Big list of changes I expect and want to see in 1-2 years

Options
fussy
fussy Member Posts: 1,164

Hi! I've been writing this post for about a month, remembering and writing down all the changes from every part of the game I would like to see. Despite this, I definitely forgot to write something down here. There are no killers/addons changes here, because this post would be 2 times bigger.

Overall:

• P100 now rewarded with red background to character, unic banner with this character, unic profile avatar and unic head piece / weapon.
  • BP cap increased to 10m.
  • You can spent bloodpoint faster: now you can spent 1m BPs with one button/click, also you can choose addons/items which entity will ignore if possible.
  • Entity shop: Too many addons/offerings you don't like to use? Bring it back for Entity for 50% of its price.
  • Survivors now have common Bloodweb. All items and addons were summarized and now available to every survivor. (Prestige will also increase on the survivor on which you run bloodweb, 1m bp spent = 1 prestige)
  • Utility Rating System. Long story short: system, which will track how useful survivor is during the match, MMR will be based on URS.
  • Advanced personal statistic in profile.
  • I don't know how, but make game more hook oriented than kill oriented
  • Custom games: free camera mode. (It's surprising to me devs don't want to help content creators make more cool content). I think there are a lot of things you can do with customs, but let's start with this.
  • Now game will have 3 chapters in year instead of 4. This time will invested into game health and more interesting and elaborated chapters.
  • More PTB during the year with more bold ideas to test them. There is a time for it now.
  • More maps adjustment. Amount of pallets should always be somewhere near average. Not like 8 pallets in 1 match and 15 in another on the same map. (Hawkins should be deleted or reworked from the ground)

Mechanics:

• Boons now take 10 seconds to bless them (28 sec to bless Hex). Killers now brake totem when snuff it.

As active boon user, i laugh everytime i read "boons are trash". CoH is still game changer perk sometimes, Exponential extremely powerful (if not broken) in SWF, Shadowstep can be super annoying, especially on indoor maps. So idea in making Boons more rewarding in a way to decrease time to bless them, but add more counterplay to them for killer. I believe, it's win-win.
  • Hexes now take 28 seconds to brake. Progress bar while braking totem will reset only by half of the current progress, instead of completely resetting if breaking is stopped.

Idea behind that is making Hexes at least time wasters. Nobody runs Hexes because of how inconsistent they are, but now they at least will take some noticeable time to brake it. To not make impossible to brake them, progress bar will lose only half when survivor interrupted or stops breaking it. Don't apply on Boons.
  • Scourge hooks. Now their amount depends on how many SH perk you will bring into match. 1 perk - 4 hooks, 2 - 5, 3 - 6, 4 - 7 hooks.

I also don't love Shooks because of how inconsistent they are. You can easily get 0 value from these perks if rng is unlucky for you. This change is intended to make SHooks more consistent and rewarding if you decide to base the entire build on them.
  • Maps offering no longer have 100% of chance. Now it provides 25% chance to get on realm for killer and survivor, 10% for SWF.
    Alternative change: map offering now decrease chance to get on realm on 100%.
  • Luck: now also provide a chance to find an item into locker. Works only once in trial (or with 5 min cd), max rarity is Vary Rare. Default chance is 1%. (Chance is calculated when opening the locker, so an item cannot appear there if it has already been opened by someone before)

SURVIVORS:

• List of teammates' perks on ESC button in a match. No way it will be in lobby, we will search matches for ages than. (Seems like they already took a first step to it on last PTB)
  • Survivors now have only 1 attempt of self-unhooking, it will take 10% of hook stage progress bar. Luck increased to 6%. (Soft answer on hook suicide)
  • Kindred basekit without killer's aura. It will be strong buff, but have no idea why solos can't have the same info as SWF already has for free. Maybe can be disabled in 10 meters near the hook to not help SWF with easy saves.
  • AFC progress added on HUD to all survivors.
  • Bleed out option: increase bleed out speed x4. Available only when all survivors are in dying state and when only 2 survivors left.
  • SWF nerf: you can't bring same perks and items while playing in SWF. SWF already ignore half of the game aspects with free info, so get good, if you can't play without 4 Adrens, 4 Resi, 4 DS and 4 DH, bully killers with 4 flashlight, bring 4 Syringes and Styptics or just end game in 3 minutes with 4 toolboxes. (they probably will never do this, i understand, but anyway, it's just my wish)
  • Shortcuts/wheel with phrases, same as on mobile. "I will go on save", "Let me heal you", "We need focus on gens" and etc. My decisive NO to voice chat in game, but my even more decisive YES to this, should be in a game long long time ago.
  • 2 new emotes from mobile version
  • Basekit BT: buffed to 15 seconds.

