72 hour dc penalty because my internet turned off

nihilst
nihilst Member Posts: 7

I’ve tried to get it appealed and you can’t everyone just says get better internet I can’t afford why is there even a penalty i main killer so when I dc they just auto win anyway it’s stupid I pay for ps plus to play and can’t even play for more than 3 games before getting a 72 hour ban because the timer never resets

Comments

• nihilst

My internet dced like once every 5 games n the timer just never goes down

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477

You can play like 1 games every 2 weeks and it would go down

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

😢

• nihilst

my internet isn’t bad it just read only turns off for a split second mid game and on dbd there no rejoin option like other games

• nihilst

still I paid for the ######### game I should be able to play it

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,828

The timer resets one stage every 24 hours. So for example you DC 3 times, you are now at stage 3 and get a 30 minute ban. If you DC again it will increase. If you don't DC for 24 hours you'll go back down to stage 2 (so if you DC again you'll go back to the 30 minute ban). Wait another 24 hours without DCing and you'll be back at stage 1. And then another 24 hours it will be back to normal.

So if you want your DC penalty to reset, you'll probably have to wait about a week or more for yours to get back to normal. Then you can either:

1. Find some way to make your internet more stable. I used to have connection issues then I started using an ethernet cable and since then I've had 0 issues.
    2. If you can't fix your connection and still want to play - then once you DC don't play again until the next day to prevent the timer building up.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477

It's stupid for sure, but since it works like that you can't play the game right now

However, you could keep posting rejoin suggestion every month or more in feedback section, and I'll upvote it every time I see one

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,619

Turning off for a split second doesn't disconnects you. It has to be several seconds.

It has to happen quite a lot too to get that high a number.

Usually the price of the service is for the bandwidth. It's supposed to be 24/7.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

Sorry, I can pay for a PlayStation exclusive game but that doesn't mean I have to get a PlayStation to play it on.

Buying a game without the proper hard/software and so on doesn't allow you to play without the usual restrictions.

We all get DC penalties when our Internet has a hiccup or when we get a blackout due to lightning or whatever.

• 90bubbel
    90bubbel Member Posts: 87

you:- I pay for ps plus to play and can’t even play for more than 3 games before getting a 72 hour ban because the timer never resets

thats because you apparently dc a shitton, seriously as someone else mentioned ,that like 8-9 dcs,

• Langweilg
    Langweilg Member Posts: 852

Thst is hilarious 😂. Maybe you should play a different game for a while.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

Can confirm this, I was having brownouts the other day that lasted for 3-5 seconds (measured by my fan turning off across the room) and it never disconnected me, just gave me a huge lag spike/everyone running into walls each time.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,726

I always like these posts because they seem to be one of the rare unifying forum principles.

If you DC, it ruins the game for the other 4 participants.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,495

Do people actually think they will get sympathy with these types of dc posts?

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,522

Dang that’s frustrating. Ugh, can you at least play Killer against bots? Either way I’m sorry for your troubles. I agree with a lot of people here that if your internet situation can’t improve then you'll have to play like one game every two days or something.

I hope you have other games to enjoy. If you like scary I recommend The Evil Within. Hopefully things get better. Take care.

• BoopDaDoop
    BoopDaDoop Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 18

It sucks that you bought a game that you can't play but I bought the game and paid for internet that won't repeatedly disconnect and I don't deserve to be punished because you have bad internet.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,438

If you're having bad internet then I wouldn't play at all. Because as you're seeing, it's just gonna keep building up. My internet is having disruptions at the moment, likely weather related, so I'm not loading up any games.

• ExcelSword
    ExcelSword Member Posts: 512

Really? I've taken a break from the forums a while ago, but last time I hung around here I thought the opinion was "You can't force people to play the game".

That was in regards to giving up on hook, where people act like making your team lose should be acceptable because they aren't having fun.

I mean sure, technically they are right. But there are plenty of other pvp games that have penalties for people who afk/throw/troll/give up, so I dmthink its fair that DBD should be similar.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,726

You'll get more disagreement on the issue of hook suicides, but the threads complaining about DC bans are pretty one sided.

• ExcelSword
    ExcelSword Member Posts: 512

Unstable internet bans I agree with, I think most people it's not even a discussion.

