Dark Devotion/Totems

Marvel
Marvel Member Posts: 149

First of all great job on the new totems locations. They are a lot harder to spot now!^^/

So when or how is dark devotion to be used? The perk does not seem very useful even if I hit the obsession. I know it reduces my terror radius to 0 which is great but it's "only" for 20 seconds.

What are your thoughts? Am I undervalueing the power of Dark Devotion? I really like the name of the perk :o)

Comments

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

I would love it to be activateable tbh but that could be too much.

Killers don't like playing with situational perks and in order for this perk to be useful, killers should have control over the perk.

For example, if you hook the obsession, you gain a token and whenever you think it is going to be useful (be it a sneak attack or to prevent borrowed time save), you activate the perk and transfer your terror radius.

As it is, it is going to be a meme perk. I just can't see any reason to drop one of my perks for it.

• Kagrenac
    Kagrenac Member Posts: 773
    edited March 2019

It combos well with perks like coulrophobia, unnerving, infectious fright, etc.

On it's own its useless; but when combined with other perks I've found it can be gnarly

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

I got played nice with it yesterday. It was just the Obsession and I left. They got hooked and the Killer managed to spot me with BBQ. They got really close to me because of the TR being on the Obsession (and trees were blocking my sight).

• Marvel

I mean it can be cute if you hook the obsession right after the hit. You might have like 10-15 seconds without terror radius but it only work with the obsession so idk ... ^^'

I think it would be cool if the perk would transfer a debuff to a survivor you hit. The survivor can't go down for the duration of the perk but gives you vision of him/her.

If the survivor is the obsession it also activates the terror radius effect.

• Marvel

Oh yea I could imagine it's great with infectious fright^^ So you know where to walk next aft eryou hook someone or maybe bbq.