The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

People in this game are going way too far

Like I get that the endgame chat is often used for shittalk or pointing out misplays etc. and I'm mostly fine with that; however I've encountered so many players in the last 2 days that took things way too far.

Had one Ghostfaceplayer that even won thanks to Noed throw an absolute tantrum after the match, basically telling us that he will find us in real life and make sure to murder us and our families while we sleep. Another guy basically said that he wishes my entire family dies a horrible death of cancer and illnesses and that they suffer while I watch. In the end DBD is still a videogame and saying stuff like that just takes it way way too far. You can write EZ or complain about gameplay and balance idc.

Also I have the feeling like the reporting system is way too lenient on these things. I know people from before my long DBD break and also said horrible things on like a regular basis and got probably reported for that very often but they still play DBD almost daily.

Comments

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,183

Just report, make a ticket and move on. That's all you can really do for those kinds of people. Making a ticket is important, I did that and a bunch of previous chat reports I didn't make a ticket for were all actioned all at once.

It sucks that there are some real nasty people out there, but reporting them for doing these kinds of things will make sure they're unable to play the game.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,045

When I reported a Nurse a few days ago I got feedback that my ticket was handled. So they are doing something. (The Nurse in question decided to slug me and another Survivor to chase after the Bot which was still around and left us slugged even after the Bot was dead… And when I said that she should please not waste everyones time, she said I could end myself so I would not have to waste my time with anything anymore. Nice person).

However, I have also reported Cheaters, got the message that an action was taken and the cheater was still playing. And it was a quite obvious Cheater, I have them recorded and reported properly.

So a message that an action was taken only means that someone looked at your ticket.

When it comes to Bans for those kind of things (in endgame Chat), I dont think you get permanently banned for it. But I could be wrong, but it would expalin why you see those people still playing. And I guess the frequency of how often it happens is also important.

• Prometheus1092
    Prometheus1092 Member Posts: 218
    edited July 12

My thoughts are, can't change how other people act or what they say but I can change my reaction. 🤷‍♂️ I just don't let myself get offended by it, I take great delight in knowing I clearly annoyed these nut jobs enough for them to go on rant... I sit back and watch them explode lol

• SpitefulHateful
    SpitefulHateful Member Posts: 278

You reap what you sow.

Being a winner and humiliating your opponent in every way possible is all that matters to people playing any kind of multiplayer games. So, even if players started the game relatively friendly, they learned the rules the hard way.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

I think this habit starts to grow when you stay away from society for so long, you lose the thinking that other people actually exist, and not seeing internet people like people, but just…internet part.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477

It'll be literal instaban

• Royval
    Royval Member Posts: 490

how do you know they’re saying that doesn’t it blur it out 🤔

• ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,351

the filter is inconsistent and you can sneak a bunch of stuff through if you use creative phrasing. I've only ever used creative phrasing to bypass words that were erroneously censored (telling a teammate not to "tee back" instead of "tea bag" etc) but I'm sure you could sneak more nefarious messages through too

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,455

Sounds like a multiplayer game to me

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 870

No. Most people do not hold deranged views like that. You're definitely in the minority on that one.

• SpitefulHateful

If that was true, tbag and BM would have never became an established and well-known part of multiplayer gaming terminology.

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 870

A survivor teabagging or a killer nodding is not "humiliating your opponent in every way possible". You have no clue what the mindset of your opponent is most of the time, so you have to guess. If you see a teabag or get nodded at, and assume that your opponent is trying to psychologically break you down, then your own perception is likely the problem. It's rarely that deep.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,116

Sorry to hear you had a crap session recently. Unfortunately, there's not much to be done other than reporting those critters and hoping a ban is put in place. There's very little to be done about changing those people because of the anonymity of the internet and whatever life-situation they're in now. An online counselling session across Discord between two players is certainly out of the question.

Sometimes, you can turn bitter people around from annoyance to cordial (I managed to do that today, but they weren't nearly as nasty as your examples), but whilst time is wasted talking about how bad they are, not much is said about those on the receiving end. Even with a thick skin, threats of murder and violence against close ones still can get under it. More of a spotlight needs to be shone on who the victims are.

• SpitefulHateful

There is no guessing. Tbagging and nodding has never been used for positive interaction — also is not widely known as such. It's like saying that players who type "gg ez" or "uninstall" are actually being friendly and want to add the losing party to friends on Steam.

• EmpireCity830
    EmpireCity830 Member Posts: 118

Literally had a Nea tonight accuse me of cheating but wouldn't tell me what I did that was "cheating" in her eyes. She also told me to delete my account or she will release my address or something. Like, what is going on with people these days.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,307

This thread was never about what's essentially taunting or being a sore winner, OP is talking about absolutely unhinged ragers implying they'd kill others if given the chance, or wishing illness and death on the loved ones of others over a damn video game.

That's not taunting or humiliation, that's being a complete undesirable weirdo that has no business playing video games with other human beings.

• C3Tooth

Hang on…are you really defending the behavior of a person wishing someone dies???

• Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 808

Whats the punishment for Harassment? I got feedback reports but idk what the severity of the punishment is

• SpitefulHateful

No, I'm just saying that this is the result of behavior nurtured and approved by community.

• bazarama
    bazarama Member Posts: 242

Anybody who mentions self harm, get s disease like cancer or to kill themselves to another player should be an instant ban and the person reported to the appropriate authorities.

How many kids have taken their life over bullying?

It's disgusting and should be punished to the full extent of the law.

• BrightWolf
    BrightWolf Member Posts: 429

It's even worse when you're a streamer, they come in and just say the most vile, homophobic, sexist, degenerate ######### ever because they want to be extra salty. Insulting your viewer count, stream layout, PNG/VTube model etc. Trying everything to get under your skin, especially if you're just disappointed in their behaviour or otherwise don't give a rats about them.

A few nights ago I was called a sweaty killer for equipping Franklin's when I saw three flashlights and a toolbox, they ofc gave up at 3 gens because they realised I wasn't going to "fall" for their pallet-stun+blind BS. Which means, they ofc, "weren't having fun." Because only their fun matters and not the fun of the killer.

• C3Tooth

Its the result of failed parenting.

My first tim getting bullied by 4 people swf with old SWF made me angry and made the game unfun for other survivors. But I never wish others dead.

OP was complaining about someone else wished OP to dead and the first thing you think is to blame victim.

• SpitefulHateful

I didn't blame OP. I said that this is the outcome of the sore winner culture and aggressive in-game behavior. Winners are treated like kings and allowed to be as despicable as they can because they are "more skilled" while the defeated party has to endure the abuse and the ridicule because they failed to prove their worth as human beings. As a result, the former become more and more unhinged in their words while the latter prepare to lash out as violently. There is nothing healthy about that, but given the human nature this pattern won't change any time soon.

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,327

Take screenshots and report then in-game and make a ticket if necessary. They do take action.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,694

These type of people make me sick, but you know they wouldn’t say any of that to your face.

• BrightWolf
    BrightWolf Member Posts: 429

Definitely not, they're the type of people who'd go down in one punch if they did say half of the vile ######### they say in the post-game chat or even they barge into streamers chat to spread the salt.