Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Like 95% of Trappers in 2v8 just hold a "3-gen" for the entire game.

Coffeecrashing
Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,674

Like 95% of Trappers in 2v8 just hold a "3-gen" (actual number of generators are higher than 3) for the ENTIRE GAME. I haven't seen killers try to 3-gen this much and this badly, since pre-nerfed Skull Merchant.

Really, what did anyone expect Trappers to do in a game mode with super huge maps, when his power requires a killer to be nearby the traps in order to catch trapped survivors?

This usually results in one of two things. Either the survivors keep trying to invade Trapper's trap zone, and get stuck in traps…… or everyone just ignores Trapper's trap zone until the last generator, and 8 people are still alive because the game was really a 1v8 the entire time, and all 8 survivors just swarm the last generators, and end up winning.

It's so boring. Can anything be done to encourage Trappers to actually move around the map and help their teammate, or are we just stuck with a boring game every time Trapper is there?

Comments

• GroßusSchmiedus
    GroßusSchmiedus Member Posts: 517
    edited July 27

And survivors getting the toxic premade squad experience judging by the amount of videos and screenshot by Killers slugging and proxy camping/turbo tunneling someone together.

Beautiful isn't it? I would hope that people will understand the other side a bit more after the event is done, but im not stupid and understand that its not gonna happen cause this is the DBD community, there is no hope.

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,483
    edited July 27

Trapper does the only thing to be viable in this mode?
    I tried to be chase Trapper in this mode, because 150% after placing trap is cool, but guess what? There is ultra safe pallet in front super safe near super safe pallet near good pallet. So it's still pointless.
    I tried to be usual Trapper, place smart unexpected traps with chases in between. But guess what? With constant wallhack on killers they all instantly disarmed, it takes too much time, because Trapper isn't killer for current game, even more not for this mode, and need to waste literally half of the match to collect and place his power, which constantly cancelled. Even if I had not bad games with this playstyle, all of them were against very bad survivors.
    So yeah, see nothing wrong with Trappers trying to be at least slightly playable in this mode.

• GroßusSchmiedus
    GroßusSchmiedus Member Posts: 517
    edited July 27

It only takes a single survivor taking the scout class and everyone can see you placing your traps and either avoid or disarm them easily.

The traps are still scattered around giant maps so it takes an eternity to set up.

Man i wonder why few people play Trapper and the few who want to resort to such strategies? I bet it doesn't have to do with the fact we have been asking for a Trapper rework for like 6 years now. But BHVR pretends that removing traps from the ground and letting him get his traps like Huntress/Trickster out of the locker would be extremely OP.

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 898

Trapper out here enjoying his best, most annoying life whilst he can.

• Yggleif
    Yggleif Member Posts: 173

Yeah this is why people need to play both sides to really understand the game but this is the next best thing. Will it make a difference? Eh, maybe for a few people but yeah willing to bet people will find ways to say it's not the same thing for some convoluted reason.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,781

… Can you even 3 gen in 2v8?

• Coffeecrashing
    edited July 27

I’m saying that if Trapper is going to be in 2v8, he needs a rework, or a lot of buffs that allow him to be way more mobile.

When Trappers basically sit in one area the entire game, it’s frustrating for the other killer. Many killers that sign up for 2v8, want to have an interactive experience with the other killer. They don’t want to roam the map by themselves, while Trapper camps the same area the entire game.

I’ve seen multiple killers DC after their Trapper teammate decided to camp one area for the entire game, and I think killers need to be VERY frustrated if they are going to DC, considering they probably had to wait 20 minutes in queue.

Post edited by Coffeecrashing on
  • mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 2,232

Trapper's counter is literally 1 person picking Scout and stalking him all game while disabling his traps. If the Scout player in your lobby isn't doing their job, then do it yourself.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475

I've not really noticed this myself, Trappers tend to set traps, then hang around their killer buddy for the rest of the game.

