The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Around 20 lesser used perks are getting changed this fall - what's your wish list?

AggressiveFTW
AggressiveFTW Member Posts: 1,049
edited July 6 in General Discussions

Which lesser used perks do you hope get changed?

Comments

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Quick and quiet, dance with me, pebble, red herring ect. Essentially take all the “fun” perks and just make them better so that they’re actually decent as well.

Dying Light, Thana, hex perk rework, improve a bunch of the bad chase perks.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,463

I know Hex: Thrill of the Hunt is fine but I’d still love to see it get a buff.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,884

For Survivor, I'm hoping for an interesting set of choices between the gen aura perks (Visionary, Deja Vu and Rookie Spirit).

For Killer, I'd like to see a lot of free perks reworked to something useful (Insidious, Shattered Hope, Unrelenting, etc).

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,465

I did pig post with my suggestions, but my #1 wish is remove obsession buffs from Dying Light and make it 3,5% per stack.
    #2 is make Fire Up 6-7% for every stack and add locker search as affected action.
    #3 is Lucky Break timer stops while any healing action.

• Blueberry

Honestly they just need to make it not a hex itself so it can’t be cleansed. Then it’s just a flat “totems take longer” basically. Maybe I’m asking too much but I don’t think the notification on totem touch would be too much either.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,179

My wishlist is pretty big, but a few big ones include:

Inner Focus (god just remove the range limit PLEASE it'll be decent)

Overwhelming Presence

Genetic Limits/Septic Touch (they're both similar in action and quite equally bad)

Deathbound

Pharmacy

Basically every single Tools of Torment perk at this point apart from Background Player

• Depressedlegion
    Depressedlegion Member Posts: 326

Im hoping for dissolution activating instantly and for longer and septic touch getting changed too.

• SkeletonDance
    SkeletonDance Member Posts: 290

This is not happening, poised, pharmacy, up the ante, inner focus, hangman's trick, septic touch, all huntress perks, all wraith perks, overwhelming presence, genetic limits, deathbound.

• AggressiveFTW
    AggressiveFTW Member Posts: 1,049

I didn't really expect anyone to bring up Quick and Quiet. What changes do you want?

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,986

i would love to see thrill at base for hexs so they stay up longer period. I think the main problem with buffing perks that protect totems is devour hope builds. It quite miserable to go against when it can be reliably protected

whistle with increase seal time demo, singularity, or the obscure meme interview tape with a range addon doc. It always tedious

• RhodosGuard
    RhodosGuard Member Posts: 58

I'd say most of the older Killers Unique Perks. And Hexes.
    I'd say an easy fix for Hexes would be a rework of Undying.
    Make Undying not be a Hex Perk and instead, baseline, transfer the first cleansed Hex Totem to a Dull Totem, then deactivate.
    That way Undying cannot be wasted by being cleansed first due to RNG spawns.

• HerInfernalMajesty

Yeah huh? Very true… Okay what about this.

What if Hex: TotH gets a bonus only if it is the only hex perk in the loadout?

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,465

I did suggestion about this one too. Hexes and Scourge hooks need updates so hard.

• GreyBigfoot
    GreyBigfoot Member Posts: 954

unnerf pharmacy please

especially since resurgence is getting a buff and i loved pairing that with pharmacy

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,986
    edited July 6

That's actually a great change i can get on board with. It help protect totems while accounting for cheesy strats that make it difficult to cleanse hexs like thrill + hex face the darkness. half of totem progress staying is a good middle ground

your playing 4d chess right now! my tiny brain can't keep up

• HerInfernalMajesty
    edited July 6

Yeah definitely. There’s so much more that can be done with totems. And crows while we’re at it. I took a long break right after Pyramid Head came out (Blight was the first Killer I missed) and then came back right as Skull Merchant was released. It still confuses me why the Artist’s power doesn’t use the crows in some way.

Post edited by HerInfernalMajesty on
  • DeBecker
    DeBecker Member Posts: 89

A "big" update of 20 perks. Really disappointing to be honest to call this "big" in any way. There are probably 75% of the roster being lesser used perks and 20 is what? 10%? I am quite sure you could easily buff 50% of those perks by just adjusting numbers. And I dont even understand why they refuse to do this every midchapter patch. Balancing is a continuos process, but they just throw in a handful of perks once a year. We could have less issues if this would be done. BHVR start managing your staff on needed issues, not just on new content.

• CosmicScarab
    CosmicScarab Member Posts: 135

Huntress Lullaby, Deception, Diversion, Red Herring, Mirrored Illusion and Call of the Brine are all perks I would love to be stronger. Perks for tricking and deceiving the killer are always fun, and having some other weaker regression perks buffed on killer would provide some much need variety.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Remove red stain by default?

Medkit nerf put the end to Pharmacy completely. I think to remove requiring injured status.

Change from unlocking to scavenge. Giving 1 medkit only, but with syringe.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,075
    edited July 7

gameafoot. i just want the perk to give me 5% haste after kicking a pallet. Changing the the perk so that it changes the obsession when hitting a survivor by any means would make it consistent.

buffing hex:undying is probably best solution to making hexes last longer. For example, instead of hex:undying only re-lighting itself a single time, make hex:undying re-light itself 2 times. I doubt they'll buff hexes because they're not top 20 worst perks in the game but they're not meta or good either. Just average perks.

I found that they're better than most of killer perks by playing chaos shuffle. I rolled hex: blood favor and hex:crowd control in many builds. it was very useful despite being cleansed every game. Some games, i had hex:retribution and Hex:haunted with some other hexes like hex:lullaby, they at least did something unlike some of the most pointless perks ever like….. predator.

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 2,259

I would rather see Japanese comp rule so hexes can be cleansed/blessed after first gen gets finished.

