The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Slugging for the 4k

When the killer slugs for the 4k, I roll my eyes. I then proceed to crawl into a corner or as far away from the slug point so they waste more time trying to find me. You need it so bad? Work harder for it. Plus it gives me a little side quest so I'm not bored out of my mind. We both would have been on to next match if you killed me already. I'm petty

Comments

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477

This absolutely is not a reason it should get reworked because people are just going for longer games by themselves, let them have fun they wished for

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,278

That's where I'm at. If I already SEE the last guy, I don't wanna lose track of him while I'm hooking his teammate. Otherwise though... I'll hook and hope for the best.

• Neaxolotl

I mean, not weird people don't do things that they do not enjoy, especially in games

So it's quite clear people are having fun in this kind of situation as long as they aren't afk, there is no reason to take away those fun things from the game

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,492

Nah it's just to waste time and if they bleedout you didn't get them.

• KatsuhxP
    KatsuhxP Member Posts: 627

I never really do it, but I'd just bleed you out and watch youtube while waiting if I don't find you, so maybe not the best option if he didn't bleed someone out before and he'd maybe pick you up xD

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,655

I just want the option to bleed out faster for these situations.

• Neaxolotl
    edited August 7

Aren't they having fun in wasting killer's time and accomplishment of "stay hidden for the entire bleedout" tho

• VantablackPharaoh91
    VantablackPharaoh91 Member Posts: 584

Honestly I really do not care if the Killer slugs me for the 4k or not, I tab out and watch Youtube or something. I DO care when they slug me and I am the last person, and they force me to bleed out for the entire endgame collapse or 4 minutes, like a really toxic Doctor did to me during Blood Moon.

I personally don't care enough to do this as Killer, and assume Killers that do it are new and still care that hard about winning in a game fundamentally not about dominating your opponent so hard. But sadly, that's what you get when you make Killer wincons based around kills, not around hooking, and you push the idea that you need to 4k every round all the time, as the current system does.

In other words, if you're upset about Killers slugging for the 4k and behaving this way… well, blame BHVR. They're the one making "Kill them All" challenges, achievements, and subtly encouraging this by stating that 1-2k isn't enough to pip in higher Grades. This is why I think Grades overall just really need a rework, or to be removed entirely, or made so easy to pip up in that even if you 0k/Get Sacrificed early, it doesn't matter. Nobody even cares about Grades anymore.

• Neaxolotl

Agree to disagree then, both of fun and revenge is same thing in my eyes, people generally do those because those things are best choice for them

• Paternalpark
    Paternalpark Member Posts: 626

Little do you know, I'm running Deerstalker.

• Royval
    Royval Member Posts: 489

none would be possible if they just deleted the pity trap door

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,847

When you are slugged then it is your right to crawl wherever you want but from my perspective, doesn't it make more sense to get the game over with so you can start the next one? You aren't just wasting the killer's time, you are wasting your own. If I'm playing killer and I can't find the survivor in a reasonable amount of time cause they are slugged then I'll just afk to use the bathroom, get a snack, watch a YouTube video or whatever. I don't really think of it as a "punishment". Btw, I don't generally slug for the 4k but if there are only 2 survivors left and I catch them together then yes, I'll slug one and hunt the last player. That just makes sense. But if you want to "punish" me for that then that's your prerogative I suppose.

• bluesidesoul
    bluesidesoul Member Posts: 41

Took this a little personal I see. Sorry I wanna get a few more points to stay in match longer because the killer didn't want to go ahead and kill me so I could already be in another match.

• Prometheus1092
    Prometheus1092 Member Posts: 218

Not personal at all lol, if you want to deliberately crawl away with the intention to delay the end of the game out of spite then I'm just saying go ahead because while your doing that the killer gets a chance to get extra points for smashing pallets and looking to close the hatch. so if you want to do that to feel like you got payback in someway then have at it, whatever works for you 😁

• 1_TDSDarthWage
    1_TDSDarthWage Member Posts: 75

You do know some killers in the game by design excel from slugging right?

