The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

154 Days VS 40 Days

Chocolate_Cosmos
Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,736
edited August 14 in Feedback and Suggestions

154 Days since Uknown got skin in store (realese DLC day). Got anniversary Tome skin.

40 Days since Sable got skin in store (+ also one in April). She also has new in current Tome.

Can Unknown please get something? Why did Skull Merchant, Sable, Knight, Trickster, etc. got all skins pretty much every major patch and yet Unknown gets nothing (outside of free skin for event) in store. Sable in meantime gets two new skins. She allready has two more skins than him but they are from same patch and day.

The bias is obvious here. It's sad. Unknown has so many cool things you can put on it since its litteraly like Dredge unknown entity that looks humanoid kinda and you can dress him however you want. Wasted potential.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 916

Freddy: Am I joke to you?!

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,736

But Freddy is licensed character and there is probably some problem with the license itself otherwise we would get at least one skin allready. Unknown is free to make skins as many as they want.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,403

Yh it sucks, im still playing with the standard skin, bc there is nothing i like better. (Standard is like 7/10 for me, so not bad)

Maybe there will be one from the artist competition, bc you could do a lot of creative things with Unknown, but dont know if artists are interested in this killer.

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 916

Know that. They need to go through the hassle for an agreement of the license holder to make a skin. Just Freddy still today the only killer in the game that doesn't have even 1 cosmetic.

• Yggleif
    Yggleif Member Posts: 170

Killers get less cosmetics in general because you don't see them in game as much and SM and Trickster get more skins cuz well....look at them.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,480

I blame this on the fact that they recently switched to have the rift not include the new killer

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,997

It's not really bias. Killers with weird models often take a long time to get skins. Singularity dropped in the middle of 2023 didn't get a post-release store skin until the beginning of this year. Knight still doesn't have that many skins, and two of his are fairly recent. Besides, Unknown launching with green rarity skins means he already had a better start than either of those two. Hardly neglected when you look at how they treat many other killers.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,811

I wonder if the controversy with its skins also has something to do with it.

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 1,243

In case you haven’t noticed it, there is a clear bias towards survivors for cosmetics. Elodie and Felix have more outfits than Huntress despite her being in the game for 3 years longer than them.

So of course the survivor will get more cosmetics than there killer counterparts

• WolfyWood
    WolfyWood Member Posts: 444

Nice try but Huntress is literally the Feng of the killer roster and consistently receives more skins than most other killers and was not only featured in one of DBD's only spinoff games but had a skin brought over from said spinoff.

• Bookern
    Bookern Member Posts: 159

i would not be surprised that controversy got talked about in mainstream and mainstream media got alot of people talking bad about the game especially since the VA made a statement she was tricked. Would not be surprised if devs no longer give female presenting skins to the unknown or hire a Trans VA

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,196

There are a hell of a lot more Sable players than Unknown. It's no wonder they create more skins for her than the killer. That's not bias, that's a smart and shrewd business decision.

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 795

There was no controversy that was an orchestrated movement by disingenuous, bad faith actors

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 1,243

Welp that's a bold faced lie. LEGION HAS 32 OUTFITS. Huntress has 21. Spirit has 24. Wraith has 22. Trapper has 21. Oni has 22. Trickster has 22. Doctor has 25. Nurse has 24.

Such a weird thing to lie about. Anyways of course I proved you're dead wrong just by looking at the store LMAO! And this had nothing to do with killer vs killer cosmetics so stop with the straw man please. This was specifically killer vs survivor cosmetics and of course I am right about that as well because Elodie and Felix have more despite being 3 years newer.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,150

This.

This was also the reason I never bought any skins as a killer main. If I can't enjoy my purchase, why should waste the money.

The only game I ever actively bought skin was lol because I get to see the changed effects (Btw, 154 days? Ornn mains had to wait over 3 years for a new skin. Meanwhile the poster childs like lux and Ahri get multiple skins per year.)).

The only first person game where I got skins was R6S and that only because of the currency that came with the season pass.

• pa4n
    pa4n Member Posts: 50

I would be happy to see an unknown skin :) So far i only like the broken bottle

• LoneWolf0927
    LoneWolf0927 Member Posts: 1

I wonder if it has anything to do with the VA controversy where they wanted reparations for it... Maybe something internally is keeping them for making any more skins based on that fact? That's literally my only guess, cause Unknown has so many possibilities and isn't a franchise, they have full control over this, unlike Freddy...

Sad, Sad indeed that he gets nothing... So much potential is lost... We can only hope

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,889

Not to mention, Singu got some.pretty badass skins when they did arrive.

I think there is more creative challenge for the more unusual killers. Like Skull Merchant is relatively normal, so it's quite easy for her, make a cool looking outfit, bit of a creepy mask, job done.

Trying to build a whole new thematic body from the ground up on Singu that looks cool/people will wanna buy? Bit more of a challenge.

Unknown has a very strange look, that is more difficult to create something unique and interesting for. There are plenty of ideas of victims bodies you can never exhaust, but how much variety does it really offer? You can't easily do something creative like Pig suit Hillbilly, Jack o Lanturn Trapper, Babayaga Huntress. Frostbite/Burned Unknown might be cool now I think of it 🤔

Though ofc, not to mention there were those trying to cancel Unknown because a few morons were targeting and trolling trans streamers with that skin combination... while I sit in the camp of "giving attention to those idiots is what they want, just ignore them", BHVR also have to be mindful of that.