The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Since Freddy has a update planned (Yay) what do you hope changes?

Brutha
Brutha Member Posts: 170

If you don't know on reddit it was confirmed that Freddy has a update planned and there would also be more info on it soon.

What do you hope this update changes?

Personally I just hope it's another rework but at this point I'd take anything.

Comments

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,044

I'm hoping he gets a proper rework. His kit is largely a lot of underwhelming things other killers do better and we've had a lot of teleport killers since he got his first rework, so that doesn't give him the identity it once did. I'd like more hazards in the dream world and a harder time getting out of it.

To start, I think it'd be amazing if he could use pallets and snares at the same time. I like the original idea of him being completely invisible to awake survivors and actively putting them to sleep, instead of sleep happening passively and being basically a non-threat, but I'm not sure how to implement this competitively and while dodging the miseries of the past - survivors always having enough time to get somewhere safe/being able to escape sleep mid-chase, Freddy's mechanics making every game a slog. The Dream World having horrible slowdown and permanent aura read should never come back, but then he'd need something else to make manually putting survivors to sleep actually valuable. (Though, maybe he could have sleep traps for more macro control? Or it could additionally be applied if he teleports to a gen a survivor is next to, similar to Sadako giving condemned?)

I wish the Dream World had things like Chucky's footsteps and fake sounds that made it scarier and more unpredictable to be in. Cosmetic changes to universal assets like blood dripping out of lockers and limbs hanging out of the mouth of chests would be sweet too.

My dream (heh) change would be voicelines, though. I'd play even current Freddy if he had his personality.

• Brutha

They also said they were possibly gonna give older survivors voicelines too but that wouldn't happen for awhile.

But who knows, if that happens maybe they'll do the same for killers.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,837
    edited July 3

As long as it isn't bringing his old kit back, i couldn't care less what they do with him.

• Brutha

Well nowadays it seems BHVR listens to the community a lot more and hopefully will do a proper rework like most people want

also just based on how BHVR tried to rework Twins and has reworked Knight recently it seems to me it'd most likely be a rework

• Beaburd
    Beaburd Member Posts: 998
    edited July 3

I'd prefer a rework.

Below is a rework I would love to see, but doubt will happen.

1. Bring back a variation of his old sleep mechanic
      1. Cannot hit awake survivors
      2. Awake survivors cannot see nor hear Freddy at all (completely invisible)
      3. Asleep survivors can see Freddy and hear his lullaby only
      4. Survivors that are half-asleep can see Freddy intermittently
    2. Improve sleep mechanic by making it feel like survivors are in a separate world when they fall asleep
      1. Once asleep, the survivor's avatar drops down in one spot and cannot move until awake
        1. Only awake survivors can see this sleeping avatar, its aura, and can interact with it to wake it up
          1. The aura reading and ability to wake a survivor up can only occur after ~30 seconds (time TBD)
        2. The asleep survivor(s) are transported to a dream world where they cannot see with nor interact with awake survivors; but they can see and interact with Freddy and other sleeping survivors
      2. Once hooked by Freddy in the dream world, the asleep body will levitate as if it's been hooked
        1. Allied survivors therefore unhook where the body originally fell asleep, not where Freddy hooks it on the map
    3. The rate at which survivors fall asleep passively is based on proximity to Freddy
    4. Alarm clock stations remain the same in the dream world to wake you up yourself, but are replaced with sleeping pill stations in the real world
      1. This way you can choose to enter the dream to help an ally who is otherwise isolated vs Freddy
    5. Freddy now teleports freely to any object on the map on a lower cool-down
      1. Blood gushing from generators is now replaced by blood creeping up/down nearby objects
      2. Survivor sleep gauge fills up faster if near an area Freddy teleports to
    6. Replace Freddy's blood puddles with a real chase ability that makes him a threat in his dream world, to encourage people to wake each other up
      1. Example: Phasing/walking through walls/loops/objects at a slightly slower movement speed (actual power TBD)

I just want Freddy's identity as a dream demon to come back, and make putting survivors asleep a meaningful and threatening mechanic in this game.

