We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

2v8 is garbage.

crystaldbag
crystaldbag Member Posts: 1
edited July 27 in General Discussions

2 killers vs 8 survivers you can have 6 people rushing gens and 2 people taunting the killer and the game is over in mins... no way to stop it, because you can only go after one person at a time. Like, if you could pick any killer and your own perks it might be possible but right now its garbage.

Comments

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,715

2v8 is pretty fun but it seems, that 1 of the 2 killers has to play either Nurse or Huntress. The other 3 are more like support characters and playing 2 of those is pretty much asking to get stomped. I hope they'll readjust this in future versions of this game mode.

@radiantHero23 and myself have had great success with Nurse + Wraith. Wraith is a great scout and can tell the Nurse where to go as well as play a bit of hit and run so that the Nurse can pick up the pieces and she can also get her 3rd blink while passing by.

There is definitely work left to be done but overall this is some of the most fun I've ever had in this game.

• ays12151
    ays12151 Member Posts: 678

someone has skill issue - okay - I think it's Survivor Sided like the whole DBD, but the mode is very fun and you can dominate as Killers

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,716

My only killer games that haven't ended as 7k or 8k are the ones I've played with a friend who has never played killer.

My survivor games have been more balanced in term of win/lose but are still withing reasonable margins.

If you lose like that maybe you should endeavor to play better.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,164

Sorry you had to face those outlier games. But most of the time you're never gonna see 6 people on gens while 2 get chased, because those 2 usually can't run a killer for more than 20 seconds, from healthy. But even with really quick hits and chases, and survivors being super inefficient stacking 3-4 people on 1 gen, the games a still close. I like the survivor queue times the way they are for this mode, so in this case I'm against MMR being added. If there was MMR, I'm sure more than half your games would end in like 2 kills, 6 escapes. Survivors have no reason to be dying so quick when there's constant pallets and windows spawned in these maps, especially Crotus and Mother's Dwelling. Despite all this, I wouldn't call this mode garbage.

• Orvarihusklumpen
    Orvarihusklumpen Member Posts: 32

This guy haven't played DBD against skilled players before

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 1,035

you can also have 4 people on hook and two people in chase… so yeah.

• Inosennatoki
    Inosennatoki Member Posts: 46

2 v 8 is looked like are survivor sided.

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 883

My M1/Legion bias is showing buy I don't understand why people are sleeping on The Crapper.

He has all his normal issues, but people do be sleeping on the bandaid/duct tape solution that is Haste....and 150% for both killers, at that. All my problems have melted since I started playing Trapper.

• Xernoton

Yeah but that's only active for 3 seconds and you have to stay still to place a trap. The range of the team skill also isn't that big. 16 metres is just enough if both are chasing the same survivor but considering how fast the gens get done, you can't always do that. He isn't horrible but on his own, he is just not good enough to end chases quickly when survivors get a SB and 50 pallets.

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 883

If you treat him like a Pseudo Knight and corral people, it's not so bad. You can at least get easy single health states.

I've been finding that Trapper thrives off being efficient. Chasing survivors in areas you already want to trap is the way to go. I find it best to let Trappers friend do their own thing and I just help out if I feel it's necessary

• Orvarihusklumpen
    Orvarihusklumpen Member Posts: 32

They don't have too since the pallets have been tripled in 2v8 meaning you can just pre-drop against most killers and get away with it

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,716

The problem is that without MMR, you can have beginner killer(s) against experienced (rushing) survivors and it doesn't work well.

If both teams are the same strength, it's way more balanced.

• Xernoton
    edited July 31

I might try that. So far, I haven't had the best experience with him. Playing against a Trapper was also pretty easy for the most part (I remember one game where someone would walk into a trap every 10 seconds though).

Thanks for the tip.

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 767

tbh it's pretty boring. Just make it like the normal gsme with hooks and perks and all killers...

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,279

it who ever plays the scum-est sided

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,936
    edited July 31

I haven't played a lot because I hated this mode, but yeah, that was pretty much my experience with my limited time in 2v8. I think this game mode had the potential to be great, but it's just so boring and tiring for survivors. Also, when killers play in extremely unfun ways, it makes everything even worse. @NekoGamerX

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,279

they can't really unless they 8 man group I'm sure they play scummy in 1v4 tho.