Weave of Attunement

2»

Comments

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,873

We feel the odd need to point how weave attunement is fine despite the fact we know the effective response we'll get…

it’s way too easy to use and it’s oppressive on certain killers and it also has no counterplay

It requires one of the following:

• the survivors deplete their items (if they even brought any)
    • kill the survivors with items in a useful area
    • Hit the survivors with franklins (requiring a basic attack and takes up half the perk slots [2/4])
    • Survivors opening boxes and leaving items inside (despite the fact this perk has a bloody icon saying your revealed)

All the above also has the condition of survivors not picking their item back up and/or moving it into a corner (which again has a bloody icon saying your revealed). We feel its only oppressive on killers who have mobility like Billy and Blight…who are also already oppressive to many a survivor so it makes little difference other than the fact that people may get some gens done due to not having them blown up every 30 seconds or so.

The killer will know your whereabouts for a few seconds unless you pick up your item. Unless the killer can act on it (the above mentioned mobility or you drop your item 10 meters or so from the killer) then you have ample opportunity to get the hell away (via stealth or booking it). As for the oblivious part, being aware of your surroundings is a skill survivors need to…survive. So yes, once you know they got weave attunement, get your item and tactfully drop it somewhere useless then tactfully leave the area. Tada, no more big scary combo. Its not the most exciting, but its rather easy. Even finding items dropped by teammates is somewhat easy (though showing aura of said item would be nice), its just something that needs done unless you wana give the killer an advantage.

I shouldn’t be able to drop a item at will and get revealed by the perk nor should I get oblivious when I pick my item up

…Got any other reason than because you said so? Its kinda what the perk does.

All that aside, we do kinda agree with this one:

Since, y’all changed Superior Anatomy to not work with lethal pursuer why is weave of attunment working when it has almost the same function just activated differently.

We don't get it either

• jokere98
    jokere98 Member Posts: 577

• Survivors opening boxes and leaving items inside (despite the fact this perk has a bloody icon saying your revealed)

it doesn't work on itmes that are inside an open chest

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 2,297

Well, if you have to resort to personal attacks, then you lost the argument already 😂

They can, but chances are that they are busy and wont even notice that you pick it up, also if they leave the chase the time spend on it are wasted.

But i legit start to think that the time you have played killer are very limited? I litterly have to tell you how to play over and over?? im not your father.

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 1,243

A perk should NEVER have to have another perk to support it. It should be good enough to stand on its own. Just like the fact that they’re should be any basic attack perks besides exposed perks. Why create perks that 1/4 of the roster can’t use?

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,873

Last time we saw weave there was an icon next to an open chest with an item, recent change or bug? (We've been bingeing on other things lately and have not been keeping up with everything)

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,446

I am also pretty sure that open chests with an item trigger Weave Attunement. I don't know if it's still the case in the latest update.

Maybe it only triggers if you swap the chest item for the item you are holding or maybe doing that causes Weave Attunement to not trigger anymore?

• ich_häng_mal_rum
    ich_häng_mal_rum Member Posts: 435
    edited July 17

In my opinion, WA combined with franklins is too oppressive. In most matches, all four survivors bring an item and then there may be items from cheastes... WA counts over several levels and the dropped item is not displayed with an aura. This makes it a huge time investment to collect items and carry them to any corners. Especially in the solo q. The perk or perk combo should urgently be weakened. Franklin's is also more than borderline; you can't take away the killer's addons in a match.

• ACleverName4Me
    ACleverName4Me Member Posts: 450

BEst counter for this perk is run distortion and plunderer instinct. You can see all items on the grounds and you will be able to pick it up and drop it in the corner of a map to avoid major usage. Or use Plunderer with vigil to get rid of the oblivious (or do both).

Plunderers is the counter for this combo because it prevents items from losing as much charges while trying to look for the item, aids your teammates especially if you tell them where it is. And if the killer doesn't have it, Great! You have a still usable perk that can help you get hood stuff.

OrnOrnyou can run sole survivor OR object of obsession. If you run sole and someone is dead your aura will not be revealed in a chase within a certain length (like a scratch mirror myers won't be able to read your aura even If a thin wall is between y'all.

Object of obsession is great to use for chases because you can see the killers aura when they see yours and helps see other perks they have.

Apso drop your item at the start of a match to test if they have it. This perk combo HAS counter play it's just not the normal stuff.

