The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why no incentive in regular mode?

bornagain234
bornagain234 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 336
edited July 26 in General Discussions

Killer matches are taking forever in 4v1 too why not put 400% on that mode? Is it because we can use cakes in that mode and it would be too much?

Comments

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,492

It would incentive not to play 2vs8 which need more survivors desperately. Everyone wants to play killer with friend at the moment so queques take long.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,841

Because BHVR is "incentivising" all available survivors to play 2v8. That's why they removed the bonus from standard queue. They need more meat for the grinder.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,179

I hope that can be implemented by the next time 2v8 rolls around (or even earlier, ideally). It's really needed.

1v4 queues are cooked right now (at least on the killer side). I don't want to have to play 2v8 Survivor for the next 2 weeks in order to get decent queues.

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,231
    edited July 26

Yea it's kind of silly. I'll admit that i'm a bit annoyed at being expected to play 2v8 for the entire two weeks if I want to earn any amount of bloodpoints. It's even worse if it gets extended like Chaos Shuffle did. Sounds like a good way to burn people out on it if i'm being honest.

• Dionysusdog
    Dionysusdog Member Posts: 154

Makes sense I guess. Well back to Call of Duty until the event is over I guess. Not as fun but 1 minute que time vs 20-30 minutes for DBD makes it a easy choice

• Beaburd
    Beaburd Member Posts: 998

Any chance you folks could give some type of indicator as to which side needs players in the main game mode?

I'm pretty impatient regarding queue times, so I typically let the bonus be an indicator on which side I can play at a given time. If I'm only in the mood to play, say killer, I also use the presence of absence of the BP bonus to decide if I can play my desired role or just take a break from the game until it's available. Because these bonuses are disabled for the main game mode, I now have no way to know which side has fast queues. Even a paltry 1% BP bonus for the side with the faster queues would be appreciated just to help me make quick decisions on what I want to do and when.

It just feels a bit unfair to punish regular players who are tired of 2v8 or just straight up don't want to play it at the moment for whatever reason.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,127

2v8 is already very popular, it does not need incentives.

What? The mode desperately needs more survivors.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477

At least you guys learned the lesson and stop adding side specific challenges to the event tomes, right

Well at least I wish so

• bornagain234

The problem with making the 1v4 queues so long right now is I want to play other killers. If all the other killers were in 2v8 id have no issue with this.

• Prometheus1092
    Prometheus1092 Member Posts: 217

I was looking forward to the 2v8, it is pretty fun tbh. More so playing killer. But if it's going to drain the 1v4 player pool then I agree 2v8 should not be permanent. The player count simply isn't there for both modes. It's possible the players dropped during the gen bug and haven't come back yet but I'm just speculating on that.

• bornagain234

The game has the almost broken its higher ever player count on steam alone right now.

It would be interesting to see once things settle down and if all killers were in the mode.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475

You can get to the end of the page only playing one side. I finished all the survivor challenges and got the page reward before bothering with the killer ones.

• bornagain234
    edited July 26

The problem is, for some reason you guys always go half in for bloodpoints.

400% incentive. unprecedented! WOW!

Oh…. you disabled offerings. So its not that enticing, not long ago we were getting 500% from cakes and 100% incentive during the event. You guys either need to enable bloodpoint offerings for survivors only ( but this would let the killer get up to 800% so its not the ideal option ) or ACTUALLY go nuts with the incentive. 800+%

Its not even that ridiculous. Youd hook the new players in by giving them a good start.

I escaped as survivor in the 400% and got 115k bp. Not such an amazing amount that ill play it over the whole new mode for killer. During the event I was getting 200k+ easily. I am pretty sure I even got 300k+ as killer.

This is a mode people have wanted for 5+ years and its finally here. Go nuts with it.

Do you realise how many people would be playing survivor if you gave the 400% incentive, and had a survivor only bloodpoint offering just for this event that goes away after that stacks up to 8x

Best part is it would cost you literally $0

It would probably actually make you money as the free players this weekend might get such a start they actually buy the game instead of being overwhelmed by the grind.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477

For current tome yes, but anniversary tome had lot more currencies in both sides

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 795

Dbd isn't going anywhere, yall can always take a Lil break and catch up on some television

• bornagain234

Did you mean to post that in another topic?

Makes no sense to this one.

• sinkra
    sinkra Member Posts: 386

If you want more survivors to play the regular mode you should aim for a 50% kill rate again, not this unbalanced 60-70% nonsense.

• PreorderBonus
    PreorderBonus Member Posts: 246

I love the new mode but it straight up killed Killer for me. I can't play a Killer game in 2v8 unless I wait 20 minutes before each match, and I can't play a normal 1v4 game because it seems like no one is queueing there.

• shiiroo
    shiiroo Member Posts: 21

No it does not. If that was even remotely true, killer queues in regular mode would not be absolutely abysmal. If the survivors aren't playing 2v8 and they aren't playing regular mode, where are they then?

Incentive should be completely removed and put back in regular mode. Survivors are now playing BP farm aka 2v8, increasing that incentive won't change anything. 2v8 has larger issues and no incentive on survivor side is going to change that. Meanwhile regular game is suffering.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,127
    edited July 30

Queue times in regular mode don't change the fact that there aren't enough survivors in 2v8 to support the number of people queueing up to play killer in 2v8.

As for the queue in 1v4: People who play survivor in 1v4 have left to go play both killer and survivor in 2v8. For the first time, people who play survivor to play with friends can now play killer to play with a friend. So that's two things taking survivors out of 1v4.

You seem to be assuming that people who play survivor in 1v4 won't go play killer in 2v8, and that's just not true.

• OnryosTapeRentals
    OnryosTapeRentals Member Posts: 957

The regular gamemode shouldn't have to suffer for 2v8. That's just poor planning.

• aarontendo
    aarontendo Member Posts: 40

Yep pretty much this. They added a new mode that in my opinion is only fun for one side. Then took incentives away from the regular mode to bully players into the new, looked-fun-but-is-a-trainwreck mode. So now I can't play the "exciting" new mode because it's lame, they aren't running summer bbq, and as an extra kick regular mode got its points cut in half (no incemtive). Cool, so the devs basically want us to beta test for them for the anniversary event. Glee!

• OnryosTapeRentals
    OnryosTapeRentals Member Posts: 957

I just want to play some regular DbD during my time off work but the only role that doesn't have a horrendous queue time is 2v8 survivor, which I have ZERO desire to play. So thanks for that BHVR.

• aarontendo
    aarontendo Member Posts: 40

Yep same boat. Once I finished the tome challenges for event I was going to play regular. Not an option. Oh and let me break down the survivor experience. I see people not on gens yet not chased. I see survivors running escapist just to see pallets to throw to tank the game. I see a lack of chase because killers can two piece a survivor. I see slugging a lot of matches to extend the trial. Overall the entire experience for survivor is unsatisfying, and to top it off I usually get more points just playing regular mode and burning a couple of cakes. But now the regular mode is basically dead. 2v8 puts killers at a huge information advantage by seeing auras so much. The lunge from nurse is awful too. Can't mind game because auras are visible when chase starts and her lunge can basically hit across the county.