2v8 Extended by a Week

Goody! Now I that I'm back from holiday, I can actually try the killer side as well!

Comments

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,508

Yep! Glad to see it.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,577
  • caipt
    caipt Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 590

YES! My laptop broke and its been in the shop since the event started, I get it back this friday so now I can play 2v8! thx bhvr <3 <3 <3

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,868

I don’t like that killers are tunneling and camping (proxy) in the mode now but I still find it kind of fun. I hope they up the blood point incentive back to 400% though.

• BurnedTerrormisu
    BurnedTerrormisu Member Posts: 93

Can we have 400% back please?

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

It's more fun than being tunneled/camped in regular mode. In 2vs8 you can have good/fun chases a lot. I have been looping killers lot more in it than in regular mode. I wish you could do pallet/flash saves and dh/variety but it's jut otherwise way more enjoyable than 1vs4 and in future it will be lot more variable.

• Orionbash
    Orionbash Member Posts: 765

Thank you BHVR!! I love 2v8. I

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,178

Maybe it's just my MMR luck but I never have any real issues with being tunneled/camped in regular mode (it certainly happens but like…1 in 10 games kind of thing).

Again going back to maybe just my MMR luck but also the killers I'm running into in 2v8 mode are…really….REALLY bad. I run the dude who does gens faster because no one seems to want to do gens in that mode and I've run a single killer literal minutes just chaining loops and pallets as there are so many of them and these killers fall for the most basic 101 Mindgame plays.

I've basically just stopped playing the game at this point. I try to trash my daily each day to see if I can get a survivor daily but otherwise just don't have it in me to sit there for 5+ minutes waiting for a match. Maybe I'm just spoiled but I don't want to sit there for 5+ minutes waiting to play.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

Well now ill probably play it so I can finish the tome

• GolbezGarlandGabrant
    GolbezGarlandGabrant Member Posts: 979

Too bad the mode is oversaturated with Huntress+Trapper/Wraith as Hillbilly and Nurse are of higher skill so no one really plays those two.

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,688

Just give survivors in-game voice chat, with a list of languages they want to participate in.

That’s it. Give survivors something major, that the base game doesn’t have, to encourage them to queue as survivor.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

As soon I tried 1vs4 I was tunneled and team didn't touch gens. Then gave another chance and was camped by tombstone myers only played 1vs4 as I know there was going to be 500% bp incentive (almost everyone bring cakes) but was not enough to keep me playing after that.

SoloQ is just unplayable in 1vs4 and that I learned from 2vs8 where my teammates at least try and do gens. 2vs8 is more fairly balanced for solo so I been escaping much more than in regular. If match is bad you can at least get quickly out but like im fine not escaping 100% of the time would be too easy.

So you didn't find minutes chase fun my teams has always completed all gens when im chased that long. Skill level of killers changes a lot there are many good ones too. I at least have fun looping killers. What I understand most survivors like to go agains't m1 killers and loop them and that you can do in 2vs8.

5 minutes waiting time is fine i say over 10 minutes is too long. If you can't wait 5 minutes yeah you have been spoiled. But like im fine to wait for 2vs8. In future survivor side need some new things.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,904

I'd be more enthusiastic if it wasn't affecting the regular mode queue times.

2v8 was fun for a week but with the long killer queues, and facing Huntress in 95% of the survivor games, it got old for me.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

Ironically in a way 2v8 is MORE balanced than the 1v4. I have personally not played the game in over 2 years. Just got back, just for the 2v8, not planning on touching 1v4. But when I last played 1v4 it was the same story in solo, survivors not touching gens. And based on what I seen on YouTube they seems to have nerfed survivors even more so. But non the less the 2v8 is more balanced in a way since everyone is at a even playing field. As survivor you don't have to worry about NOED, or ruin, or perks like that. And as killer players don't have to worry about survivors running the exhausted perks. Such as dead hard or DS. And not having to worry about flashlights, or pallets. And it's actually hard to get camped or tunneled in this mode.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,767

When I play Nurse I get flack for being decent at her it's truly a lose lose here 😔😔

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 2,007

So much for 2v8 being a flop…

I'm really glad for the extension, before I was bummed that I wasn't going to get another chance to play because of the PTB. Now I can look forward to playing a little bit more once I switch back to live instead of just taking a break until the next chapter drops.

• Prometheus1092
    Prometheus1092 Member Posts: 258

Was hoping to get back to normal killings. but at least I can get a few survivor tomes done I suppose... After they are done then I just have to wait until 2 v 8 is over

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 852

I'm so excited, let's frickin GOOOOOO!!!

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

While 2v8 is awesome and I played it a lot, I was kinda hoping to get normal que times in 1v4 but I quess thats not gona happen.

• HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 619

I'm happy for everyone who is still enjoying the mode and in my opinion this mode is very good and well thought out. I am also happy that many players enjoy the mode because it is fun to play and I hope the developers will improve it in a good direction for the next time. But I am kinda sad that we have another week of long killer queue time, awkward matchmaking, and no bonus BP in 1v4 :/

• Choaron
    Choaron Member Posts: 325

Yuck. Bad decision.

• Cadpig
    Cadpig Member Posts: 47
    edited August 8

I've been singing 2v8's praises wherever I could, but even I'm disappointed in this. I was hoping to see normal queues for awhile until 2v8 could come back with an expanded roster and a better solution to the queues (even if it's just bots). I guess I can get a little time in Fragment Frenzy out of this now at least. Maybe if this came with a new Event Tome page shaped like a "v" (to finish 2v8) I'd be more excited. :P

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,202

Maybe they loosened up the MMR or something because I'm not seeing long wait times in 1v4 that others are talking about. I mainly SWF these days and our queues are a few minutes at most.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932
    edited August 8

Very disappointed that 2v8 has been extended. Oh well, I'll just keep playing other games until it ends.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,737

queue times and everything else is fine but please, don't ever alter normal q incentives or anything else to force players into playing game modes in the future. i don't like it one bit

• rysm
    rysm Member Posts: 258

I kinda agree with this tbh. Like the 400% incentive was the only reason I played the 2v8 mode lol. I wanted the BP not the 2v8 experience. So it kinda manipulated the "play rates" of the mode, which was maybe not the intention but that's whats happened. I'm gonna play other things until it's gone. I don't wanna wait for the longer queues. I want to chill with a game after work not play lobby simulator lol

• redglyph
    redglyph Member Posts: 34

Who told you to extend it?

I told you to finish quickly

The fun thing about dbd is the large number of maps, the large number of killers, and the large number of parks.

This mode has limited maps, killers, and no perks.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,871

I'm honestly not happy about this. But it is what it is. I'll just take the week off DBD.

• VantablackPharaoh91
    VantablackPharaoh91 Member Posts: 580

I agree and think they will be sorely disappointed next time they bring this back. The data was skewed from the get go because they bribed Survivors with 400% BP. The second that was gone, many Survivors left and so the Killer queue times are still quite bad.