The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What do you consider a win?

2»

Comments

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,492

Totally understandable. I have gone for 8 hooks some games but I just need the first kill to call me down so I don't do that often and it feels like throwing. That's why usually my 5-7th hook eliminates someone at 3 gens left. Then I can chill and hook everyone else to death hook and I don't mind even if they escape.

• TheTom20
    TheTom20 Member Posts: 450

3 or 4 Dead = survivor loss an killer win
    2 dead = draw
    3 or 4 escape = survivor win an killer loss

• BurnedTerrormisu
    BurnedTerrormisu Member Posts: 86

When I get accused of cheating

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Well, that's why I didn't say "this is what a win should be"

I hold myself to a high standard, but not everyone should

• Pulsar

They asked for what I considered a win, for myself.

I hold myself to a high standard, when I'm trying, but that doesn't mean you or anyone else needs to share that view.

• For_The_People
    For_The_People Member Posts: 535

Never played a killer (I don’t do well in first person view) but I’d imagine 3+ kills OR if I was ever a myers or pig, I’d probably feel happy to scare survivors or maybe a head pop lol

As a survivor, I’m pretty much a potato so if I can escape great but no escape has ever felt as good as when I’ve managed to for the people someone or rescue a slugging situation with boon exponential.

The worst losses are when I’ve been a liability for teammates or not added any value either through actions or passive perks. I’ve never minded dying but get disappointed with myself and my own lack of ability when I didn’t last long enough in a game to make any positive contributions.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,133

A pip's good enough for me! So long as I'm getting higher in the grades then I'll presume that I'm doing well enough. My competition is with myself, not whether I escape/ kill 'em all.

Funnily enough, just focusing on that fairly often results in those outcomes, but having such stringently imposed rules on myself (such as "I must escape!" or "I need 3-4k to win!") just sets a player up for failure and feeling they are bad.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,117

i am just saying survivor mmr is slightly undersold and the killer MMR would be slightly harder to go up. nothing more.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,849

Escape or double pip for survivor and a 3k for killer.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

As survivor: I escape or 3 teammates escape is a win.

As killer: 3k or 4K is a win. 2k draw. Anything less is a loss.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,917

May I ask why you have these kinds of standards in the first place?

• radiantHero23

Personally, I dont really care if I get 3man outed or 4man outed. I play Pig with one perk most of the time. I know my chances are low. DBD is sadly more balanced around the players loadout than their experience and skill level.

Thats what I tend to focus on. If my match has been fun : good chases, some nice ambushes and moondashes, good mindgames and goood pathing / strategyzing, then its a win in my book. I had a fun match. Of course the games mmr system does not see it that way, but why should I care?

Do I throw every game? Not by a long shot. I win most of my games due to Piggy being a little bit of a devil if the team is not prepared.

If you can go for 5-7 hooks with 3 gens still up, then you could definitely go for 8 before someone is out. Maybe use a perk like noo way out or bloodwarden to make endgame more interesting?

Of course all this is up to you. Just remember to not stress yourself out too much. Its a game. If it gets more to you than your daily life, you should maybe change it up a little.

• Pulsar

I am very competitive and naturally hold myself to high standards

• Tzimiscelord
    Tzimiscelord Member Posts: 146

ITs not tho, if you round up to the closest number, the average is 2. You cannot kill decimals.

• Donyjunior
    Donyjunior Member Posts: 23

I only play as killer.

I win if the game said that i'm a Brutal Killer or worse.

• radiantHero23

Not that I want to tell you how to do anything, but have you thought aboout going a little easier on your opponents to create a more fun experience?

Dont get me wrong, I also run into people that try to win really hard often. But if oone sees, that the survivor side is alreadyx struggeling, one does not have to stomp them.

You yourself are most of the time in favour of creating a fun experience for all people involved. If you consistently win with 2+ gens remaining, do you think the other side had a good experience?

• cburton311
    cburton311 Member Posts: 407
    edited July 7

Honestly, these days, I consider it a win if the match was fun. All this generally requires for me to have fun, is to be upright and participating in the match. If I can loop the killer well once, or if I can save someone on death hook by jumping in front of the killer at the last second.

