The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is Weave going to make OoO Meta?

LordGlint
LordGlint Member Posts: 8,283

Saw a video of a popular youtuber using OoO to counter weave. He'd purposefully expose his aura by dropping an item, then run the loop perfectly due to aura reading. My first reaction was "neat", but didn't really think anyone would follow suit until Inow. just got out of a game with 2 OoO users. Figured this MIGHT be a coincidence, or it might be the start of counter picking due to Weave. Thoughts?

Comments

• Philscooper
    Philscooper Member Posts: 40

well weave isnt really that good to begin with unless with franklins, which even then you can be smart and put your items at the corner of the map

OoO is not really that good overall (please remove the random aura reading)
    its not really like old UW where about every 2-3 killers used it, so its not even worth running because "its that powerful/annoying"
    which then made survivors run calm spirit

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

I think we'll naturally see an uptick in OoO usage as long as weave remains unchanged but I tend to doubt it'll be "meta". Any time the killer can see your aura, you can see the killer's aura with OoO so it does provide value with other stuff like lethal pursuer, BBQ, and Nowhere to Hide which are all quite common. It is arguably a better answer to aura reading than distortion since it doesn't push the killer into focusing on the other survivors. I don't know. The more I think about it, it might be smart for survivors to run it over distortion so if enough influential YouTubers promote it then it's possible we might see a meta shift.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Remove the random aura would make the perk useless if killers dont any use aura perk. Its annoying but it has to stay.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Not enough people run Weave since the counter play is so easy. So the whole OoO thing is never going to happen.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,713

Meta? No. It'll probably get a few more people to run it, but I think a slight uptick is all that will happen.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,082

Survivors giving killer 5 perk slots? Sign me up. Who needs ultimate weapon when opponent gives you wall-hacks every 30 seconds?

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,826

We'd rather not have our only red button pressed repeatedly thx > >

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,155

Neither perk will be meta.

Weave Attunement is generally well balanced, and with Franklin's Demise you have to dedicate half your build (two out of four perks) to get any sort of value from it, and even then it can still be negated by smart players. Now that the perk(s) have had more time to settle into place, it has show that Weave is generally a niche perk that most people will never bother to use.

While Distortion is popular, I dont think OoO will overtake it. OoO is a very risk/reward focused perk, it rewards more aggressive play compared to passive play, and requires a massive gamble since it's effectiveness hinges a lot on the Killer. Distortion is just the safer option since it only provides benefits with no downside (no aura reading, no scratchmarks) and accomplishes the same thing as OoO, which is countering Aura Reading.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,396

For experienced survivors possibly. Those who aren't confident in chase are unlikely to pick it over Distortion.

• SunaIIanu
    SunaIIanu Member Posts: 810

I tried it and got like 5 Games in a row without any aura reading perks, so I gave up after that.

Also, I don't like the random aura reading, I know why it's part of the perk, but it seems to screw me more than it helps.

• Philscooper
    Philscooper Member Posts: 40

its like distortion but reverse
    you make a future bet that he has a aura reading perk (since its so common)

distortion is useless if the killer either : has barely any terror radius or has no aura reading perks
    i dont want to give away my location to the killer when i dont want to
    which is why i think its better if they either remove the effect or give the effect and not give away your location

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,346

No and only for the reason that people hate running perks to counter stuff they don't like.

• SleepyLunatic
    SleepyLunatic Member Posts: 408

i agree it needs to stay but tbh weaves, franklins and also lightborn for example are also completely useless if they dont bring items.

• C3Tooth

killers can see if survivors use 2-4 flash light to use Lightborne. Or at least 3-4 items to use WeaveA.

The only perk that killers never use is Shattered hope because killers cant see if survivors use Boons.

• Tzimiscelord
    Tzimiscelord Member Posts: 146

What is OoO?

• C3Tooth

Its an expression : O

(Object of obsession, Laurie’s perk)

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,327

Every single Vecna I've faced has been using this combo and I don't understand why. Vecna already comes with training wheels? He literally has everything you would need at his disposal: to find survivors, down them, and a power for loops. This combo only works and is annoying in soloq. But then again the devs never care about soloq, so it;''s going to stay as it is.

I don't see any seasoned Nurses or Blights running this lol.