The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Dead By Daylight X Five Nights At Freddy

Comments

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092
    edited August 6

I'm talking about fnaf having its 10 year anniversary this year, so all the big announcements are out. By the time the chapter rolls out, it will likely be fnaf's 11th and, yes will be DBD's 9th

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,045
    edited August 6

Ah ok. "Big announcement" might be an overstatement in my book, but ok.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,374

This is going to be the biggest DBD chapter ever. Its going to be even bigger than the first RE Chapter. I am so freaking excited for this. Summer 2025 can't come soon enough!

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,609
    edited August 6

He definitely will because he still owns the rights, it says at the bottom of the image.

Personally i've always rejected the idea that he is anti-LGBT. Yeah he made those donations to presidents years ago that have anti-LGBT views but he said he did that because he thought they would run his country best overall. He's donated huge amounts to LGBT charities during charity streams and he's worked with LGBT and transgender people on fnaf projects.

If you still think he's anti-LGBT then you are free to not buy any of the content in the game

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Royval
    Royval Member Posts: 489
    edited August 6
  • IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932
    edited August 6

That is exciting news, even if it's still far away. I'm glad they are finally adding FNAF stuff in the game.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 915
    edited August 6

Scott is rather picky when it comes to collaboration with his priorities is keeping the integrity of the characters and story of FNAF faithful to its origin. DBD and SpringTrap are fitting since he is the killer of the series and all the others are victims of SpringTrap.

Think the real debate is what the heck his power going to be and ifwho the survivor will be? Phantom animatronics and maybe an adult version of one of the 2 kids from security breach?

Fortnight I don't ever see happening.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • bleep275
    bleep275 Member Posts: 227

dbd bout to get a surge in players 12 and under. Bout to be the next Fortnite

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 651
    edited August 6

Depends, DBD has a lot of sympathetic killers on the roster and the MCI kids are pretty often depicted as scared animals who kill for often flimsy reasons. One could argue that the movie iteration of the characters being manipulated by Afton would slot in well for the Entity to take over post Springlock.

We're almost certain (and I really hope) to get the game characters, but a similar line of logic could land us with the classic four since they're the most recurring characters in the series. That said, you are right that Springtrap has much less standing in the way for his inclusion, but the devs are known to zig when most people expect them to zag so we'll see.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,817

FNAF is doing a 10th Anniversary week and announcing a bunch of stuff so I assume this was mentioned to go along with that.

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 1,243

They revealed it so early because they wanted to do it on their own terms. Probably getting really tired of everything being leaked, must be exhausting.

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 868

I'm going to wait and see how BHVR responds to this. Maybe something redeeming will come from this situation.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,308

April Fools?

• ObsidianButterfly
    ObsidianButterfly Member Posts: 52
    edited August 5

Imagine if they release it in June.

That would be wild.

• OrangeBear
    edited August 6

Still dont think that makes him anti-LGBT. He did what he thought was best overall when it comes to these things, you cant have a president who is everything you want. He didn't seek to harm LGBT people.

He didn't donate to save face because he consistently donates on charity streams and he's done that for a long time before that incident happened. When that incident did happen he pretty much disappeared from the public internet.

I don't think he deserves the hate he gets at all. I think it's misdirected.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,308
    edited August 6

All good things must come to an end :'(

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,392
    edited August 6

Disappointed tbh. My kids are 9 and 7 and absolutely love FNAF. I'm gonna reserve judgement on the actual content but I really really hope we aren't going to have a bunch of kids coming to the game (we all know the 18+ rating means nothing, alot of parents let their kids play whatever they want. Including FNAF). My kids watch me play DBD all the time, and my 9yo is a huge Stranger Things fan so loves Demo and always asks to play DBD (no way lol).

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 795
    edited August 6

My biggest critique of fnaf is that the series is an all out ASSAULT on my eyeballs.

The idea of an animatronic dead dude seems cool though, dbd will be a good home for people like me who has little interest in the actual games.

A friend sat me down to play the Pizzeria game and I didn't even make it past the pizza stuff my eyes hurt

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • OrangeBear
    edited August 6

I actually had a similar experience with Pizzaeria simulator. Not all the game look like that though, fnaf 1 and 3 look much darker

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness Member Posts: 1,003
    edited August 6

I just hope for Joy of creation themed skins and not just Non withered skins.

The Joy of Creation - ALL Unused Artworks & Animatronic Models (TJOC: Demo Showcase) (youtube.com)

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 836
    edited August 6

I'd struggle to care less about this franchise being added to the game. I know nothing about it and it looks like a game for kids, tbh. I think I was around 29 years old when it came out, so no surprise that it passed me by.

Castlevania is a big deal, but I'm not feeling optimistic about DBD's future licensed content if the likes of Tomb Raider and Five Nights At Freddy's are being added to the game before horror icons like Jason Voorhees or The Terminator.