Freddy: How do you keep everyone asleep and slow the game down? Slug.

Hooking survivors wakes them up. So, by design Freddy gets punished for doing his objective as the killer.

Singularity: How do you spread Slipstream without any add on? Slug.

Hooking survivors pops the slipstream on survivors back for hooking them.

Dredge: How do you keep people injured and speed up Nightfall? Slug.

Don't get mad at us for how we play you should be rolling your eyes at how the killers are being designed that makes us play this way. Everyone don't slug to be toxic, some of us play this way because we get punished just for doing our objective.

• elpumpkinttv
    elpumpkinttv Member Posts: 10
    edited August 8

I think survivors should be allowed to kill themselves if slugged for too long. Let's say that the killer slugs you for 4 minutes, right? So I think after let's say 90 seconds you should be allowed to #########. And if no one has unbreakable or they already used it and everyone is currently beeing slugged they should be allowed to bleed out instantly. It's boring for survivors to be slugged for 4 minutes. It's boring for the killer to have to wait until everyone dies…less people would dc as well. And it doesn't hurt anyone. You are gonna die anyway. Just this way you can die faster and it's less frustrating for everyone. And 90 seconds is a lot of time for busy survivors to pick you up that to be honest if no one picks you up even in 60 seconds they are already demonstrating to be incompetent and you shouldn't be forced to keep playing. Unless they don't pick you up because the killer is on top if you and they don't wanna end up like you in the ground. In that case we'll you should still have the option to choose if you wanna die as you have it in the hook

• Rumplestiltskin
    Rumplestiltskin Member Posts: 138

I always slug for the 4K when it is down to two people. Survivors get their big bonus just for escaping as individuals. The Killer only gets it if he kills ALL four. Why don't we change that big bonus at the end to Survivors only getting it if all four escape? ;)

• elpumpkinttv
    elpumpkinttv Member Posts: 10
    edited August 8

Well it's easier for the killer to kill one or 2 survivors at least than it is for all survivors to escape. From the other hand as a survivor chances are that you might die but someone else escapes. Plus I don't think anyone slugs for the blood points bonus. They never did, especially nowadays where blood points are so easy to gain. Killers slug just to kill everyone, not for blood points. And even in the past when blood points where more difficult to gain most killers would run bbq and actually hook people. I think killers just slug for the 4k just to kill everyone and that's it

• bluesidesoul

'm

But not the killer who's desperate for a 4k. Ok buddy. Sorry I wanna get a few extra points since I'm denied the option to already be in another match getting even more. Survs get points from being alive longer.

• bluesidesoul

I'm only on the ground because the killer wants me to be. That's the funny part.

• bluesidesoul

I'm only on the ground because the killer wants me to be. That's the funny part. If they gave me an option to bleed out faster, I'd be so happy.

• bluesidesoul

Add an option for me to self kill myself and the killer can get points faster. Problem solved. I get to leave a miserable round and they get their precious 4k. Win-win

• IIITweedleIII
    IIITweedleIII Member Posts: 934

It honestly needs to be this:

Slugged to Death = no BP

Suicide Attempt on both Stages = no BP

Hatch = no BP

Why? You might ask, because both are not the respective Objectives of Killers and Survivors

Main objective is Sacrifices on hook for the Entity by Killer.

Main objective is to Power Up Gates by 5 Generators to Escape by Survivor.

Slugging to death is not a win

Hatch escapes is not a win

And you both sides all should feel bad for believing they are a win.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,427
    edited August 9

I don't think BHVR are doing anything about killers bleeding people out for 4 minutes for no reason any time soon. Or survivors gate waiting. I know you can push them out but I wouldn't mind being able to just end the game and give up instead of being forced to walk across the map to push survivors out. Waste of time and not fun to have to do.

There's lots and lots of ways they could make this game less frustrating, but I don't think it's a priority at this point. Tab out, take a quick breather and come back some minutes later. I'd love for these things to be quicker and snappier but I don't think it's ever gonna happen, sadly.