You can still find them in advance, but at least killer has chance to get some value out of them.

Seems better and more interesting than just longer cleansing....

• VomitMommy

I would definitely want to see some anti healing perks buffed.

Most of them are trash and Sloppy joined them in my opinion.

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 2,215

All killer hexes, they are rarely of any use in their current form.

Other than that, i dont know where to begin, the game have so many useless or niche perks on both sides.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,041

Pharmacy and Calm Spirit were both nerfed in 6.1 when they were already pretty bad perks and they need to lose that.

Other than that, hit the most notoriously useless perks - Predator, Beast of Prey, This Is Not Happening, Bloodhound, Premonition, Overwhelming Presence. And toss Shattered Hope in there - it wasn't good to begin with and it's completely useless if survivors don't bring boon perks, and boons are pretty niche after CoH nerf.

• Blueberry

I’d basically just like them to be active from the start but not light into a totem for like 60 seconds into the game. So until a minute has passed they’re impossible to find or cleanse. Buffing Undying just uses it as a bandaid fix.

• Devil_hit11

well in truth, undying should be base-kit for all hexes but when hex ruin was good and required more input from survivor to get rid of, it was immediately nerfed. As a result, i don't understand why BVHR tries to implement secondary objectives for survivor when the very first one didn't pass through.

• KazRen
    KazRen Member Posts: 186

Dying Light, Call Of Brine, Fire Up, Deathbound, and Awakened Awareness

• ARTRA
    ARTRA Member Posts: 938

Wraith and huntress are basic killers with awfull perks, they should have at least decent perks for new player.

At least agitation, brute strenght, tinkerer, nurses calling level. Not op meta but you can use it without feeling bad (Bloodhounds, beast of prey, shadowborn level)

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,256

I want SpineChill to be as it was before it got nerfed. I want Undying buffed to have two transfers.

• Langweilg
    Langweilg Member Posts: 777

I basically want a lot of nerfs reverted, but mostly I want circle of healing back, boons buffed and hexes buffed.

DH for distance without immunity would be awesome.☺️

• Devil_hit11
    edited July 8

Dramaturgy exists as dead hard for distance. Only works when healthy. Has no immunity. rng exposed instead.

• Beaburd
    Beaburd Member Posts: 998
    edited July 8

If I had to pick 10 from each side?

Survivor:

1. Better Than New
    2. Boon: Dark Theory
    3. Still Sight
    4. Mirrored Illusion
    5. Friendly Competition
    6. Hardened
    7. Left Behind
    8. Slippery Meat
    9. Ace in the Hole
    10. Up the Ante

Killer:

1. Beast of Prey
    2. Blood Echo
    3. Dark Arrogance
    4. Deathbound
    5. Fire Up
    6. Hex: Thrill of the Hunt
    7. Leverage
    8. Hangman's Trick
    9. Undone
    10. Zanshin Tactics

Yeah, I'm disappointed how many newer perks I listed too.

Edit:
    Honorable mentions to Small Game and Counterforce. Wouldn't mind slight buffs to those honestly.

• Yippiekiyah
    Yippiekiyah Member Posts: 478

Undone, Fire Up, Dying Light, Genetic Limits, Septic Touch, Huntress Lullaby, Unnerving Presence, Overwhelming Presence, Deathbound, Leverage, Coulrophobia, Predator

Technician, Dark Theory, Mettle of man, Red Herring, Camaraderie, Spine Chill,Potential Energy, Parental Guidance, Dance With Me, Better than New, Low Profile, Boon Illumination

• Langweilg
    Langweilg Member Posts: 777

Dramaturgy is only usable when healthy and it is only a slow sprint. DH was like a very fast jump forward.

• Devil_hit11
    edited July 9

yes. it is balanced. if it gets buffed, it would likely be buffed to be something 100% haste in 1.5 second which is very fast jump forward and work on any health-state.

• Rick1998
    Rick1998 Member Posts: 206

trilling tremors could honestly just have it's cooldown removed and same for blood echo.

• VomitMommy

I would love to see that.

Never understood cooldown behind thrilling tremors...

• VomitMommy

Honorable mentions to Small Game and Counterforce. Wouldn't mind slight buffs to those honestly.

You need to buff hex builds for those to be valid anyway. They were played during Noed and Ruin meta.

• ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,350

I think the idea is if you're using TT twice in that short a period of time, you don't need it twice in that short a period of time. I agree with you though it could do with a No CD buff

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,607

I think my only real hope is that they try to avoid new perks in this update, so nothing from the last few chapters. That's the last few chapters as of right now, too, since we're probably getting at least one between now and then.

A lot of older perks could use the love more. Not only are there not all that many newer perks that really need the attention, but it'd also be a wasted opportunity to focus on the ones that do.

• BubMickey07
    BubMickey07 Member Posts: 312

I REALLY hope (heheh) they leave hope aloneeee

It's amazing and I don't want them to ruin it.

• ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,350

Now they added invocation and that Lara Croft gen perk, I'm predicting they'll give the BNP treatment to Yun Jin's Fast Track.

• Beaburd
    Beaburd Member Posts: 998

I use boons periodically, and prefer booning strategically around objectives rather than once in a remote corner of the map.

My main goal for these perks is so they'll be viable for my type of play-style as opposed to just being useful for hexes, especially so I can stop taking green maps with red twine (and no, I don't like detective's hunch).

For Counterforce, namely giving it blessing speed or making the totems aura permanent if it's a dull totem. For small game, increased range and a 0.5 aura on ping if it's a dull totem.

Though heck, I'm not opposed to hex buffs either.
    I like totems in general so yeah, buff those too and bring 'em back.

• VomitMommy

With your playstyle Detective's hunch seems better anyway.

You get to see both objectives (gens) and totems. So that would help you find best possible spot for boon.