The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why was Chucky buffed?

Yggleif
Yggleif Member Posts: 170

Apparently Slice and Dice cooldown was buffed from 12 seconds to 10 seconds and I'm a bit confused as to why? Chucky was already an A tier killer and it feels like you don't really get rewarded for making the chucky miss which is very hard to do, now he can just get his power back in 10 seconds (9 with an add-on).

For reference The Gloaming (Dredge's Power) takes 12 seconds to charge and Dredge needs it for chase AND mobility and it's not amazing at either. Meanwhile Chucky gets his power more often and in most cases it should always lead to a hit. Maybe it's just me but the balancing seems off here.

Comments

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,465

Yeah, we know that Dredge needs buffs, you're not first who noticed this.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,080

you don't need to use power drill anymore as chucky. that is really nice.

• Choaron
    Choaron Member Posts: 317

It is nice but that's absolutely not something he needed.

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 651

What a killer needs and what they get are hardly ever the same thing. After all that Chucky lost with his recent changes, this is nice. Not needed no, and not the changes I would have wanted for him at all, but this is nice.

• zarr
    zarr Member Posts: 915
    edited July 20

It is puzzling. They said that his power was "recharging much faster than intended":

Currently, The Good Guy's Power incorrectly starts to recharge as soon as the Slice & Dice attack is started rather than after it finishes, making his Power recharge much faster than intended. This will be corrected in the near future.

But now they've reduced the cooldown further, making Chucky's power recharge even faster. Note: The cooldown used to start as soon as you dashed for a Slice & Dice, whereas now the cooldown starts when you swing for the S&D. But the time between the start of a dash and swing is less than the 2 seconds they've further reduced the cooldown by, and can obviously also be much shorter still if Chucky swings earlier. So the power recharge is even faster now than the "much-faster-than-intended" recharge prior to this "bug fix".

Puzzling. At least they didn't revert the (5% and 2%) nerfs on the cooldown add-ons, I suppose?

I thought "the end of a S&D" would mean the cooldown would only start after he fully went through post-swing fatigue, and that they were generally looking to harmonize the point of when power cooldowns start to after these fatigues as they had done for Blight recently. Nurse certainly could do with that change, for another killer.

• Toystory3Monkey
    Toystory3Monkey Member Posts: 450

because they fixed the bug that was present since PTB and they compensated for it.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,692

Chucky is terrible, atm.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,060

They gotta give him something, after completely destroying his power. It certainly won't be enough for me to play him. 110% killers are just dead on arrival. Seriously, even Huntress who's like the darling of this game probably sees more play from people who like her ability concept or personality or something, rather than how good she is. And yes, Nurse is even slower but she's different. Hag is still dead without crutch Rusty Shackles. And Deathslinger's not doing so good either, since they removed the skill reward from his gun, making him hold his gun up slow like a 100 year old man instead of just a guy with a leg brace.

But for Chucky specifically, I'll explain it again for those who don't know. When he could still Scamper over windows and under pallets during Hidey-Ho, he couldn't get people even at short loops, and that's with the 2% Haste add-on. At longer loops, he could get them by doing that, but not without also using Slice & Dice. So now that he doesn't have that, I guess he just doesn't get them at loops. Just break pallet and catch-up simulator, so basically a weaker Wesker.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,736

Because chucky got giga nerded few patches ago.

• adsads123123123123
    adsads123123123123 Member Posts: 1,081

Chucky has no map pressure. He isn't as strong as people think he is.

• Langweilg
    Langweilg Member Posts: 777

Chucky lost everything, that made him fun (scamper). Slice and ice is such a boring ability.

• ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,353

Because they need someone for that subset of killer players who need a free hit every 10 seconds in order to have a chance, and knight just got nerfed, so they needed to buff someone

• danielmaster87

Mhmm. Nowhere near. No. Where. Near.

They make it sound as if, "Oh, the survivor's running and whether they drop a pallet or not, you just get them with your power."

• danielmaster87

Explain how it's a free hit, especially if it's not a PC player.

• ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,353

see survivor

press power button

close the distance + get a hit