Items:

• Broken Key: now always show your aura to teammates in 32 meters near you, if key has charges. Increased to 15 seconds of use.
  • Blood Amber key addon: nerfed to 16 meters and increase depletion rate by 200%.
  • Commodious toolbox now has 24 charges and 25% repair speed.

Perks:

• Background Player: reverted to pre-buff.
  • Emphatic Connection: buff healing to 30%.
  • Boon: Dark Theory: added +6% to vault speed.
  • Inner Strength: added - heal 1 health state only for first bless of boon.
  • Low Profile: timer removed, but perk will be deactivated if in 60 seconds since it started work no one will be healed to injured state / unhooked, to prevent "i bring perk to throw all my team" scenarios. This restriction doesn't work in 1v1 at endgame, it will endless.
  • Adren: no more heals you from injured state, only from dying state. Provides permanent 2% Haste and remove all negative status effects after all gens done. +50% Haste after last gen now 5 seconds again.
  • Hope: now permanent 5% after all gens done. Added: you get 7% Haste for 5 seconds after every gen done.
  • Visionary: distance condition removed, now map wide.
  • Distortion: now recharge tokens for being in chase.
  • No Mither: added permanent 2% haste bonus while injured. You start match with full health and get Broken status after 1st hit.
  • Head On: show auras of lockers in 32 meters from teammate in chase. (I'm afraid of this buff as killer, probably should also have 60 sec of Exhaustion)
  • Lucky Break: timer stops while any healing action
  • Rockie Spirit: added: survivor with this perk needs to repair 50% less to stop regression (after 2,5 sec instead of 5)
  • This Is not Happening: added: additional 1% to any progress after hitting great skill cheks.
  • Windows oO: range decreased to 24 meters. Will make no difference in chase, but will make planing of loop chaining slightly harder.
  • Bite the Bullet: added: hide your aura while self-healing.
  • Better Together: buffed range to 64 meters.
  • Repressed Alliance: added: now also can open blocked generator after 45 seconds of repairing. You can only choose between block and unblock once per use.
  • Buckle Up: now works only after 5 seconds of constant healing. To prevent FTP+BU combo, but to leave it still viable and more situational combo.
  • Boon: Illumination: added: also show auras of survivors and exit gates outside of boon range.
  • Resurgence: also removes all negatives effects after unhooking (except broken status ofc)
  • Poised: no scratch mark and pools of blood after for 12 sec if you are in 20 meters from just poped gen

KILLERS:

• 30 sec of Corrupt in start of the matches.
  • New alternative strategy to promote no tunneling gameplay. I don't think it's possible to get rid of tunneling completely without killing the game, but i believe that it's possible to make tunneling not the only strategy if you play to win. Long story short: i think it should be some stackable buffs for killers / debuffs for survivors for every UNIC hooks, which will be completely disappear in tunnel situation. For example: +2-3% speed for every unic hook outside of chase, -5-8% too all actions (breaking pallet, gen, vaults) for every unic hook, etc. There is a massive field for brainstorm.
  • Mangled timer reverted. Haemorrhage timer also reverted, but now it deplete 100% of health state in 60 seconds (nerf).
  • Blindness: added: survivor with Blindness also can't see killer's red stain.

Killers perks variety in awful state. No wonder why every game is 4 game slowdown: chase perks are borderline useless and we keep nerfing it somehow, Hexes are super inconsistent, info perks are denied infinitely by one perk and anti-healing perks are nothing by joke, especially after completely pointless Magled/Haem nerf. There are also no good common perks for beginner killers left except Spies from the Shadow.

