The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Remove or lower BP incentive in 2v8!!!

shiiroo
shiiroo Member Posts: 21

No incentive is going to change anything. You made the incentive so high that survivors are just playing it like a BP farm. I know because I did whole weekend although I'd prefer to play regular mode.

This is HURTING THE REGULAR MODE, because killer queues in normal mode are even worse, which makes no sense in general.

If survivors are needed in 2v8, why does regular killer queues suffer as well? Put the incentive back in regular mode so at least we can play normal games…

I can't imagine having 9 more days of those abysmal queues in normal DbD… there's a larger issue here and no incentive is gonna solve it and make more survivors play 2v8.

It's either this or matchmaking is broken is some way because it makes zero sense that both killer queues are this bad.

Comments

• k3ijus
    k3ijus Member Posts: 240

Your opinion is valid, but you dont get to halt on other players and blame them for not wanting to play regular gamemode. If queue times are that much of a issue play custom or wait untul auguest 5th

• shiiroo

No my friend. At no point in time, regular killer queues should be 15minutes. Fixing MAIN GAME should be a priority, not some goofy limited time mode.

Plus…if survivors aren't playing 2v8, and they aren't playing normal queue, where are they then? How can both killer queues be so bad? Something is clearly wrong.

• CrypticGirl
    CrypticGirl Member Posts: 608

They're probably waiting to play Killer in 2v8, and that's what's hurting their queue times. The BP incentive is there to encourage more Survivors to play for that mode. So I would encourage playing more Survivor as well. When you play Survivor, you do your part to lower the Killers' queue times just a little bit.

• shiiroo
    edited July 30

I've been playing survivor non stop for past 3 days… If 400% BP doesn't encourage people enough, nothing will. Keep in mind that there's still NINE more days of 2v8. If you think it's fair to tell half the playerbase to just play something else until then or marinate in both killer q's, I don't know what to tell you.

EDIT: sorry, I thought you're the same person that replied earlier. what I said still stands though. I do not think it is even remotely acceptable to have such a long queue times in regular games.

• KolbyKolbyKolby
    KolbyKolbyKolby Member Posts: 623

ive played a lot more solo queue in ther last few days than i ever have in my life because of that bonus, it's absolutely helping

• aarontendo
    aarontendo Member Posts: 40

Man "you do your part to lower queue times" is about the most sad statement of the modes health possible. If the games so bad that survivors have to queue up to make sure KwF has fodder then you know the mode is bad. Just add 8 Survivor bots already. They'll play better than most random survivors and then they can let the rest of us play normal mode.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477

As if "playing for the BP farm" doesn't hurt 2v8 too, I mean just imagine the possibility of survivors doing bones with 400% que time

with lower incentives, I can see them doing a little more of objectives, but with 400%…

• Dem34888
    Dem34888 Member Posts: 56
    edited July 30

First of all, there is no camping in the new mode, so mom’s cyber cutlets, who are always standing under the hook, whine that this modifier is survivors sided

And for 2 vs 8 is much less stressful and more fun than that regular mode:

- Constant unfair hits due to ping differences
    - Repairing a generator in 90 seconds, with perks like pentimento it's even worse
    - Reducing the number of palettes on the maps (In my opinion, they need to be balanced against the ability of a killer, M1 should have fewer, and fast ones more)
    - New killer who can already fly, hold palettes, highlight the location of a survivor with killer instinct, shoot from a distance - giving hits to everyone, the next one to this set will already hook survivors at a distance
    - Wesker, who was broken from the very beginning and still has bugs to this day
    - Skull merchant who just discourages you from even trying to play

Now the main essence of playing as a survivor is:
    - To go do the tasks from a tome
    - Loop killer if happy, otherwise you will s*icide on the first hook, because playing as survivors is just incredibly boring

Or playing as a killer, you will forever play against tournament teams that don’t need anything else in life except a constant feeling of victory, which applies in particular to "100 streaks" killers

400% somehow attracts survivors, since for a mediocre trial you at least get a satisfactory amount of bloodpoints, even if you are slugged/tunneled