Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Wesker Bug 16.07.2024

CrazyOldLady
CrazyOldLady Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

Hitting people with weskers secondary causes them to float around. It's happened over and over again.

7 votes

Need more info · Last Updated

Hello, can you provide additional information such as screenshots or a short video? Thank you!

Comments

• sausage11
    sausage11 Member Posts: 129

Just happened to me as well. Sadly didn't record the match, but it's definitely an issue. I was playing as Lara in her "Rugged Survivalist" skin.

Playing on Steam

• Karth
    Karth Member Posts: 190
    edited July 17

So had a W daily and uhm, dear god this is too funny!

Can confirm, its literally using your power on a survivor and slamming them against any object..they just….somewhat cradled lie on their backs, floating…lol

its hilarious honestly

• samuelburgess123
    samuelburgess123 Member Posts: 4

Best bug in the game don't remove it!

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,065
    edited July 18

I can provide a bit more info about this bug, because I've been consistently applying it in maybe 15 matches.

The bug will happen if, the first time Wesker uses his power on a survivor, they are at full health (and taken to injured), they are not fully infected (ie, no instadown), and they are slammed against an object. It won't happen if they're thrown into an object and it won't happen if they're 'brushed' with the tentacle as they're vaulting. I'm still uncertain if throwing the survivor but no collision (and health state loss) has any effect on producing the bug.

If the survivor's first M2 hit meets these conditions, they'll be put into the contorted state every time Wesker M2s them in that match. They'll visually remain in this state until they start to heal or be healed (doesn't need to complete) or enter/exit a locker, but Wesker can reapply it consistently, no matter what health state he puts them in, unless he throws the survivor into an object. Otherwise, if the first M2 hit doesn't trigger the bug, they're immune and it will never happen in that match.

If he throws a survivor after they've been glitched, then their animation will return to normal and they become immune to the bug.

Concerningly, in one case today I had both a survivor and myself as Wesker become frozen and unable to move after a slam. The survivor was healthy and uninfected, and adjacent to a wall; no animation played when I collided with him, but the survivor entered Deep Wounds somehow. All my controls were disabled, camera included, and while the survivor could tbag, he flopped on the ground shortly thereafter so I can only assume he couldn't mend.

Stopped playing Wesker after that, because the animation bug is silly but harmless but this one's gamebreaking for everyone involved.

• xylvias
    xylvias Member Posts: 3

The video I posted above shows this exact issue happening to every survivor in our lobby.

• xylvias
    xylvias Member Posts: 3
  • Jin00BondMiao
    Jin00BondMiao Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

Happened to me aswell. Every match with Wesker you are sure to see this bug over and over again. It's fun but it kinda interrupt the flow of the match XD

• WitchWalpurga
    WitchWalpurga Member Posts: 119

i don't get it that wesker is not killswitched. You cannot loop in that "state", the camera angel is weird and after the third game the bug is not funny anymore. You can't play this game atm. BT bug, Wesker Bug, i got bugged into a locker against a knight this morning…