Perks:

• Brutal: now 30%.
  • Enduring: now works on pallet saves as well
  • Fire Up: +6% (or even 7%) for every gen, now also works on opening lockers.
  • Predator: now also shows scratch marks that were left within 2 seconds after survivors stopped running.
  • Agitation: buffed to 4,4m/s.
  • Thana: now 4%+4%+4%+(4%+4%)
  • Tinkerer: now could work on a gen another time, if gen regressed for 30 seconds in a row.
  • Dying Light: buffs for obsession removed, buffed to 3,5% for every hook. (PLEEEEEEEASEEEEEE)
  • STBFL: reverted. Now doesn't work in 10 meters near hooked survivor.
  • SH: Hangman's Trick: Range increased to 24 meters. (Maybe 20 with my SH suggestion above)
  • I'm All Ears: now can work every 30 seconds. (I want 20 sec so much, but it probably will be op on some killers)
  • Thrilling Tremor: cool-down removed. (I mean, if survivors give to killer downs faster than once per minute, it's on them)
  • Gearhead: added sound notification when aura is revealed.
  • Dragon's Grip: cool-down decreased to 45-60 seconds.
  • Eruption: since it eats stacks of new mechanic, buffed to 15% to worth it.
  • Oppression: cool-down decreased to 40 sec. (Not sure if it should have CD at all with new gen system)
  • Overbrine: both buffed to 150%.
  • Dissolution: buffed to 25-30 sec.
  • UW: You start with 1 token. Earn 1 token for every hook. 20 sec of action. (PTB rework is okish i guess)
  • Forced Hesitation: 20% Hindered in 24 meters for 12 sec. Unhooked survivor has 10 seconds immunity after unhook.
  • Whispers: now works similar to Spine Chill: The closer survivor is, more perk scale is filled. No more works on hooked survivor (Back in the days when i started to play DBD on mobile, this perk had this effect on the screen, but it never was the case on main game)
  • Leverage: 30 sec timer removed, now permanent.
  • Game Afoot: 10% for 10 seconds.
  • Superior Anatomy: now 75%. (This perk has one job, and it can't do it well lol)
  • Hex: Two Can Play: blind survivor for 3 seconds.
  • Hex: Plaything: added downside: breaking progress will be the same if stop cleanse totem, works on all hex totems in a match. (this change will apply only with my Hexes change above)
  • Alien Instinct: added: 5% Haste on 20 sec after hooking, disable when chase starts.
  • Undone: added: Great skill checks now also give tokens.
  • Hex: Ruin: now 150%
  • Bloodhound: added: make survivors steps 50% louder
  • Machine Learning: after damaging generator, completing this gen will give you 10% haste and 30 sec of undetectable. Apply on every damaged gen, but this effect renew after every gen done, so you need to kick gens again to make it works.
  • Zanshin Tactics: added: after down a survivor, all pallets and windows will be blocked by Entity in 24 meters for 20 seconds.

Thank you if you read this far. I will be glad to read your thoughts.

Comments

• fussy
    Options

This forum really hates long posts so much 😄

• HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 250
    Options

More PTB during the year with more bold ideas to test them. There is a time for it now.

It would also be great if the developers would told us what changes they want to do and we can give feedback if that is good or not, so they won't waste their time by making something that nobody wants like the Pyramidhead can inflict torment with M2. Or at least they can speak with the Fogwhisperers about these changes so they can tell the developers if they are good or not.

Hexes now take 28 seconds to brake. Progress bar while
    braking totem will reset only by half of the current progress, instead
    of completely resetting if breaking is stopped.

Idea behind that is making Hexes at least time wasters. Nobody runs
    Hexes because of how inconsistent they are, but now they at least will
    take some noticeable time to brake it. To not make impossible to brake
    them, progress bar will lose only half when survivor interrupted or
    stops breaking it. Don't apply on Boons.

Good idea. I would also like to see a rework of totem spawns because some of them are awful (but this would take a good amound of time because the developers had to rework every map). Protection for the first 60sec would be great to not lose a hex at the start because a survivor spawns next to it.