Look, when I'm one of the last 2 survivors, I don't mind just instantly being sacrificed after going down. Or just being able to give up to the entity if you're the last survivor. As killer, I wouldn't mind being able to just give the last survivor an instant escape after 3 players are dead, I don't care about 4ks or escapes, I just wanna play.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,263

I just look at it this way: If anything it's really telling when it comes to the qualities the player behind the killer is lacking. To me they're exactly like that kid who feels the need to kick the guy already on the ground. Usually I pity them - cause in what sorry state of mind do you have to be for that - sometimes I'm just kinda disgusted. And sometimes I'm both.

• Neaxolotl

I think you should understand game system a lot more when you make assumption of other peoples, you seems to be making ridiculous assumptions based on extremely biased point of view

Necessity for 4k is a design flaw and nothing else

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,593

If you think slugging for the 4k is bad, in 2v8 I had multiple killer duos slugging TWO ppl and trying to find the third one to secure their 8k. THAT is obnoxious!

• Rumplestiltskin

I know, right? How dare they try to fulfill their objective 100%. Don't they know they are supposed to let some of you go? ;)

• bluesidesoul

I hope every survivor you slug always gets hatch and that every match is a 4 out. This is insane. In a non competitive mode that's supposed to be fun, still survivors can't escape killers that need "8ks" as if their whole family will die if they don't.

• Rumplestiltskin
    edited August 9

Ok, let's consider carefully what you just said. It brings up questions such as, why do you think any format of this game is non-competitive? It is a 4v1 or 8v2, where one side is supposed to try and escape, and the other is supposed to kill them all. That is the entire game in a nutshell. It doesn't have a non-competitive mode. While some matches happen now and then where the Killer and Survivors decide to farm, that is a mutual choice and not really by design. Next, fun is what you make it. You get out of a game, exactly what you bring into it. If you have decided you can't have fun if the other side is going to bring "maximum effort" as Deadpool would say, it your mindset that is getting in your way.

Your fun should never be predicated on the outcome of the match. Your fun should come from the journey, regardless of the destination. If you don't enjoy the process, then you might have to consider your choice to be in that match in the first place? They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result. Do you catch my meaning? There is no Survivor's Rulebook for Killers. You have no authority or entitlement to tell other people how they should be playing. You have the right, of course, to complain and try to shame others all you want. Is that really the way you want us to see you?

Post edited by Rumplestiltskin on
  • Jim_Tonic
    Jim_Tonic Member Posts: 513

Lets increase gate opening time to another 30 seconds, as right now, when the gens are going to fast, the killer has no chance to keep up. As there is 4 survivors and only 1 killer.

You want to escape that badly? work harder for it.

• Jim_Tonic
    Jim_Tonic Member Posts: 513

OR remove hatch. That would also make slugging for 4k unneccessary. You would be never slugged for the 4k again if hatch wasnt there. sounds good right?

• Rumplestiltskin

This is factually correct, even if humor was your primary goal. A Killer who wants to try and earn the big BP bonus for no one getting out, slugs because stopping to put someone on the hook gives the other Survivor a great chance at finding the hatch. They can use that time to move off, hide and begin the search. The hatch is open and it become a coin toss at best for the Killer. Thus, it makes sense tactically to leave the 2nd to last on the ground and hunt down the other Survivor first.

If the Hatch were removed (and many used to suggest this loudly) they would have to have the End Game Collapse start as soon as there was only one Survivor left in the match (rather than closing the hatch). This would mean who has the advantage, Killer or Survivor would depend entirely on how closely the Gates are situated from one another and whether or not there are Perks selected which help in the end game.

• Paternalpark
    Paternalpark Member Posts: 626

Pity? Idk, if that's the case then endgame collapse shouldn't eliminate afc, basekit borrowed time and ds and otr can activate.

Seeing as that's a "pity" mechanic.