The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Ghostface Reveal too sensitive after Lara Croft update; Unknown Staredown may also be affected.

I am not sure what changed, but I've noticed Ghostface is getting revealed through solid objects and walls again since the Lara Croft update. I have heard of my friends who play Unknown also finding the staredown mechanic working through walls they shouldn't, too. This appears on a variety of maps and I am unsure why. It could be related to ping, map collision, or a disconnect in timing between the Killer and Survivor looking at them. In some cases it doesn't reveal looking dead on, either, and this started happening since the Lara Chapter, too. This was not an issue before that chapter.

Perhaps it's time to give this mechanic a health check and rework it to be more fair?

1 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, we are forwarding this to the team for their review.

Comments

• rated3m
    rated3m Member Posts: 3

there is an issue as well with bots being able to reveal ghostface through ANYTHING (like you're on helicopter side of RPD and the bot is getting unhooked over on library side and you're revealed), so i wonder if there's a correlation between the two.

• VantablackPharaoh91
    VantablackPharaoh91 Member Posts: 580

I noticed that in customs, I played a round with some friends a few days back. I was on Hawkins and we had two BillBots. The Bills could somehow reveal me through solid walls, behind obstacles I was crouched behind, and from way too far away in the upper part of the map by the gen despite me being on the bottom floor near basement. That shouldn't have happened.

• da703337
    da703337 Member Posts: 7

I’ve also noticed that revealing never works for me until Ghostface is too close to do anything about, and that bots can sometimes reveal you while facing away during a chase.

• VantablackPharaoh91
    VantablackPharaoh91 Member Posts: 580

They have it Under Review at least. I hope this means we'll finally, finally see Ghostface and Unknown get the reworked Reveal/Staredown mechanic in a way that is fair for everyone and much less punishing for both. :)