Note:
    Gave Freddy plenty of teleports to handle the fact that people can wake up a survivor and basically teleport them to safety. This lets Freddy keep up with them. Freddy also has the option to camp a sleeping body to force others to fall asleep and enter his world if they try to wake them up. Gives him plenty of distraction tools and the ability to juggle survivors.

I'm sure there's some kinks in this idea, but I'd still love something like this.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

to be fair, they have confirmed over a year ago that they plan to do something with Freddy.

And let’s not forget what happened to Twins - we waited an eternity just for the rework to have failed and be tossed away and being left with QoL changes and still awful slug-heavy game design.

I hope they manage to merge everything good of all of his power iterations (without creating another Forever Freddy again). I liked Freddy pulling survivors into sleep, having alarm clocks along with survivors waking up eachother, some form of up-to-date teleport would be nice (more on par with other killer teleports), have both pallets and puddles though make them more interesting

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 800

I think it'd be cool to make Adrenaline wake you up against Freddy wouldn't that be a neat change?

• Brutha

I can't tell if your joking lol- (If you aren't it actually used to but got removed with the adrenaline nerf)

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 800

I couldn't help myself from being facetious, don't mind me!

I'm happy for the Freddy enjoyers though, especially GeneralV

• KaTo1337
    KaTo1337 Member Posts: 535
    edited July 3

My dear friend GeneralV and myself have created a - kinda - similar rework for him.

This rework is basically a mixture of OG-Freddy (Pull into Dream - everything happens inside the dreamworld) and current Freddy (Alarm-Clocks and Dream Projection stays).

It works basically like this:

• Freddy can only injure survivors that are asleep
    • Freddy can pull survivors into the dreamworld like OG-Freddy, but the survivors suffer from the Incapacitated-Effect (!) while in Dream Transition (it was 7 sec Basekit back in the day, we suggest 4sec now)
    • All sleeping survivors suffer an Action-Speed-Penalty of 30% (was 50% back in the day) and reduce the cooldown of Dream Projection like today
    • Old Aurareading outside the Terror Radius returns (Terror Radius in the Dreamworld, Lullaby outside the Dreamworld - so current Freddy in reverse. That way, Freddy is able to use Perks like Coulrophobia for example, which are more or less unusable in his current kit)
    • Complete Addon-Reworks
    • Dream Snares and Dream Pallets gets removed.

Much more Macro-Management than Micro-Management or Base-Gameplay - toying around with survivors.

In short:

OG-Freddy with Dream Projection and some QoL like faster Dream Transition, Incapacitated in Dream Transition (so that way survivors cant finish a gen in your face while you cant do anything) and more macro thanks to the Aura-Capability.

• Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 808

Bring back Aura freddy but keep the teleport

• SkeletonDance
    SkeletonDance Member Posts: 293

Eh I honestly don't know. It depends if he's gonna get a complete rework or buffs to his current power

• KaTo1337
    KaTo1337 Member Posts: 535
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited July 3

Definitely do not want just a tweaked/buffed version of what we have now. Current Freddy could be S tier and he would still be boring and unoriginal. Get rid of the puddles and fake pallets concept and go back to original Freddy design. That design was unique and had flavor, it just needed tweaks.

OG Freddy was a macro killer while current Freddy is just another anti loop killer with some map mobility on top of the other dozen killers we have with the same concept. Macro Freddy was way more interesting trying to juggle all the survivors with aura reading.

• Shodan79
    Shodan79 Member Posts: 11

I hope they bring it back closer to the first version where Freddy was truly unique and they balance it so both sides want to be in the dreamworld. Example: If the waking world it takes 75 percent longer to do a gen, but in the dream its normal speed. So this way surviors want to be asleep. To keep the surviors from just induring the long penalty the last 3 grens can only be completed while asleep.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,014
    edited July 4

We need a middle ground between current Freddy and old Freddy to make both crowds happy. Keep dream projection, make dream pallets base-kit, and for snare enjoyers make it an add-on to swap out dream pallets (because snares are a bit fun to place through windows but please add back the old snare placement before his nerf in 4.7.0).

