The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

New Scratch Mark Update:

Paternalpark
Paternalpark Member Posts: 626
edited August 14 in General Discussions

How is no one talking about this?

It's a massive buff that makes the stealth part of the game even less viable for survivors.

New tile designs plus this? You just supposed to rush gens then?

All scrach marks needed were color blind filters.

Filters will be meta like stretch rez was for survivor.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• Langweilg
    Langweilg Member Posts: 777

I don‘t think it‘s meant to be a shining star, but we have to wait how they will do it. Maybe it’s just me but I never see the crows flying up. I‘m too blind for this.

The perks that allow hiding getting nerfed😂.

Maps became too small and weak to allow seeing scratch marks over the whole map in my opinion.

• Paternalpark

I didn't know bugs warranted buffs. While we're at it, can we make tiles stronger seeing as I get stuck on invisible objects?

• Sandt1985
    Sandt1985 Member Posts: 295

This is the one and only buff killers got in this update.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

My main issue is legit that this is basically Predator t2. So I feel like that perk needs a rework with that change too

• Paternalpark

If you find a survivor on the last gen, chase them then see scratch marks near that same gen are you not gonna go defend that gen?

• GenmLV10
    GenmLV10 Member Posts: 40

Typically, killers determine whether there are survivors near a generator not through scratch marks, but by the generator's progress. If the generator's progress increases periodically, it indicates that a survivor is nearby, and the killer will become more vigilant, even if no scratch marks are left behind.

Moreover, the overly defensive playstyle around generators has already been addressed by the recently added 3-gen mechanism, which limits killers from defending a specific generator too aggressively. This is not an issue.

• Paternalpark

Your argument was being able to track surivors helps to not have to revert to gensitting but at the same time it facilitates it.

You can now see that another survivor is approaching the last gen and you can leave chase to protect said gen.

• GenmLV10
    GenmLV10 Member Posts: 40

Under normal circumstances, if survivors want to avoid being detected, they naturally move slowly. If survivors don't run, they won't leave any scratch marks. Even if scratch marks are optimized, it won't cause any changes.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,436

Idk if you are out of the loop, but predator no longer does this, in fact it does the opposite, it clumps scratch marks toghether making them harder to see, while yes the perk needs a rework because it is detrimental to use it idk how its related to this change.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,263

Nah, the scratchmark change is alright. - If it turns out to be a "buff", meaning it contributes to killrates rising, then that will get addressed eventually.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,713

It's a buff, absolutely, even if its returning to a prior state, but until we see it in the PTB kind of hard to talk about. It can be anything from a minor adjustment to game altering.

• Predated

Thats exactly what the update will do tho, they will gather scratchmarks more than they used to gather before. I get that the new scratchmarks had a little bit of a spreading issue, and then a lighting issue (not too much tbh, and nothing color blind settings couldnt fix, its a workaround sure, but whatever). But after this update, everyone will play Spirit because of how easy its gonna be to trace.

• Spirit_IsTheBest
    Spirit_IsTheBest Member Posts: 935

Can't wait to run Lightweight and Lightfooted together even more now, I loved the combo before but with the scratch marks update I'm curious how this will go.

Overall the update to the scratch marks though were very needed because they were kind of broken and hard to track for the killers, also this is a Spirit buff, I will be playing her even more because of this!

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,436

With iron will back on the manu I would not care much if people play spirit.

• KatsuhxP
    KatsuhxP Member Posts: 627

And that's how it should be, I don't know any more boring games than games with all survivors hiding. It's just increadible boring to see your gens go down while you search for anyone, besides that I will tunnel more then because it's the only person I find xD

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 967
    edited August 3

in my very limited experience as killed a high amount of scratch marks can also be quite misleading. So I don’t think this is the buff people think it is in that regard.

However, one thing I will say is that version of Gas Heaven he played on was way to light and had no shadows etc. I don’t think that should be affected by a filter.

• Predated

Well, I dont think you realize how good Predator Spirit was to fight against Iron Will. And now there will be a literal line tracing you if she uses it while before it would have looked slightly closer together than the current picture.

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 2,209

The scratch marks have been bugged and getting worse over time, that this is necessary to return to normalcy. I currently wouldn't blame Killers from using these cringeworthy filters in the current version of the game. Once the scratch marks are fixed though, then any recorded gameplay showing these filters is a self report to being a pathetic sweatlord, and should be called out when seen.

That being said, I don't blame anyone with any form of color-blindness from using these, because I have tried the various color-blind options as scratch marks have been getting worse, and they simply aren't enough. Ideally, we will get full custom colors for objectives/auras, so that way we can set our own preference for Gens (instead of White/Red/Yellow only), and Survivors/Killers (instead of only the pinkish aura).

• Prometheus1092
    Prometheus1092 Member Posts: 218

Well tbf I think it's a case of use it or lose it. Most survivors don't even try to hide, they loop and deliberately get killer to chase them around as many loops as they can so others can do gens.

Clearly they are not using stealth in games so it doesn't make that much difference. I think they should encourage stealth and stop the scooby doo loops around a single pallet theme but it is what it is, just have to follow the scratch marks and tunnel them out.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,881

I mean scratch marks have been getting worse and worse over the years especially so when they make map reworks like ormond or cold wind where scratch marks literally can barely be seen or so bright they blend in.

• PatchNoir
    PatchNoir Member Posts: 600

This video make a great gamemode for dbd, Grey and red color is kinda good ngl

• Paternalpark

What am I wrong about? I've played 6 years and have a good idea of how to use my scratch marks to bait the killer or misdirect.

I think it's disingenuous to say this isn't a buff as well as a bug fix. If killers got slowed down near hook and I told you just don't camp how would that go?

• hermitkermit
    hermitkermit Member Posts: 324

The scratchmarks needed to be adjusted. They have been harder to track for a long time now. It's more of a qol update than a buff, but it will help killers track better which will "buff" them so to speak. So I understand your point, but simply put the scratchmarks were never supposed to be as faded and inconsistent as they were, it was a bug. Taking out blights sliding bug was important, even though people considered it a "nerf" as well, but it was a bug that needed fixing. Same thing with the scratch marks.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,492

I think it supposed to be fix. Scratch mark are sometimes inconsistent which is confusing and it can make you lose track of survivor if you can't see him/her. Obviously that should not happen.

This discussion has been closed.