Maps offering no longer have 100% of chance. Now it provides 25% chance to get on realm for killer and survivor, 10% for SWF.
    Alternative change: map offering now decrease chance to get on realm on 100%.

Honestly, in my opinion they should remove map offering because they are unhealthy for the game. But this might never happen. If I have to choose, I would prefer the change that map offerings now decrease the chance to go to a realm but there is the issue with SWF because they can drop four different map offerings to increase the chance to go to Badham for example. What would be here the solution? - even though I doubt the devs think that much about this.

Luck: now also provide a chance to find an item into
    locker. Works only once in trial (or with 5 min cd), max rarity is Vary
    Rare. Default chance is 1%. (Chance is calculated when opening the
    locker, so an item cannot appear there if it has already been opened by
    someone before)

Cool idea, I really like it. I guess if you drop one luck offering, every survivor has the chance to find this item? The only issue I have is that this could become very difficult on some maps with many lockers. Maybe is a chest better than a locker?

Survivors now have only 1 attempt of self-unhooking, it will take 10% of hook stage progress bar. Luck increased to 6%. (Soft answer on hook suicide)

One change: If two survivors are left, they can do 3 attempt to die faster so the last one can get the hatch. Otherwise the other survivor has to wait ~40seconds til the hooked survivor is stage two and then another ~20seconds until they is dead-dead. Or is the Bleed out option the solution for this?

SWF nerf: you can't bring same perks and items while
    playing in SWF. SWF already ignore half of the game aspects with free
    info, so get good, if you can't play without 4 Adrens, 4 Resi, 4 DS and 4
    DH, bully killers with 4 flashlight, bring 4 Syringes and Styptics or
    just end game in 3 minutes with 4 toolboxes. (they probably will never
    do this, i understand, but anyway, it's just my wish)

Year true. SWF does not need any info perk like Kindred, Better Together, or Bound they can just communicate with each other. This alone is a huge advantage and enables them to run the best perks in the game with the strongest items and this is just boring.

In general, every SoloQ QoL is very good and more than welcome.

Distortion: now recharge tokens for being in chase.

Great change. It is so sad that this one perk makes aurabuilds unreliable and as a result pushs 4slowdownperks even more. Also most Distortion-users are very selfish.

Head On: show auras of lockers in 32 meters from
    teammate in chase. (I'm afraid of this buff as killer, probably should
    also have 60 sec of Exhaustion)

Hard to say. On SWF this QoL change is unnecessary because they can talk to each other while on SoloQ this could be unreliable.

Better Together: buffed range to 64 meters.

Why not map wide?

New alternative strategy to promote no tunneling gameplay.
    I don't think it's possible to get rid of tunneling completely without
    killing the game, but i believe that it's possible to make tunneling not
    the only strategy if you play to win. Long story short: i think it
    should be some stackable buffs for killers / debuffs for survivors for
    every UNIC hooks, which will be completely disappear in tunnel
    situation. For example: +2-3% speed for every unic hook outside of
    chase, -5-8% too all actions (breaking pallet, gen, vaults) for every
    unic hook, etc. There is a massive field for brainstorm.

Year this could work. Another solution could be that some perks deactivate or gets weaker when you tunnel a survivor out of the game. For example when you have three hooks and one survivor is dead at 5generator, every slowdown and regression perk deactivates. If you kill one survivor at three generators, the perks are as strong as their Tier I variant (Something like this). I also wouldn't mind if some perks completly deactivates when you kill one survivor like Ruin because in a 3v1 with 2 or even 3gens left Ruin hurts so much, especially with your buff suggestion.

STBFL: reverted. Now doesn't work in 10 meters near hooked survivor.

I would like to add that if you hook a survivor that is not the Obsession, this survivor becomes the Obsession when they get unhooked. This change should prevent tunnling - either you keep your tokens or you tunnel and lose it.

Blindness: added: survivor with Blindness also can't see killer's red stain.

In my opinion Blindness is unfair against SoloQ and survivor should not see the killer's red stain but still important auras like when a survivor gets hooked.