Dying on hook is something that exists because the devs allow it. If I was the devs I would remove the penalty to hook time on escap attempts and failed struggles, and change it so that each unhook attempt gives you some sort of in game penalty like reduced repair/heal speed for some variable duration.

But this is off topic for this thread I suppose. I used to have bad net and so I avoided playing MP games in that time.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475

It does suck to hear but if you DC frequently enough to build up that high of a penalty, then you shouldn't be playing the game.

I know having dodgy internet isn't your fault specifically but it does negatively impact everyone you play with and it isn't fair on them. Even when you play killer and a DC makes all the survivors auto-win, those players didn't boot up DBD to just get auto-wins like that, they want to play the game.

As people have said you need to work out why your internet is frequently dropping, whether it's an issue on your end, whether it's an issue with your provider, or if it's a lack of good internet infrastructure in your area.

If it's on your end, then change from wifi to wired by getting a good ethernet cable, even if you gotta get a really long one due to where the router is, it's still likely gonna be a lot better for you. If you already have an ethernet cable, then try getting a new one and seeing if that helps.

If it's a problem with your provider then just change providers if it's possible for you to do so, or have a look at what your broadband package includes. To be fair even cheaper, slower internet packages should still ensure a reliable connection. If it's just an issue with your area having poor coverage then sadly there isn't much you can do besides letting your local council know it's something the people want.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,591

I agree that there should an option to rejoin (at least for a few seconds) but what others have already said is true. It doesn't matter why you are removed from the game. The results are the same and the penalties are there to prevent that. You need to rack up quite a few disconnects to get a 72 hours ban. In my thousands of hours in this game I haven't managed to achieve that (I think the highest I got was like 10 minutes) and there have been says where my internet was a bit wonky too.

This means that you ruined a pretty big number of games wether willingly or not. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the technical means to follow the rules and as long as you don't do that, these penalties are completely justified.

I understand that this sucks but there isn't a whole lot they can do about it.

• dawnlefler
    dawnlefler Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

I dc'd ONE time today and was banned

for an hour. It's definitely not 5 min for a first time. I'm not buying it lol

• TheSyndromeOfClowns
    TheSyndromeOfClowns Member Posts: 74

Pay the game, get banned from playing it! That's the slogan of Behaviour Interactive. I don't know a single game that does that apart from free to play games or ranked games, so does that tell me that dbd is a competitive game???

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 2,295
    edited July 14

Are you new to online games?

League of Legends: Disconnect penalties include temporary bans from matchmaking and loss of LP (League Points).

Dota 2: Players receive a lower priority queue and temporary bans for repeated disconnects.

Overwatch: Frequent disconnects result in temporary bans from competitive play and loss of SR (Skill Rating).

Rainbow Six Siege: Disconnects lead to temporary matchmaking bans and rank penalties.

Apex Legends: Players face a temporary matchmaking ban and loss of RP (Ranked Points).

CSGO: Disconnects lead to cooldowns that prevent matchmaking, with the duration increasing for repeat offenses.

Valorant: Penalties include temporary bans from matchmaking and possible reduction in rank points.

Rocket League: Frequent disconnects result in temporary bans from matchmaking.

Fortnite: Repeated disconnects can lead to temporary matchmaking bans in competitive modes.

PUBG: Players face temporary bans from matchmaking for repeated disconnects, especially in ranked matches.

Call of Duty - Warzone: Persistent disconnects can lead to temporary matchmaking bans and reduced rank progress.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

I feel bad for the guy because I’ve been there before. Thankfully I moved and have super fast internet now. It sucks wanting to play a game that you love but can’t because of issues like OP has. It’s definitely best to play offline games tho when your internet is that bad.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,866

Whether you are doing it on purpose or not, you are messing up everyone else's gaming experience. Frankly, I think they should increase DC penalties further. I don't care how much money you have spent on this game. You don't have the right to ruin other players experiences.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

Absolutely not! DC penalties are fine right now. This is why most people off themselves on hook instead of disconnecting.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,866

Just to be clear here, I think anyone who "offs themselves on hook" deserve the same penalty as a DC if it takes place within the first 7 minutes of a match.