The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is support not responding to anyone else?

EvilEaster
EvilEaster Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

I've made a ticket a while ago, I got a response 4 days later asking for more information, so I provided said information a few hours later, and then I didn't get another reply after.

Fast forward to 7 days ago (AUG 6th) I requested another ticket, and I still have gotten no response, just wondering if its the case for everyone or just me

Answers

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,664

When you open a new ticket, you get sent back into the queue, it's better to simply wait for a reply.

• wsm10
    wsm10 Member Posts: 28

I've got an even better one for you. I sent in a player report; someone was nonstop hitting on hook to everyone, was also doing the sexual assault thing to everyone on the ground as well. A real gem of a human being. I recorded all of this, and sent it in. I got a report a few days later that stated camping isn't a punishable offense. Nowhere did I say anything about camping, but that's how it was dealt with. It's good to know that the people who just want to play a normal game without the nonsense some people do can't even expect this company to make that possible, because they obviously don't care or can't be bothered to truly look at what is sent to them. Be lucky you got any response at all that was coherent to what your message was.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,897

Unfortunately, nothing that you listed is considered to be reportable so no action could be taken in this instance.

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 2,088

First of all, Hitting on hook isn't reportable. Second of all. There is no such thing as "sexual assault" in this game as there is no design for it by any means. 3rd of all its an online game. Toxic behaviour goes both ways. It sucks, sure, but you gotta just move on and not take it personal.

• wsm10

So, going out of your way to be a complete jerk, with no interest in playing a real game, isn't punishable? That was the goal 100%, and that's OK? For future reference, what exactly counts as "griefing," I'm genuinely asking so I know down the line? Would appreciate an explanation.

• wsm10
    edited August 13

"Because there's no design for it??" That's an... interesting explanation I've never heard before. And I understand it's an online game. Doesn't mean anyone should have to deal with it, or not try to make it better. That's why things are where they are with online gaming in general. I don't ever take it personal, per se, but I think it's a little obtuse to chalk it up to bad people do bad things, just deal with it & move on."

Edit: I don't understand how someone hitting a player on hook 7-10 times every hook isn't a perfect definition of griefing, considering it does nothing to further the game & the player knows it. Excessive is an understatement.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,811

I’d like to know too. In the report section of the game it looks like only survivors are capable of griefing.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,480
    edited August 13

Here you go straight from their rules, as can be seen what you are describing doesn't count as griefing, you would have to be targeted multiple times over multiple games by the same killer. End of discussion

Edit: Also slugging isn't reportable/bannable

• MechWarrior3

Walking on a slugged body isn't "Sexual Assault" that's completely made up and delusional. DBD does try to make it better but there also isn't much that can be done but that doesn't mean that don't do anything. That's like me reporting every survivor I see because they are teabag spamming me. Its the same with hitting on hook. There wouldnt be any players left. You view it as toxic. They are viewing it as just having fun. At the end of the day, its not hurting you physical. Its just hurting you emotional or otherwise you wouldn't be this in depth about it. So yes, move on or go play an offline game. This will always be apart of online games.

• wsm10

And that's exactly what they did. And they tried holding the game hostage on the last person in the game. And I never said anything about slugging.

I've read the rules, and it's pretty black & white what they did and what was going on.

• TheArbiter

You can't hold the game hostage if there is one survivor left since hatch spawns, you complained about them moving ontop of slugged bodies, which once again isn't reportable

• WhoSoup
    WhoSoup Member Posts: 172

I think BHVR should reconsider their stance on this being a punishable offense. We shouldn't have to play games with people like that.

• wsm10

Pretty sure you just want to argue and not really have a conversation in good faith, so the last thing I'll say to you is that you 100% can hold it hostage by downing them, refusing to hook for a while, which they did. They didn't close hatch, so however long they wanted to keep them in-game while downed, until they picked up just to hit on hook excessively, they did. Pretty sure that's holding the game hostage. And again, you're making something up that I never said about slugging. Regardless, best of luck playing, hope everything goes well.

• TheArbiter

I'm explaining the game rules to you lmao, if you have a problem with the rules take it up with bhvr. Once again, a slugged person has a bleedout timer that is not holding the game hostage

• wsm10

Again, that seems like a pretty ludicrous answer, but if that's how you feel I know your entitled to do so. Bottom line is everyone knows exactly what's being done when they do that, and it's pretty pathetic & disrespectful.

I expect better from people, no matter what I'm doing, so I'll continue to advocate for better while some people settle for whatever there is. I guess in that respect, it is personal. People show who they truly are in everything they do, especially anonymous online modes, and it's concerning when someone only finds happiness in going out of their way to be miserable to others. If hitting on hook, imitating sexual assault and being an obnoxious jerk to everyone else is how they find happiness, that's obviously not healthy & shouldn't be encouraged.

Also although it's ridiculously stupid to do, the whole teabagging nonsense is easy to handle by the killer. Push people out the gate or catch them while in chase. Not even comparable to not having any out without penalty from a bm'ing/toxic killer. Again, your entitled to believe whatever you'd like. Hope your matches are good.

• MechWarrior3