methods of faster hook progress, survivors will go stand at a hook and point, follow the killer, make loud noises to get the killers attention, or some other method of getting out of the game quickly.

You can put a bandaid fix on the problem, but the core issue will remain: the game is becoming increasingly unfun for players.

That's subjective, sure, and people will always want out for petty or trivial reasons… but that's always been the case before this as well. So why is this problem seemingly getting worse? Why are people getting burned out much faster now?

I'm personally of the opinion that tunneling is too strong in a large number of these cases. It's far too easy now to get one player out of the game, so if you're unlucky enough to be found first, you simply don't get to play that match. That player gets next to nothing except wasted time, not even BP, and they're going to want to go next automatically.

Does that make it right to give up and go next? Nope, but let's try tackling the root cause of even one major reason this occurs. Because most of the band aid fixes people list will accomplish even less that that.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

A survivor glues to a gen and refuses to let go until they are grabbed and hooked. After unhook they proceed to do the same, and then one more time. Your move? Report players for doing gens?

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,871

Agreed. Players giving up on hook after first down is such poor sportsmanship. I think there should be a stick component but I also think there should be a carrot. If a survivor doesn't attempt more than one self unhook and doesn't miss more than one skill check while hooked then the player gets a bonus to bloodpoints earned at end of match. Like 5 or even 10 thousand bloodpoints. Enough to motivate players to stick around for a minute. Granted, some players will just make no effort to evade the killer after being unhooked. Maybe make it so the player loses the bloodpoint bonus if they go down within 16 meters of the hook they were hanging on. Still can be gamed but at least it would be something.

• cruelb
    cruelb Member Posts: 110

If I wanted out of the game, I would be out of the game; hook, DC, AFK… whatever. So, 'punishing' wouldn't matter.

On the rare occasion I have done it, I didn't like how the killer/survivor had behaved… floor ######### thing / running around not doing anything.. the usual. That doesn't make me 'entitled', that just means I won't spend my time with morons. This issue is perfectly nuanced. It should remain as-is.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,235
    edited June 30

What if they just made it so that attempting to self unhook had half of the penalty it does currently?

Buffs 4%, Up the Ante, Slippery Meat AND makes it harder to immediately go next.