The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I hate the Knight

Besides skull merchant, Knight is one of the most braindead killers you can play. I'm fine with anti loop. The huntress, death slinger and vecna are fine. You know why? Because they actually have to aim and have skill to use powers. The Knight? He gets an AI companion that has a radius which means you don't have to be as accurate and as surv you get detected by running, which is what you're supposed to as surv. I hate him, any match against him is already worse.

Comments

• WolfyWood
    WolfyWood Member Posts: 440

I would agree with all you've said aside from Huntress being skillful.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,849

This might help you a bit but yeah, I understand as Knight is one of my least favourite killers to verse even though I know you can mess with the AI of his guards. Just not fun for me personally

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 915

Knight player has zero control over the guards after they start hunting or chasing the survivor. It's all ai control so yeah it's a skill issue if you can't juke the guards that's almost as dumb as Nemesis zombies.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,339

The guard AI is easy to exploit if you know the weaknesses of them.

• bluesidesoul
    bluesidesoul Member Posts: 39

Obviously it's easy to juke when the knights not around, duh. But now normal Knight places guard and leaves, you got two people to loop now. Don't act as if he doesn't get a free hit out of it most of the time. That's why I hate him. Hold w until he gets a free hit, otherwise you're sandwiched.

• Toystory3Monkey
    Toystory3Monkey Member Posts: 450

Play knight yourself on high mmr to see he isn't that easy.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,810
    edited August 5

High MMR is an extremely small percentage of the player base. The devs keep saying this. You definitely aren’t there. Most players aren’t

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 651

I'm fine with some killers being easier to play than others, and now that the classic 'drop a guard and leave loop' was changed, he does actually take a fair amount of planning ahead and a guard where you don't expect it has changed the outcome of a lot of matches. I definitely wouldn't say he's as easy to play as Legion, and I think they're the number one easy character on the roster. Knight definitely still needs some changes though imo, as he's nowhere near the best designed power in the game.

Also, this thread is getting more than a little derailed by the classic invisible MMR discussion. Part of me does wish there was something akin to a tier system so people could track their bragging rights and these disputes simply wouldn't happen, but I have a distinct feeling people around here and on Twitter would eat each other if those results ever became public. At the end of the day, it's just a game y'all, chill.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,077
    edited August 5

this video showcases some of the most problematic AI pathing designs. Like Assassin is completely useless as a guard against a good player like Ohtofu.

All you can do as knight is use Jailer with dried horse meat and zone survivor into 50/50 vaults where they need vault window to mindgame the guard so you can m1 them.

I really wish they remove the Pallet tech where you drop a pallet and the path around it and the window tech where you hit a corner then vault the window making the guard go around the window. those two tech are really bad for the knight. both cases should lead Assassin at the very least to just go through window or pallet.

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 1,243
  • Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,568

Knight was already nerfed to bottom-tier, if you can't handle him now then it's on you.

• bluesidesoul
    bluesidesoul Member Posts: 39

He should have never been added, so it's not enough 😂