The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

BHVR: PLEASE revert UI changes

I took a bit of a break and came back to this absolute mess of a UI. What was wrong with the old one? Why do I have to click 20 times to look at cosmetic stuff when it was objectively better as a button towards the bottom? Also the store UI SUCKS! For real, I don't want to have to click twice to see cosmetic stuff for each character. Let me select the character and have it take me to the customization page for that character.
You made it needlessly complicated and a real pain to navigate.

Comments

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,913

The wost part is I think its harder to customize my character, but they cant go back now.
    Improvements has to come within the new system and I'm certain there is some UI Designers working on that as we speak rn.

• Musxussu575
    Musxussu575 Member Posts: 45

Yes, both menu and store UI are needlessly complex now.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Even filters of "owned" reset each time you look at characters.

If you were to poll people in that section, I'd wager most would say "don't like it".

• Skillfulstone
    Skillfulstone Member Posts: 677

It goes farther than that, I honestly think I've seen a total of like 5 people saying that they like it (not just tolerating or being indifferent) The new UI changes are almost universally hated by the community.

• poinepp
    poinepp Member Posts: 165

Well I still can't get over the old portraits and now this…

• KatsuhxP
    KatsuhxP Member Posts: 627

As far as I know they changed it for the future as preperation, but it's ugly as hell yes. I'm still confused the customization is now integrated as button on the characters... xD

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,130

After all this time, I still mess up going to the correct spot to do customizations. It's not intuitive at all. I know it's been changed, I don't forget that, but the fact I still haven't adjusted illustrates how awful the UI is. Changes to the UI should made it easier and more streamlined to use, not make it clunkier and more awkward.

And I'm sick and tired of BHVR getting rid of every hotkey shortcut, as a console player those are necessary for ease of use.