Generally matches are not fun, if I spend 5 minutes on generators and walk out the exit, or if the killer goes full toxic and slugs, camps, and tunnels me or my teammates out immediately.

My escape rate is so terrible these days, that escaping cannot be a criteria for enjoying the game or I would have to stop playing.

I guess all that being said, I would consider it a win, if the team gets one member out the door. I feel like batches are very bipolar, either the gens don't get finished or the survivors do finish them, there are very few in that middle ground where some escape but not all or not 0.

• Deathstroke

At the moment I probably could im red rank 1 so I don't need to perform for pips. But my survivors are though good enough that I would lose more. Just one mistake can turn the game to their favour and that's why eliminating someone when you have chance is best choise. Usually it's just naturally occurs I find one death hooked but if I really take pity on them then I might slug and find another one.

I run pain res and grim embrace so they allow me to slow gens lot in beginning when I have fast chases and pressure on survivors. But later on game those 3 gens can very fast turn to 1 gen. At some point they often can recover from my pressure and reset. In event I was winning at 5 gens given how killer sided it was so then I actually could safely go for 8 hooks.

• Pulsar

Oh yes! I don't try most of the time. I only really try if I either know the people I'm playing or I kinda suspect that they are also trying.

I only hold myself to that standard when I'm being competitive, not all the time.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,059

As survivor, if I escape or at least 2 survivors get out. Or if I got a tough tome challenge done.

As killer, 3k+ or, if was playing by my no-kill event rules, 8 hooks before 1 gen left. Or tome challenges, again, because there's some particularly stupid ones (Scourge of the Purge, I'm looking at you.)

Though feeling "hey, that was a really fun match" is a kind of win of its own, regardless of outcome. Or meme games. I love the occasional meme game.

• radiantHero23

Thats nice to hear. I feel, many people take games and especially dbd way too serious in terms of winning and kind of lose sight of the fact that this is a game.

Winning sure feels nice, but a fun match is a lot more valuable, for me at least.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,432
    edited July 7

Unlike the devs, i do not believe the kills = skill. Thus i look at hooks for both sides, therefore..

• 1-3 hooks = big survivor win/big killer loss
    • 4-5 hooks = survivor win/killer loss
    • 6-7 hooks = draw
    • 8-9 hooks = killer win/survivor loss
    • 10-12 hooks = big killer win/big survivor loss

Survivors win and lose as a team. Kills and escapes are completely irrelevant.

• Reinami

That's not how mmr works.

MMR sees the game not as a 1v4 but as 4 1v1s. An escape through a gate is a win as survivor, and a killer is a win as a killer, and escaping through the hatch or bleeding out is a draw.

So in a game of 4 survivors:

• Survivor 1 escapes
    • Survivor 2 dies
    • Survivor 3 dies
    • Survivor 4 escapes through the hatch

• Survivor 1 gains mmr, and the killer loses an equal amount of mmr
    • Survivor 2 loses mmr and the killer gains an equal amount of mmr
    • Survivor 3 loses mmr and the killer gains an equal amount of mmr
    • Survivor 4 does not gain or lose mmr, nor does the killer

Thus this game would be seen as the killer winning twice, losing once, and drawing once.

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,832
  • jezebelthenun
    jezebelthenun Member Posts: 195

Surv: If any 2 of my teammates escape, even if I'm dead,I feel like it's a win, even if it's not the actual win conditions. If I find and escape through hatch, it's a personal win lol.

Killer: If I kill 2 people I feel very vindicated, but 3 feels like a win. I'm a lot more likely to play casual fun as a killer though and care less about winning overall.

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 2,257

As killer 3k, 4k

As SWF 0k, 1k

As soloQ finish all gens and get at least one survivor to escape.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,281

As killer: 3K+.

As survivor: gate escape.

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237
    edited July 8

Whatever the game says the winning condition is, so:

As killer: 3 kills

As survivor: 3 escapes

• Deathstroke

If that is the case average killers would reach higher mmr than they should based on their kill rate of 60% and survivors would drop to lower mmr with escape rate 40%. Logical would be to balance the mmr as well to this so 2K should be loss for killer. Because in time this would cause issues to matchmaking.

• Reinami

Talk to the devs, that is confirmed how the system works.