To be fair he's not got great mobility and the maps are massive so I don't really blame him for sticking to an area. Same with Huntress.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,283

smh I have a feeling OP got misunderstood. - All they're saying is that the INTENDED playstyle for Trapper in the 2v8 isn't particularly suited for the 2v8 mode; both for Trapper and for survs. It's a save-or-suck rinse and reapeat kinda thing; either survs catch on to the trap zone and avoid it for the better part of the match until they can roll the killers by putting insane pressure on traps and the last gen - or they don't and get absolutely rolled by the killers due to being stuck in traps all the time. There's not really an inbetween - and neither extreme is fun for either side.

Or, well, that's how I understood it.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,197

trapper is 3 gen killer, In 2vs8 mode, he's 5 gen killer. that is how the killer works. trapping killer are designed to control an area. the 2vs8 maps are way to big for trapper to control entire map. as a result, you have shrink the map to 5 gen for trapper to be able to control an area and use his ability.

your complaining that your teammate picked defensive killer and your refusing to play with your teammate who has defensive play-style paired with defensive killer.

agree.

i mean chasing trapper is just not viable 1vs4 mode. Of course it is going to be same thing in 2vs8 mode where survivor have permanent wall-hacks, 3% speed and 20 second sprint bursts.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477

You can still try to zone survivors into trap network, not like it works or meaningful

• jokere98
    jokere98 Member Posts: 577

it also sucks that teammate can't see the aura of trapper traps, so, you need voice chat ideally

• Coffeecrashing

I’m saying that if only 5 killers are allowed to be in 2v8, then BHVR should be picking 5 "move around the map" killers, so that both killers can have interactive experiences with each other.

Yes, I'm saying Trapper shouldn't have been one of the 5 killers in 2v8. I don't care if he was one of the original killers, because "camp an area" killers don't belong in 2v8. For reals, Doctor should have been in 2v8 instead of Trapper, so that we could have 5 killers that could be easily adapted to this mode.

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,483

At this point I agree with you. But Trapper also don't belong in 1v4, so it's more killer problem. I wish they rework him somehow with preservation of his nature. Killer in current game can't afford to waste several minutes just to pick up his power, than spread it across the map, than just watch it denied by pressing m1 and you need to redo it all over again.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,108

That's probably the only way Trapper wins in this mode. You've seen how spreading his traps all over the map in standard kills him, right?

• LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 563

I'm a trapper main in general & haven't played for a 3 gen or a 5 gen ect. I try to play in a similar way to how I usually would but to be fair first 2 or 3 games were mostly pallet simulator when its litterally pallet 3 steps pallet, 3 steps pallet!

Personally I find trapping the all ovsr the main building gets the best results with maybe 1 or 2 near a gen escape route, caught loads, killed loads, had hunteress as my teammate in every single game (can play around pallets ect) got more hooks & blood points than them in all of them!

& from the survivor side played against a few very good trappers too!

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,197

it is not that only 5 killer are allowed, it is that they couldn't code more killer to be added into the mode. ideally, they would want to get entire cast to play this mode but there is only so much time add playable killers. even at 5 killer, the mode is fairely impressive.

I also like trapper is in the mode because he showcases a different play-style in the mode and potentially showcases balance issues with punishing "camping", "Slugging" and "anti 3 gen" mechanics.

• Assassin97
    Assassin97 Member Posts: 35

It's trapper, how else do you want him to play and also have any chance at winning, he still has to gather his traps on a giant map, holding down gens is the only real strength he has.

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,596

Not really. For the last gen, survivors can pick one of 6 gens to complete. So you would have to hold a 3-gen with each killer. Very unlikely that two well protectable 3-gens will be left when down to one gen.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,781

That's the thought I had.

I've maybe had one set of gens close enough together to maybe protect as two killers? And as survivor if anyone is a Guide it makes it much easier to pressure any 2 of the last remaining gens.

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 829

If it really bothers you that much, play Scout.