Corrective action: Just Make it work on yourself...

TheRealChessBoy
TheRealChessBoy Member Posts: 24
edited August 5 in Feedback and Suggestions

Corrective action. The most useless perk in the entire game. If this perk makes your own failed skillchecks into good skillchecks, it actually might be ok. That way it can counter overcharge, merciless storm and can help you in hyperfocus builds. It might actually be a fun perk to run in many skillcheck builds that require great skillchecks, as it will eliminate the high punishment of missing a skillcheck. Would 100% run it if it works on yourself.

Comments

• Tits
    Tits Member Posts: 224

I got use out of it because my friend that was new to the game sucked at skill checks. I suppose its still usefull if you are on a gen with someone and the killer has the sadako perk. If it was used on yourself youd never miss a skillcheck again

• TheRealChessBoy

That's the point, never miss a skillcheck. If you just go for good skillchecks you wont miss anyways. This perk would be really good to counter skillcheck doc for example if it works on yourself.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,200

I don't think they'd do that since Technician exists (which sucks, both of those perks are terrible). They don't want the perk to replace it.

What they need to do, with this in mind, is make it apply to any Survivor within 16m of you (so you aren't forced to be doing a co-op action, Survivors healing you would be protected by the perk for example), and allow it to apply to special skill checks, like Oppression, Merciless Storm.

That way it'd be able to activate more, and you wouldn't have to deal with randoms failing skill checks while healing you (which is a lot more common to see than I'd hope).

Technician should also have it's penalty reduced. It should reduce the amount of progress lost when missing a skill check, not increase it.

• Khastrx
    Khastrx Member Posts: 125

To be honest the perk should just get a total rework like Tinkerer. The current Corrective Action can be a universal perk for everyone, and then a new one with a different effect is given to Jonah. I'd really like something that plays in to this genius, perhaps he can predict the location of a skill check before it appears.

• TheRealChessBoy

Technician should make your repairs silent or smtg so it serves a different purpose to corrective action.