Undone: added: Great skill checks now also give tokens.

I still don't like the idea of punishing survivors for doing good. My suggestion: You gain 3tokens (or more) for every hit/down you get and the blockeffect is removed because this hurts more than it helps (blocked gens don't regress).

Zanshin Tactics: added: after down a survivor, all pallets and windows will be blocked by Entity in 24 meters for 20 seconds.

This could become a huge unhealthy problem when you combine it with perks like Forcest Hastistation, Rapid Brutality, and STBFL. This perk is not bad for beginners. In my opinion the effect should be a common perk and Zanshin should get a rework to do something else.

All of your other suggestions are really great and I can only agree with them - was a pleasure to read them. Was cool to read all of your suggestions and thoughts how the game can be better with some changes. I really hope the developers will do some of the changes - at least/especially the changes that so many players want for a better SoloQ like basekit kindred or wheel with phrases.

Some suggestions/changes I have:

• Call Of Brine should be buffed to 150%.
    • A Nurse's Calling now has 32meter range instead of 28meters
    • Darkness Revealed: The range around lockers is now 16meters instead of 8meters (cooldown could be higher with this change)
    • Pentimento does not work when a survivor with Inner Strengh cleanse a totem or with your suggestion, the killer destroies a blessed totem
    • Hex: Thrill Of the Hunt could get a buff to 15%
    • Hex: Huntress Lullaby: Activates when you hook your first survivor and only then survivors get the information about this perk - it is so annyoing that survivor knows about this perk once they hit their first skillcheck.
    • Overwhelming Presence: survivors get a 10% speed penalty for repaing. This only affects one survivor if more than one survivor is working on a generator within your terrorradius (Something like this because on maps like Midwich or The Game this perk would be too strong).
    • Surge/Jolt: It is now a 40meter radius instead of a 32meter radius.
    • Pop Goes The Weasel: Nerf to 25% instead of 30%.

• Mag1cian
    Mag1cian Member Posts: 73
    Options

So you basically want to nerf SWF, kill most of the useful survivor perks and buff killers perks xd

• Mag1cian
    Mag1cian Member Posts: 73
    Options

"List of teammates' perks on ESC button in a match. No way it will be in lobby" this needs to be in lobby or at least in loading screen, lobby dodging is already a thing so it doesn't really matter and If I see self-care / urban - yes I will dodge this is a problem of sbmm system.

Background Player: reverted to pre-buff. - They buffed dead perk nobody used to somehow useful and you want it to be nerfed again? lol.. This is perfectly countarable most of the times, it can be kinda oppressive against SWF yes but it's completely fine in SoloQ so your suggestion on nerfing SWF and at the same time nerfing this perks doesn't make any sense to me. Not to say people spending a lot of time off gens doing this and it's not guaranteed that you gonna get the save.

Adren: no more heals you from injured state, only from dying state - making already nerfed perk dead? no… just no

Brutal: now 30%. - I just found a killer main

Basekit BT: buffed to 15 seconds. - Not needed, 10 secs is perfectly fine.

STBFL: reverted. Now doesn't work in 10 meters near hooked survivor. - it's not gonna do anything, to stop camping with 6-8 stacks of SBFL they need to take harder measures, like if you hit someone close to hook (even not obsession) you lose tokens or if you hit obsession close to hook you lose not 2 but 3 tokens, it needs a better change.

Boons now take 10 seconds to bless them (28 sec to bless Hex). Killers now brake totem when snuff it. - people not using boons now and with this change they won't use it even more, snuff totem is to easy for the killer and finding new one takes time.

Nothing said about some of the broken killer addons like double iri Blight or Spirit's MDR.
    I can go so on but I'm lazy.

• fussy
    Options

Cool idea, I really like it. I guess if you drop one luck offering, every survivor has the chance to find this item? The only issue I have is that this could become very difficult on some maps with many lockers. Maybe is a chest better than a locker?

That's why it works only once per trial or can have 5 min cd.

One change: If two survivors are left, they can do 3 attempt to die faster so the last one can get the hatch. Otherwise the other survivor has to wait ~40seconds til the hooked survivor is stage two and then another ~20seconds until they is dead-dead. Or is the Bleed out option the solution for this?