Oh well, at least it makes some of the things on my borderline not quite horror but kinda horror adjacent wishlist a bit more likely (stuff like Gremlins, Jurassic Park and Ghostbusters).

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,997
    edited August 6

What a bizarre and random time to make this announcement.

Maybe they figure those of us who don't care for the franchise will need about a year to grow numb to the news. Meh.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,392
    edited August 6

Not really. Alot of FNAF fans who don't play DBD will start doing so now that they've seen the announcement. Just the announcement alone will get them more players. Maybe they're hoping they'll pick up and enjoy some of the other killers so the games aren't all just Springtrap once the chapter rolls out. Wishful thinking anyway.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,834
    edited August 6

Considering all of those IPs you just mentioned with the exception of Gremlins was listed in the last 2 license satisfaction surveys, i think it's fair to say that it's only a matter of time before Terminator and Friday ends up in DBD as well, especially Friday given the whole Jason Universe thingy that's happening right now.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,847
    edited August 6

BOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Sad day for DBD imho. But we'll just have to wait and see what it'll look like now. It's either that or quit. Those are the only 2 choices we have as a consumer at this point.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Sngfun
    Sngfun Member Posts: 218
    edited August 6

Even with the lawsuit over they don't have it easy since they have to choose which of the two parties is more convienient of the man himself.

They both have the same problem in common: there hasn't been any content from both franchises officially, so they are slowly and painfuly being forgotten. With the closest being jason in multiversus and terminator with dark fate and his appearance in fortnite, which doesn't exactly paint a pretty picture.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Sngfun
    Sngfun Member Posts: 218
    edited August 6

I mean a passionate indie dev whose dreams came true is much more transparent than the company that hasn't released a movie since literally 2009.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 836
    edited August 6

There's 30+ years worth of Castlevania stuff. As an OG spooky game franchise, I think it's earned a place in DBD.

Even though I'd much prefer the cowboy / punk vampires from Near Dark or The Lost Boys, I'm just glad to see a vampire making it into the fog.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • DredgeyEdgey
    DredgeyEdgey Member Posts: 1,373

Before this thread get rowdy maybe this would help you understand the meats at the end but I recommend the full thing

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,997
    edited August 6

I'm hearing that the announcement was part of FNAF's anniversary. Come to think of it, this isn't much different from what they did with Stranger Things last year, putting all the attention on something else right before dropping the PTB for the next license. With the notable difference of being a full year in advance, that is.

Honestly, I can't say I care one way or another about FNAF, but I'm definitely not looking forward to months of arguing about it. If the current state of the forums are how it's going to be for the foreseeable future, things are looking dire.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • eisenbuns
    eisenbuns Member Posts: 99
    edited August 6

((( this post originally got "eaten" by an error and popped up after the following post. Please ignore this one and delete if necessary )))

Post edited by eisenbuns on
  • eisenbuns
    eisenbuns Member Posts: 99

I wrote out a whole reply to this that got eaten by an error, so I will be more succinct (and apologize if I seem frank).

This video is well-researched but ultimately ends in a bad take because the creator is a fan of the franchise and has an emotional investment. The "net good" of FNAF (providing a fandom for young people to find themselves, apparently?) does not give corporations a free pass to financially enable Scott Cawthon, who will pass on at least a portion of that money to certain politicians. These politicians have pretty exclusively worked to inhibit and harm the LGBTQIA+ community.

BHVR can do whatever they want, but it is a huge slap in the face coming on the heels of things like Light in the Fog and their recent efforts to diversify the game as a whole. FNAF is easy money and it should come as no surprise that they would take the paycheck. But I can't let them do it without calling them out, you know?

Scott has also been extremely quiet about his views/political agenda, and a LOT of people aren't aware of this stinky little secret. I would really love if this thread did get rowdy. BHVR should not get to do this freely.

It also puts Fog Whisperers in a really unfortunate spot. LGBTQIA+ FWs are going to receive the content for free, and have to showcase it on their respective channels. It's a very uncomfortable thing to know that they're going to have to "support" this chapter. BHVR shouldn't put them into this situation in the first place.

• DredgeyEdgey
    edited August 6

Up to you if that's how you see it that's fine.

But I agree with Scott even in the video he shows the timeliness of his funding his first funding was to a dem who didn't act anti lgb. At the time. And when he saw she wasn't gonna win he ent t the next best thing.

Might be me but I feel like you didn't see the full video but maybe you did I can't tell.

Also rip saw the original post that got errored

EEdit The other post just appeared I didn't see the part where you wanted to avoid politics but that's where the problem comes from

• DredgeyEdgey
    edited August 6

It Dose make sense. And like the video says he got stuck between the 2 party's and neither represented well heck I even hated that election but he went with hat he thought as the better person was

Also thanks for being civil it's the reason I'm even responding because I'll just tell people to watch the video and make up their mind