The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

A reddit user did an experiment. Let's discuss the results.

ratcoffee
ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,351

As you can see, the rules were:

• Play only as Trapper
  • No Add-ons
  • BP offerings only
  • Random perk build

I won't bother typing the results out as you can read them on the graphic, but I'm curious what other people think of this experiment and what it means.

Reddit thread for the curious: https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/1erize6/i_played_random_build_trapper_for_100_matches/

Comments

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,465

Vods please

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,736

100 matches is very small number to make any statements or conclusions out of them. Minimum should be like 300+

• totallynotamegmain
    totallynotamegmain Member Posts: 661

my boy trapper getting some love

O7

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,270

death sentence

also jokes aside nerf hatch

jk last time

i want more things like this so please do dredge next

• 09SHARKBOSS

agreed give pigs longer snoots and maybe special cages like what executioner has but they can get out on their own if they do it right

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,717

how many of these matches concluded with a basement camp? still, props.

• 09SHARKBOSS

respect is earned and you have more than enough of mine, friend

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,339

Congrats for the player being good enough at Trapper to win consistently like this, but it's hardly reflective as an average Trapper match.

• bjorksnas

The image doesn't prove anything and the pro player is going to win more often because they are better, the statistics are too narrow and too unsupported to be applied to the masses

Even best case scenario its just interesting statistics assuming everything lines up but its nothing to balance the game around for either side of the argument in either case

• Batusalen
    Batusalen Member Posts: 1,323
    edited August 14

First, sorry, I quoted you by mistake. Second, the escape rate was not only the escapes of the "pro player", but his whole team of randoms in those 50 SoloQ games.

Even tho, I agree with your last statement.

• bjorksnas

I didn't say escape more often I said win more often like overall as a team not just personal escapes

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,811
    edited August 14

Wasn’t it said that even in high MMR he still performs decently though (not great, but not terribly)? And newbies make up a small percentage of the game. Most players are in mid-MMR, which wouldn’t make them newbies.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,183

Trapper has always been on the lower end in kill rates at the higher ranks. From what I remember in a lot of the previous stats, Trapper trends around average across all ranks, but when you end up at the high ranks, he drops off fast.

In the latest official stats, he was in the bottom 10 killers by kill rate across all ranks. However, some of the killers below him got buffed since then, so he might be even lower. In Nightlight (unofficial stats), he's ranked even lower than that.

Statistically, he's not doing well at all. I know stats aren't the be all and end all, but I think he could use a few buffs honestly.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,116

It's just a fun summary of one person's experience of 100 games as Trapper. Someone could very easily get these results, without it meaning that the Trapper is powerful, so I don't some of the complaints here.

People play far better as some Killers compared to others. For example, I get far better results as Trapper, Executioner and Oni than I do with Nurse. Does that mean those Killers are better than Nurse? Of course not! However, I'm clearly a better player of those Killers than as a Nurse.

It's not unusual for someone to get this result, so I would only be concerned if this person was using this to prove that everyone should find it this easy, which I don't believe would be accurate, but don't believe this is what this person is trying to say.

Basically, interesting facts which I can imagine to be realistic from personal experience, but everybody will have their own experiences which will differ vastly.

• VantablackPharaoh91
    VantablackPharaoh91 Member Posts: 584
    edited August 14

I'm exactly like you, I don't believe in Killer Tierlists. I believe ANY Killer can be very good, or very bad. It depends on the player.

When I say "weak Killers", I mean "Killers that do not have a ton of power in their kit, so winning consistently requires more overall skill and cleverness as well as knowing that Killer REALLY well." Myers is a weak Killer not because he's BAD, but because he requires knowing what does and does not work, being flexible, and all the little ins and outs of what he can and cannot do with various addons. Winning consistently with Myers means you need to put in a lot more effort than the average Killer player to do well.

When I say "strong Killers", I mean "Killers that have lots of stuff in their kit that can be extremely powerful when mastered." Pinhead is a strong Killer not because he's really really good, but because once he is mastered he can create situations that are very difficult for all but an experienced SWF to get out of, and doing so requires significant effort to get to that point consistently. Pinhead already has stuff in his kit that makes him good against the average Survivor, but go a bit further and you become very strong, to the point you can even become highly competitive with him and do well.

When I say "overpowered" or "underpowered", I mean those Killers that either do something that breaks the game, or fundamentally can't keep up with the game in its current state at all. Nurse is an overpowered Killer because for the effort you put in, she is much too strong and her kit is so basic is is really simple to learn, plus being good at her gives more value than the average Killer. She breaks looping, she just breaks looping. That's overpowered. She is in bad need of tweaks to be made more fair, but that doesn't mean she cannot lose. Meanwhile Freddy is an underpowered Killer in that he does many things, but none of them overly well and none of them seem to be as effective - he antiloops poorly, he teleports poorly, he stealths poorly, and he slows down the game poorly. He is in bad need of tweaks to be fully effective, but that doesn't mean he can't win.

If I had to tierlist Killers, I would do them like this, in order (left to right) of most to least need of any changes to make them more balanced:

Wesker is plagued by glitches and could stand to have some stuff made partial basekit. He needs looking at. Skull Merchant's kit is bloated and needs a change badly. Trickster's changes are not fun for Trickster Main and feel bad for Survivor Mains, he needs to be given another look. I am happy to explain anyone else on this list.