Yeah, it could be a thing, but a bit too complicated. If this, then that, but only in case of this to prevent that if that is not happening. I feel it's not a way BHVR change anything tbf.

Why not map wide? (Better Together)

It can map wide, but Is it necessary? I mean, will you run across whole map to do a gen? Me personally no, maybe only in situation, where it's the last gen. I'm not against map wide, but feel like it will do more harm than good, when baby Kate will run 30 seconds to me to do last 20% of the gen with me.

Great change. It is so sad that this one perk makes aurabuilds unreliable and as a result pushs 4slowdownperks even more. Also most Distortion-users are very selfish.

Completely agree, i did a post about this.

Year this could work. Another solution could be that some perks deactivate or gets weaker when you tunnel a survivor out of the game. For example when you have three hooks and one survivor is dead at 5generator, every slowdown and regression perk deactivates. If you kill one survivor at three generators, the perks are as strong as their Tier I variant (Something like this). I also wouldn't mind if some perks completly deactivates when you kill one survivor like Ruin because in a 3v1 with 2 or even 3gens left Ruin hurts so much, especially with your buff suggestion.

Not a fan of deactivating perk on both sides. If survivor gives up on hook, why should i play without perks? Will it also works on both sides, when i have 1 hook on 2 gens? Not to mention tunneling is needed against really good survivors and it's still not a guaranteed win, but it's guaranteed lose without perks.

I would like to add that if you hook a survivor that is not the Obsession, this survivor becomes the Obsession when they get unhooked. This change should prevent tunnling - either you keep your tokens or you tunnel and lose it.

Cool idea, i like it. But bodyblocking survivor with OTR+DS can be really annoying with this change.

In my opinion Blindness is unfair against SoloQ and survivor should not see the killer's red stain but still important auras like when a survivor gets hooked.

Yeah, i'm all in to make aura of survivors on hooks ignoring Blindness, if it will become stronger in other aspect.

I still don't like the idea of punishing survivors for doing good. My suggestion: You gain 3tokens (or more) for every hit/down you get and the blockeffect is removed because this hurts more than it helps (blocked gens don't regress).

Actually, i like your idea way more than mine. My idea is just band-aid to awful perk, which make it slightly less awful. I agree, idea of punishing survivors for any skill checks is stupid. Big fun of your idea, i'm sure it will be great change and perk will take a place in my roaster 100%.

This could become a huge unhealthy problem when you combine it with perks like Forcest Hastistation, Rapid Brutality, and STBFL. This perk is not bad for beginners.

I don't think so. I mean, only players who will be punished with it are altruistic teams. It similiar to Forced Hesitation actually. In current state it's impossible to get value from this perk. You know why? Because you down a survivor and other survivors are on gens. That's it. I had 4 matches in a row where this perk did literally nothing. So i think we should give a chance to it. Maybe 20 sec is too much, but it needs tests anyway.

All of your other suggestions are really great and I can only agree with them - was a pleasure to read them. Was cool to read all of your suggestions and thoughts how the game can be better with some changes. I really hope the developers will do some of the changes - at least/especially the changes that so many players want for a better SoloQ like basekit kindred or wheel with phrases.

Thank you for kind words and for your thoughts! <3

About your suggestions:
    Nurse's: feel like Nurse is keeping this perk from this change, like many other perks. But i also thought about this change recently.
    Darkness revealed: yeaaaaaaah, agree, this perk is so crap right now, especially on some maps. With PTB UW change it 100% should get this change.
    Thrill of the Hunt: with my changes to Hexes, i believe, it should get completely new effect, or should be nerfed at least. But now yeah, it can be buffed. I also want it works even after cleansing. (Maybe not a hex anymore?)
    Overwhelming Presence: nah, it's good buff, even on Midwich 10% it's not a big deal. I think every other gen perk from current meta does a way more harm.
    Pop: if we get other alternatives and buff weaker perks, i'm all in for this slight nerf. But not before.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,738
    Options

big no to 90% of those changes. Way to killer sided.