Dead By Daylight X Five Nights At Freddy

Iron_Cutlass
Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,153
edited August 5 in General Discussions

BHVR has confirmed that FNAF is coming in the future.

Link to Twitter post: https://x.com/deadbydaylight/status/1820580582767870187?s=46

(Twitter Embeds are broken so I cannot post in embed link, only a normal link; I have provided a screenshot for those who dont want to click their link.)

Comments

• Akeeno
    Akeeno Member Posts: 88
    edited August 5
  • ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,728
    edited August 6

A whole year in advance to know about it too, huh?

Wonder if it's just skins then? I can't imagine they'd tease a chapter this far in advance.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 649

This is gonna be a big one. Get ready for Freddy!!!

• LinKueiBrony
    LinKueiBrony Member Posts: 15
    edited August 6

Yo that's freaking awesome!

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • SweetbutaPsycho
    SweetbutaPsycho Member Posts: 249
    edited August 6

Its cool that its happening but summer 2025 is sooooooo far away atm. Another year of waiting

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Choaron
    Choaron Member Posts: 310
    edited August 6

I basically know nothing about this franchise but we're finally free from FNAF fans ruining the comment sections so that's already cool in my book.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • SweetbutaPsycho
    SweetbutaPsycho Member Posts: 249
    edited August 6

They probably announced it now cause FNAF has 10 year anniversary event atm, with interviews with scoot cawthon etc. Also Cawthon always loves to do these things and reveals this way

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,728
    edited August 6

I mean, Iron Maiden and Slipknot were teased earlier than their releases too. My only other proof toward this being a chapter is Dracula since he was shown off at the end of the anniversary stream, but a whole year?

Personally I do hope it's a chapter, and I'm not even excited for FNAF content. I mostly want the fans of FNAF to get something and add more to the game than just skins.

@SweetbutaPsycho You do have a point there, too.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,588
    edited August 6

I'm so ######### excited i thought it was gonna be fortnite but they did one better!

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Yggleif
    Yggleif Member Posts: 169
    edited August 6

I am so ready for the chaos this will cause.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • AggressiveFTW
    AggressiveFTW Member Posts: 1,048

The fact they revealed this so early tells me this chapter is going to be awesome!

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,981
    edited August 6

I'm happy for behavior and all of the FNAF lovers.

personally I don't want to see these childish animatronics in a trail but it will surely bring in fans. whatever i guess

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • ArkInk
    edited August 6

And now the debate begins between whether we'll be seeing Freddy and Co as killers or if Springtrap is going to get the slot cause he's the main villain.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,153
    edited August 5

Revealing an IP early can sometimes be a mixed bag.

If the game is in a rough state, they sometimes reveal things early to draw more hype towards the game, like what happened with Sadako Rising, it can definitely work but kills a lot of the hype once the chapter itself releases.

I think the only reason why this was revealed an entire year early might be due to contractual obligations forcing them. The game is doing well because of 2v8, and FNAF is a massive IP, so we are not having a repeat of Sadako here.

• DeBecker
    DeBecker Member Posts: 89

Why would they announce something so far away? They dont even know whats happening next patch LOL

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,210
    edited August 6

Certainly wasn't on my bingo card yet (was going to give the announcement until March, but this works too).

But now I get to watch from the sidelines as a certain few individuals (not listing names for obvious reasons) throw hissy fits for one reason or another, so that's fun.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Ricardo170373
    Ricardo170373 Member Posts: 678
    edited August 6

Now we can say "this game is coming to the end". My God, FNAF. Decadence.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,705

just FYI, Twitter embeds still work if you edit the link and replace x with Twitter.

… which is super funny to think about.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,552
    edited August 6

I guess it's about time. I don't have any complaints. It's more horror than D&D was.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893
    edited August 6

YES YES YES

Also another YES

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • ArkInk
    edited August 6

I'm praying the Tr Theme contains elements of Vanta Black from Sister Location. It'd work perfectly as the ambience for some of the earlier levels.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Chilli_man2400

I’m so hyped I was never expecting to see FNAF being added I can’t contain how happy and excited I am

But I have a little problem why reveal it so early? I wish this was kept a secret until the anniversary so we could all be even more hyped

other than that I’m so happy and excited

• Alen_Starkly
    Alen_Starkly Member Posts: 1,155
    edited August 6

I really, really hope that BHVR gives us a map from one of the 3 original games. They would be so amazing 😍

And yeah, I'm really happy that FNAF is finally coming to DBD! I've been wanting this for so long 😊

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,552
    edited August 6

I'm not sure how you can stretch a pizzeria into a DbD-sized map without being completely silly about it, but I welcome them to try. They could use the mall from Security Breach but that place had very poor atmosphere, in my opinion, so I would prefer not.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,017
    edited August 6

i mean initially it was a bit more kid friendly since we didn’t really know alot about fnaf’s lore when it fnaf 1 released, later on it got less kid friendly the more lore released about it

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,942
    edited August 6

now assuming it’ll borrow from the film the survivor is gonna be a really bad looking josh hutcherson because they couldn’t get his likeness or something

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,038
    edited August 6

They probably dont want the FNAF-Fans to spam that whenever a new Chapter is about to release that the Killer is Springtrap due to some obscure clues. So they just bring it over it so that they dont have to deal with it for another year of releases.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • smokinggosling
    smokinggosling Member Posts: 53

omg i never thought they'd actually do it...im so excited!!! im not as big of a fan of fnaf as i used to be but im so happy rn :'D

• Chaogod
    Chaogod Member Posts: 135

"Now please for the love of god stop spamming us about Fnaf every chapter"

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,942

my inner child is excited for this

I still have a soft spot for fnaf in some ways

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092
    edited August 6

10 year anniversary, fnaf being one of the most requested chapters ever. Maybe a mix of both. Might just be a trend of them showing things early like they did with Castlevania.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Chilli_man2400
    edited August 6

that would have been awesome though imagine BHVR themselves giggling that all these fans are spamming FNAF and they reveal it actually is FNAF and everyone gets hyped about it

I’m excited but I would have been even more hyped if they kept this a secret until the anniversary

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Chilli_man2400
    edited August 6

I’m not a fan of that honestly I liked there old model of not revealing things this early I’d rather them reveal it the day of ptb so we have no clue who it is like a smash brothers reveal

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,038
    edited August 6
    Post edited by Rizzo on
  • KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,374
    edited August 6

LETS FREAKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post edited by Rizzo on