The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why don't the survivors fight back?

Tyler3
Tyler3 Member Posts: 194

I'm sure there is already a well established reason for this, but I can't help but wonder why Lara Croft doesn't just build a makeshift weapon from some sticks, climb up a tree, then pounce down on an unsuspecting Legion walking by. Or why Ada and Leon don't use all of their knife defense skills against Michael.

Why don't the survivors fight?

We know they can, somewhat. They can throw a pallet on the killer, blind them with a flashlight, or burst out of a locker to stun them. But we know they can be more aggressive than that.

I've heard before that if a survivor attempts to build a makeshift weapon, the entity will simply make it disappear. This is not true. Decisive Strike exists. So do flashbangs, blast mines and chemical traps. Why does The Entity allow survivors to get their hands on these weapons?

Another thing, when a survivor uses DS, why don't they just go for the head? It's already strange that The Entity allows the survivor to do this, as it seems to contradict the rules of the Trials, but even stranger that the survivor doing the DS doesn't go for the head or neck and instead the shoulder.

Why are survivors allowed to craft aforementioned flashbangs, blast mines and chem traps? All of these weapons visibly hurt the killer, especially blast mines, which stun them for a good 5 seconds.

My point is, if survivors are allowed to stab the killer with DS, why don't they all sharpen some sticks and attack the killer together? Survivors like Lara are more than capable of doing this.

Even with no weapons, some survivors, like Ada, are masters of martial arts and could easily beat any opponent that comes their way, especially killers without supernatural abilities, like Legion or Trapper.

In short, why don't the survivors, especially the more capable ones, fight back, as there's seemingly no reason why they shouldn't, or couldn't.

Comments