I am impressed by console players

Murgleïs
Murgleïs Member Posts: 1,066
edited July 23 in General Discussions

I tried DBD on my PS5 (from PC) thanks to cross progression and I must say I am really impressed by console players. They get a lot of toxicity but it’s DBD hard mode imho playing with a controller, it takes way more skill than mouse and keyboard. The game is also way darker on the TV without reshade. I could barely see anything 😭

Anyone else tried another plateforme ?

Comments

• For_The_People
    For_The_People Member Posts: 483

who is Dredge? I have never.. ‘seen’ him!

..I’ll get my coat

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,261

Still waiting for that kb/m support on my PS5... 😭

• SleepyLunatic
    SleepyLunatic Member Posts: 408

can we finally stop acting like mnk/controller is harder to play on?

Its only harder if you are not used to.

Otherwise both can have advantages and disadvantages but its not easier or harder.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,547
    edited July 23

Are you joking or specifically speaking about killers?

I play my killer games on PC with a keyboard (using mostly 4 keys) and a mouse (every other control).

I play most of my survivor games on the PS5. The gamepad is way more efficient to juke a killer.

One of the best, if not the best, survivors I've ever seen (Cope, that's his name "Cope DBD" on youtube) plays with a gamepad.

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 836

Playing DBD on Switch is hardcore mode, for sure. Doubly so if you play in handheld mode because the screen is so small and the Nintendo Switch is one of the least ergonomic consoles ever designed. They might be regarded as the kings of handheld gaming, but Nintendo have made some of the most uncomfortable to hold handhelds of all time. But it's still the best way to play on Switch if you want a decent frame rate. I find putting the joy cons in a grip and playing in table top mode to be the best compromise between performance and comfort but to be honest, I mostly play it docked and live with the frame rate issues anyway.

I'd love to see some of the better known content creators do a comparison of playing DBD on all the different platforms. Be interesting to see how well they cope with the shortcomings of the older platforms.

Coconuts RTS played a Survivor game and a couple of Huntress games on Switch when he was being held hostage by a hacker, but that's all I've been able to find on that front. That said, there are probably well known Streamers playing on Switch in the Asia region that I'm not aware of because of the language barrier.

P.S. I split my play time between PC / Switch and will continue to do so even after cross-progression. And I'll always be more comfortable playing on controller, regardless of the platform. Just can't get into mouse/keyboard gaming unless it's for an RTS or point and click adventure game.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,484
    edited July 23

Ironically nintendo might have that title but when it comes to the switch. Steam when it released the steamdeck showed how far they actually coulda went. Especially the steamdeck OLED which can do dbd 1080p at 90fps. Meanwhile the switch can't even do 1/3rd of that at 720p. Switch's only real advantage is exclusivity because of how Nintendo is.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,719

Even with practice and time most killers just cannot be played to their full potential with a controller. Many of them need snappy movement and very quick camera turning to be most effective, and feel good to play not clunky.

Input delay, dead zones in the sticks, and inferior frame rates together make it a rougher experience. And take much longer to get good with most killers. On th surv side it's less of a problem, and many players prefer a controller for that role. But for killer...

There's a reason so many players have loudly clamored for Cross Progression and/or M&K support consistently over the years. Particularly our precious Switch cousins.

• Pit_Bull_Love
    Pit_Bull_Love Member Posts: 39

I started out on pc with a controller, and I felt like I reached my max potential there, so I learned keyboard and mouse. I definitely agree that they play totally different

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 780

I prefer survivor with controller so that's neat for me at least

• Rick1998
    Rick1998 Member Posts: 204

as someone who moved platforms last year from ps5 to pc i cant go back to ps5 now. Once you go kn&m with 120 fps there is no going back. I booted dbd on console the other day and i can't even imagined how i played this game for so long on console 😂

• For_The_People
    For_The_People Member Posts: 483

Honestly, I’ve been amazed at how well the game runs on steam deck - FAR beyond my expectations!

I’ve also tested playing it via steam link from deck to my phone and it was buttery smooth with not even a hint of lag! Having the option to play it on a compact and light device like my phone while the steam deck charges or something is utterly mind blowing.

• pa4n
    pa4n Member Posts: 48

I mostly play with K/M. In the past i played on a friend's PS4 for like 50-100 hours and i got used to play with a controller quite fast.

But i got to say playing Oni with a controller felt like impossible to me^^

Imo playing survivor with a controller is absolutely fine, though i still prefer K/M in general

• Kolakia
    Kolakia Member Posts: 6

As someone who had over 1000 hours on controller before switching to PC, mnk, if not easier, is at least a far better experience. Especially on killer (I play mostly wesker and blight), the precision and speed with which you can move your camera with a mouse as opposed to a joystick makes a HUGE difference.

• SleepyLunatic
    SleepyLunatic Member Posts: 408

I have over 6k hours on console and switched over to pc now.
    I do agree its a better experience for killer but still not easier.
    For survivor i still prefer controller by far.