Plague Ability Seems too Unnecessary/Useless

Hey all. So as we know the new killer dropped today (or yesterday technically) and I love her. Her design is great, her backstory is unique, and her perks are pretty cool. The only issue I have with her is her ability.

Her ability allows her to vomit a wave of sick at a survivor causing them to contract infection. This infection can spread to objects such as pallets or generators (and i haven't seen it but i think other survivors?)

In order to cure their infection they need to use a fountain. However when the fountain is used the Plague can drink it and their sick goes from causing infection to dealing damage. This is where my issues come in.

It is obvious that the intent is to cause sick to a survivor so that they use the fountain and you get a ranged attack, and the infected survivor if choosing not to cure themselves get easier to kill if you catch them. (broken and one injure state) whilst also spreading the infection. But... why not just have a vomit that deals damage and skip the in between?

Hear me out. When vomiting on and object (or a survivor spreading the sick to an object) it only lasts a short while. This is assumedly to keep survivors from just being sick constantly. Fair enough, however there is always two fountains able to cure sick. (I attempted to just let them cure themselves and not drink the fountains and only two are allowed to be corrupted at a time) So these two mechanics combined, the sickness just doesn't spread. I have played match after match in a row as her, and a couple against her, and the sickness has only ever been afflicted to whoever she directly vomits on.

So if it doesn't spread, and people just go and cure themselves whenever they have the chance too (I've never seen a survivor risk holding the sickness to avoid the killer getting the ranged attack) then why have the sickness at all? Why not just make it a projectile attack like the huntress hatchet?

I LOVE the idea of a spreading sickness that makes the match more dangerous as it goes on, but that's what it needs to be. Dangerous. Right now if i get vomited on, I don't care cause I can just cure it and not worry about it for a long while. In the context of playing killer, I only vomit on them after I down them so I can hook them and move on and get a ranged attack later.

I want this killer to have a spreading sickness, but as it stands now, its just an extra step that wastes time when you could just be dealing damage in the form of the pain vomit. My recommendation? Pallets that are vomited on or have sickness spreaded to them stay that way permanently. This would make survivors think twice about when the right moment to use one is, AND make the killer think twice about smashing it cause then that's one less infected spot. Infection on generators should last longer.

Or alternatively keep the infection times the same, but allow the killer to leave all the fountains infected so they can't cure after a while. This would make the killer contemplate weather they want that ranged attack or weakened survivors, and survivors contemplate being weak for a while, and cure end game, or risk being weaken the rest of the match. Maybe make the pain vomit even stronger, potentially downing any survivors they hit with it, (No gaurentee they'll hit anyone with it, lord knows while i'm charging a vomit the survivor just chills behind a tree and i cant hit them) but reducing the time the killer has it by half.

I don't know the best way to do it, those are just my suggestions, but i do know that as it stands, the killer's ability is just sorta nonthreatening. Don't get me wrong, she is effective, but only when you

1:Vomit to Make the survivor sick.

2:They cure it and you drink the fountain.

3:Vomit to hurt them.

This killer is hinted at one where the survivor has to debate weather to cure or not and the killer weather to drink the fountain or not, but sadly its not. Its just a ranged killer with an extra step.

Sorry for the essay of a post but i felt this feedback was needed. Leave comments on weather you agree or not and what suggestions you'd make to make this killer more unique. Thanks all!

Comments