How Does BHVR Handle False Reporting?

Iron_Cutlass
Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,183
edited August 5 in General Discussions

Im not talking about "The Killer tunneled me" or "The Survivor tbagged me" being reported.

Im talking about players intentionally lying about what happens inside and outside of the game and using it to report players for awful things they never actually did; e.g. a streamer reporting a player for "saying (awful things) in their (stream) chat" when that player never did anything.

(No, I did not say awful things to a streamer. Please stop commenting it or trying to message me about it. I just used it as an example since I saw it in a YouTube video where a streamer was intentionally false reporting players and wanted to inquire more about this subject.)

Im sure BHVR has some sort of process for dealing with this, or at least I would hope so, I was just curious on how stuff like this is handled and if anyone has ever dealt with this kind of situation before.

Post edited by Iron_Cutlass on

Comments

• Hunkulese
    Hunkulese Member Posts: 422

It kinda sounds like you went to someone's stream and said some awful things.

Behaviour will never punish you for something you didn't do because they need proof that you did something wrong. It takes more than just someone clicking the report button to get banned.

• Objectively_speaking
    Objectively_speaking Member Posts: 507

If you are not cheating or breaking the rules<mostly endgame chat or exploiting on purpose>, you will be fine even if falsely reported.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,183
    edited August 5

I never did say awful things to a streamer. Instead of jumping to conclusions you could have just asked why this post was made.

I was browsing YouTube and found a video on a streamer that false reports people with the intent of getting them banned; as a result, I got curious and made this post to ask around.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,737

BHVR doesn't police things that happen outside their platform.

Reports don't have much weight if they don't have evidence. So if you report someone for something said in chat, BHVR has a log of the chat that they can check.

• PreorderBonus
    PreorderBonus Member Posts: 250

How Does BHVR Handle False Reporting?

Badly, to no one's surprise. There were numerous reports on Twitter about cheaters using smaller streamers' usernames and blatantly cheating in the game to get reported. Sometimes they even used the same overlay as the streamer they were impersonating. BHVR would then go on to ban these smaller streamers (instead of the actual cheaters), and many of them are still banned to this day.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,487

Which I find very hard to believe btw considering if they get reported in game they would be looking at their player ID, not their name.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,268

They don't care about what happens outside of the game, that's not their territory.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475

Anything that happens outside the game isn't BHVR's problem. You can't get them to punish someone for saying a slur in your stream or on your steam page.