The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Could someone explain this logic in 2v8?

bornagain234
bornagain234 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 337
edited August 1 in General Discussions

Everything is doubled. Including pallets.

Regression perks removed.

Twice as many gens to defend.

Survivors only have to do 8 gens.

Why isnt it 10? I dont get it. I cant wait for 2v8 to end so I can go back to 1v4 tbh.

Gens are flying, we cant slow them down. 1 gen to go and were still hooking people for the first time.

This modes trash.

Comments

• TerraEsram
    TerraEsram Member Posts: 651

And when you kick a gen, it regress at 200%

Yeah, it's not normal that they are only 8 gen to do and not 10, but it's only this who can make a problem, the rest is fine

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,163

All very true, except the last part.

While you really can't coordinate gens, at the point it's "1 gen left", that's 6(!) Gens, not 3. 6 Gens is literally impossible to defend, I have never ever seen anything resembling a classic "dang, we ed ourself " situation in this gamemode.

It's only sorta possible, if he killers totally stomp and whittle the survivors down too soo, but otherwise the survivors a literally free to do any gen at any time, with just a smidgen of more importance to the main gen.

But thats one of the strengths of this game mode: no flashlight saves, no sabo, instant hooks, no 3-gens, no need to slug in 99%, no camping, much harder to tunnel. All this culminates in a game that's much less stressful then regular DbD, scen though it's much less shallow. But it was a real fun week for me and a big breath of fresh air.

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,656

This mode just highlights the fact that the devs can do everything possible to make the game about chases and downs, and yet some players still think the role is called "saboteur" instead of "killer".

• AnxiousGummy
    AnxiousGummy Member Posts: 123

I mean you're free to play 1v4 any time. You don't have to wait until 2v8 leaves. If you play 2v8 for the challenges, then just play survivor. You can get the rewards by just playing one role.

• Philscooper
    Philscooper Member Posts: 40

the same reason (i guess) why huntress doesnt have 14 hatchets instead of 10, balancing issues

the mode is somewhat survivor sided if atleast one guy consistently gen-rushes
    but its not like you have basekit buffs to somewhat counteract it
    nowhere to hide basekit, call of brine (200% regression rate) basekit, multiple basekit killer buffs and synergies

thats honestly a you problem when you cant get downs consistently as massively buffed killer or
    cant enjoy the mode as the killer side,

take a break, play something else, or dont play the mode, simple as that.

everyone can get burned out or dont like the mode
    but definitely not on the mode when you cant enjoy it as the killer when everyone else is having fun as killer

• Philscooper
    Philscooper Member Posts: 40

yeah kind of sad that the sweats isnt really helping though, (since day 1)
    but its what the community does so, touche

• Choaron
    Choaron Member Posts: 317

If anything, 8 is too much due to how nonexistent MMR is in this mode.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,163

I also had a nice moment with me as the killer. Me (Wraith) and a Huntress were dominating, had killed off all the survivors and the Huntress was chasing the last wounded survivor (an Ada). I watched her, then dove forward and shielded that Ada with my body and protected her. The Huntress pauses and agreed and together we went then ro look for hatch. But something like this is really rare in 8v2. It isn't helped by the fact, though, that you can't pick up a downed survivor and show your intentions

• TerraEsram

Yes, and I'm okay with that, so it's not like killer don't have any slowdown, they can see aura around, they can see the aura when a gen is done, and they can kick a gen, and it regress at +200%

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,045

I just mentioned it because you said it is 200% Regression. But it is even 300%.

• NAVIks
    NAVIks Member Posts: 30

I might have "lost" a match or 2 playing 2v8 as killer, but it sounds like you're just crying. 2 decent killers can absolutely destroy the survivors most of the time, especially if you actually team up for parts of the match. Maybe you're not picking the right killer? A lot of the time wraith or trapper with each other, or with someone like huntress is extremely oppressive in this game mode, the survivors actually get the short straw in this mode because there's literally double of them, so more people to find and chase, and 2 killers, which means twice the amount of patrolling. It may be unbalanced, but it's really not the killers who are mostly affected by it.

Also, no one is forcing you to play 2v8 I'm playing 1v4 for the most part to get challenges done, and there's plenty of survivors on for variety in matches. If anything most of the matches seem a little easier rn, depending on the killer and build I use. I feel like you're complaining just to have something to complain about tbh.

• DeBecker
    DeBecker Member Posts: 89

Cause 10 gens is obviously not psossible to do against halfway decent players.

• TerraEsram

300% How? When a killer kick the gen, it's normally 10%
    in this mod, it got a +200%

So technically, it's just 210%, not 300% … Or I miss something?

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477

Because there is lack of survivors and lot more RNG on solo que, game is made to be extremely survivor sided, even then they won't win because people will somehow randomly wastes time by opening chest or doing bones, in a mode without perks

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477
    edited August 2

That's inaccurate, accurate term is "10 gens is obviously not possible to do with unbelievably useless teammates", which you are nearly guaranteed to have 2 or 3 minimum in every game as a solo survivor

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,045

Normal Regression-Speed is 100%. It adds 200%, so 300% in total.

(Which is overall 3/4 of the progression speed.)