• jokere98
    jokere98 Member Posts: 577

i checked it in custom ~2 weaks ago - in no situations item inside of the chest was revealing survivor aura
    Just opening a chest
    Swapping item in the chest with your own
    Swapping them back

• Sandt1985
    Sandt1985 Member Posts: 308

There are two types of counters. A counter, and a hard counter. A hard counter is something that basically makes Weave Attunement null and void, while a counter, such as picking up the item and dropping it in the corner, makes Weave Attunement significantly less effective.

You're not asking for a counter. You're asking for a hard counter

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,622

the perk is fine, can be countered easily by dropping your items in the corners of the map, not to mention that you can see it instantly if the killer is using it if you drop your item at the start of the game… i tried it with franklyn's demise yesterday and honestly those were 2 wasted perks…

• Orvarihusklumpen
    Orvarihusklumpen Member Posts: 18
  • Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,446

Video from just now:

Felix' aura is revealed, and the only item nearby is a toolbox in an open chest. Patch 8.1.0 (the current patch). I have no other perks that could cause the aura reveal.

• Legendary_deedee
    Legendary_deedee Member Posts: 56

It’s 100% getting nerf. My work here is done.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,259

great description of survivor items in this game. no counter-play. oppressive and easy to use. they don't even cost perk slots unlike this killer perk.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,111
    edited July 28

https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3759606#Comment_3759606Their valuable time? The killer's the one on the back foot with time.

• joeyspeehole
    joeyspeehole Member Posts: 85

It's hard to see where the items are. maybe the answer is the make the items highlighted when the killer perk is active.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,259
  • NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,732

no they explained how to waste 2 killer perks, half of their entire perk loadout.

• joeyspeehole

Object of obsession and plunderer's instinct.

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 2,257
    edited July 28

An issue is your problem with it is not really a problem. It's incorrect to say there is no counterplay too.

If you said counterplay is too difficult, or near impossible for soloQ, then I would agree.

So we can try to think of a change how to help soloQ:

Easiest fix would be show an aura of the item that reveals you (survivor).

That way everyone can get easily rid of the item. To compensate the nerf, we can simply buff oblivious duration, because 30 seconds is nothing...

• joeyspeehole

Plunderer's instinct and object of obsession. Put the object near a finished generator or the corner of the map and use the killer's perk against them.

• joeyspeehole

If they nerf it, then you can't use it against them. Make the killer hate the perk.

• Donyjunior
    Donyjunior Member Posts: 23

Until the SWF nerf every single Killer Perk needs to be Buffed, not Nerfed.

• joeyspeehole

There's no way to nerf SWF. Killers are already strong as is. As a community, just like with common survivor builds, you just need to find counters for what you see often. nerfing the game, whether it's weave of attunement or Boon: circle of healing, never leads to "fixing" the game. Drastic tweaks usually lead to pissing off the player base and causing toxic retaliatory game play.

• Rage_In_The_Cage
    Rage_In_The_Cage Member Posts: 36

it all boils down to Franklin’s. This perk has resulted in a rise in Franklin’s use, which survivors hate.

• Legendary_deedee

Glad I won’t have to deal with this toxic clutch perk ever again.

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,677

But it's not a waste of 2 perk slots, especially if you're using the "counter".

You have to drop your item at the start of the game and reveal your aura, then voluntarily slow down the game by dropping it in the corner instead of hitting a gen immediately.

You know what else does exactly that for two perk slots? Lethal and corrupt. And that's not a weak pair of perks on their own, I actually consider lethal to be one of the best choices a killer can make.

Oh, and the Lethal+CI combo doesn't make you oblivious or lose your item charges either. In fact, at the current state of the game, a killer could get all of that value with only one perk: since survivors who know this combo will see weave and just assume you also have franklin's every time, without seeing it.

So weave+franklin's is wall hacks if survivors don't play around it, and you basically get lethal pursuer and corrupt intervention for free if they do play around it. And that could be attained by just equipping weave alone, in some games. Which is exactly why people are defending it so hard.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,732
    edited August 4

weave alone reminded me of running ftp alone lol, it would be a big gamble considering most people don't even really know to play around it, in my soloq experience at least. i understandit being a mini lethal and agree on that but corrupt? depending on the map they'll just have to walk for a few seconds, drop it and then start looking for a gen and bam, killer lost 2 perks right at the start of the game just for a few seconds of aura reading (and their items but that's just franklin's for you). 2 slowdowns instead would waste much more time or other perks would earn them more.

oblivious would need to go though, it just overloads the perk like blindness on uw or endurance on old mft. with that gone you can check for the perk and start hiding in case killer saw the aura and went to look for you. also you need to put the item down in a dead area so being oblivious while doing that doesn't help at all.

Post edited by NerfDHalready on
  • Legendary_deedee

Glad this toxic is getting wiped. It’s boring playstyle.