The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Disconnect Penalty

Please consider putting a more lenient limit on the disconnect penalty because 6 hours and above is way too much. Earlier this year I was having crashing issues (since fixed it was faulty ram), and how else am I supposed to test them other than by playing the game. My penalty went up to 48 hours or something it was just miserable because I couldn't figure out what was wrong and I was busy with irl things as well unable to use that little free time.

And now on my current connection. Every once in a while, without actually losing connection it disconnects me, says "Dedicated Server not Responding" and puts a DC penalty on me. It's not my internet spiking or lagging as I'm still completely fine on a discord call for example, but it just kicks me from the server for no reason, and this is the only game where I've experienced this. Currently sitting at a 6 hour penalty for no legitimate reason that's been building up.

At the very least have completed games go against the penalty instead of just resetting on a daily cycle (that only takes away 1 tier for some reason). If someone plays 30 games and disconnects twice that's obviously different than someone playing 4 a day and disconnecting twice so why are they treated the same.

Comments

• bleep275
    bleep275 Member Posts: 227

I think the DC penalty should just be removed.

• CrypticGirl
    CrypticGirl Member Posts: 608

We already know it's not going to be removed, so I do agree that at the very least they should put a cap on it. I'd honestly say an hour is good enough. Who would want to play a game only to get kicked and banned for another hour?

• Archael
    Archael Member Posts: 814

Its weird. Few days ago I was disconnected from the server without a reason since my internet was ok, and I had no penalties.

Also. I had few connection issues because my pc was loosing contact with usb WiFi adapter and instead testing this in game I was using other methods to NOT be kicking from server and thus, even tho i had internet connection problems, I had no DC penalties.

I think DC penalties are ok. If one have hardware issues, those have to be resolved. Rare ocations with RL situations that needs our attention are not penalised, and if one assume such situations, should not start the game.

I see no reasons to abandon matches for free. If one don't want to play, then don't play and allow others to play.

• Khastrx
    Khastrx Member Posts: 125

I'm pretty sure "Dedicated Server not responding" does not give a DC penalty, at least there have been times when the exact same thing has happened to me and I didn't not receive a penalty afterwards. OP kindly just stop playing the game till you find an actual solution, 6 hours penalty is very serious and you've disrupted multiple games for your matched teammates.

• TripleStryke
    TripleStryke Member Posts: 105

I play killer mostly, the match just ends lmfao and they get a reward. It also 100% says dedicated server not responding which is why it's so weird bc my internet is working fine it just disconnects me from the server. The server is not actually crashing, but its not saying that there's a network connection problem. Either way in a couple weeks I'm going back to my college where this doesn't happen.

It's also not like this has been over a couple days, it's been building over the past couple weeks where just once or twice a day it will randomly disconnect me.

• Archael
    Archael Member Posts: 814

It's also not like this has been over a couple days, it's been building over the past couple weeks where just once or twice a day it will randomly disconnect me.

Im pretty sure that random events in few weeks would not adds up to 6h.
    But i dont know when DC penalty resets, someone could explain that

• ahrenisabimbo
    ahrenisabimbo Member Posts: 34

Survivors already DC every other game, not having a penalty would just make DBD 60% bots tbqh

• TripleStryke
    TripleStryke Member Posts: 105

it loses 1 tier per day so if it happens on average like 1.5 times per day it will still go up

• DPYROAXIS
    DPYROAXIS Member Posts: 15

Dedicated server not responding usually kicks everyone from the game, I have found this out from the bugged tome 2 dead hard challenge.

• alpha5
    alpha5 Member Posts: 293

crashing issues… and how else am I supposed to test them other than by playing the game

You use benchmark/stresstest tools to selectively test your components.

As for your current issue: Is that disconnect happening at the same time every day? If so that could be the 24h disconnect on your router. Reset it at a more convenient time.