But most importantly, make the dream world threatening again. I'm talking auras, generators slower, 24m terror radius, and the ability to pull into the dream world. Right now the dream world is such a joke, cause that ain't Freddy that's Charles

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

I want him to have a variety of abilities that he can toggle between like Vecna. He's already kind of there with the blood pools and fake pallets. Just make is so he can freely toggle between them without the use of addons. Add in one or two more abilities and presto! For example, maybe he could trap a generator/exit gate. The trapped generator will be visible to survivors in the dream state. If a survivor in the dream state works on the trapped generator/exit gate it creates a blood explosion that gives the killer a noise notification and covers the survivors in the immediate vicinity with blood that is highly visible to the killer for 60 seconds. To keep things balanced just make it so he has a reasonable limit to each type of trap he has on the map. Like 5 pools, 2 pallets, 1 gen/exit gate.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

That goes against the entire theme of the killer. The entire balance of the killer is built around survivors wanting to and having the ability to get out of the dream world. What you are suggesting is close to making it so survivors literally can't work on generators the first minute or so of the match. This idea is completely ill conceived.

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 653

Freddy has always been a master of deception, I hope they give him some out of the box ways to control the environment and situations survivors get put in, however that ends up looking.

• VantablackPharaoh91
    VantablackPharaoh91 Member Posts: 580

Addon pass and make his other tools more similar to modern Killers. Maybe allow a Vecna-like swapping between dream pallets, snares, etc, and make those do something unique. Give him voicelines and hyperpower him while he's in the Dream World.

He could be B tier if not A, IF they just fix the jankiness and ancient creakiness of his Kit. He shouldn't be THIS weak.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,817

Just make him fun to play again. I don't mind if he's still bottom tier, I just want him to not be boring to play anymore.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477

I like pallet

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 809

While I want him to return to his roots, I want to keep Dream Pallets and add a bunch of dream stuff so survivors will have to question reality.

Other thing that has to happen, if we're returning to OG Freddy, is Red Paint Brush basekit.

• Choaron
    Choaron Member Posts: 317

Freddy update was confirmed many months ago, mate.

• AggressiveFTW
    AggressiveFTW Member Posts: 1,049

Honestly, most suggestions about different reworks to Killers often have something that I don't like. Everything about yours sounds really fun. It sounds like he would be a very unique Killer if he would get those changes!

• TerraEsram
    TerraEsram Member Posts: 651

Old freddy, but he can hit survivor when they are awake, can create false pallet or false "wall" and get a better ######### teleport, and not only linked to the gen

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,385

I cannot possibly expect to suddenly see my own concept for Freddy added to the game, but I desperately want my killer back.

I just want to play the same killer that made me fall in love with this game all the way back in 2018. Even if it is him without a single QoL improvement, I would be happy.

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,824

We're in a similar boat to the general above. We'd like the old Freddy back. He was the most unique at the time and would be again.

• VantablackPharaoh91

I'm so glad others, like me, do not give a single solitary ######### about how "viable" a Killer is at being the best as long as the Killer's fun to play. I think fun really is all that should matter in a game, if you aren't enjoying yourself why bother?

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,817

Completely agree. It’s why I mained the OG Freddy even though he was considered F tier and currently main Ghostface who is also considered weak. Fun is way more important than viability and I’ll always play who I have the most fun with :)

• VantablackPharaoh91

I still don't consider Ghostie weak, more like mid. He could certainly use some buffs or even some sort of addressing, especially the Reveal, but not too much. He can wait his turn; he's viable as is. Even then I don't want too much changed as a Ghostie Main myself, just enough to give him some slight edge so he's not powercrept to hell.

Daniel Johnson is perfect just the way he is. :)

• Shodan79
    Shodan79 Member Posts: 11

That isn't what I meant. They can work on all geneators but the penalty is applied after the first two are compelted. Making them have to play in the dreamworld forces the surviors to be in his power.