What's wrong with you survivors ?

Emhyr
Emhyr Member Posts: 73

Guys, since the last patch i have alltimes one ragequit minimum at every game ?! What's wrong with you ? When you get down or when you don't like a map you DC...

This game is becoming report simulator. Full of toxic survivors... damn if you don't want to play stop ragequiting. You are creating so much frustration for your team and for the killer...

Comments

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

😭 😭 😭

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

Nothing, what about you?

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

DC solution is: deal with it(TM)

• Emhyr
    Emhyr Member Posts: 73

I'm not ragequiting even if i get tunnel or camp. I gain times for my allies. When i play killer i don't camp or tunnel. Just reporting toxic players...

• BigBadPiggy
    BigBadPiggy Member Posts: 678

Everything is wrong with survivors nowadays.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

@Emhyr

I'm not ragequiting even if i get tunnel or camp. 

Why not?

When i play killer i don't camp or tunnel.

You should

• daggersnight
    daggersnight Member Posts: 119

I keep dcing from the game and not because I want to but because the game just keeps Dcing on me. Be in the middle of doing a gen BOOM dced. Healing a survivor BOOM dced. Just walking? BOOM dced. Since this chapter started the dcing on my side has been super bad. I don't know whats going on.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@PiiFree I simply love you.

• Squaty
    Squaty Member Posts: 18

same, cant find any fix. I have done everything short of reinstalling windows

• Lanis_
    Lanis_ Member Posts: 183

On ps4 there are a game that I can't unhook another survivor (really , the animation don't start) , in few game i dced when i'm vaulting, another game like u when i'm healing.. with killer i don't have any problem , only when playing survivor.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

Someone just said something similar a few minutes ago.

I've seen strange disconnects. Survivors usually d/c when hit, downed, hooked, or when they first see a killer they don't like.

These survivors are doing a gen one minute then their character just stands still for a while then the disconnect comes.

Seems it could be a connection issue.

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942

I haven't really experienced much of this.

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943

It's a connection issue. Played SWF all night last night and folks just kept dcing for no reason. We had different group at different times so we narrowed it down to that being the case.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

Yeah seems weird when the survivors just stick doing an animation, a sign of them being disconnected.

Hasnt happened to me yet luckily. Hopefully its fixed asap but then giving the loading issues still aren't who knows.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

@PiiFree that logic works both ways. If you are being tunneled from the start and knocked down right off of hook, the killer is robbing you of the ability to play. If that player DC's, I can't blame them.

I see more players DC due to camping and tunnel off the hook than anything else. I rarely get a DC in my matches, but I don't camp or tunnel.

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154
    edited March 2019

@Warlock_2020

Not really, no. Camping and tunneling are legitimate tactics, as already confirmed by the devs several times.

Robbing you the ability to play is wrong in that case because getting camped or tunneled are both ways of playing the game, even as Survivor.

When you get camped, you are the most important person for your teammates because you're winning them a lot of time to finish the gens. If you disconnect, you eliminate that opportunity and most likely end up giving the Killer a 4k, which is exactly why people camp. It works because many Survivors are egoistic and refuse to make a sacrifice for the sake of their teammates victory.

I think that's very important for every player to realize. Even if you get camped or tunneled, you're not being useless. You're the person that can make the difference between a 1k and a 4k. The difference between a depip and a double pip. YOU can prevent that Killer for ranking up, so you never have to see them again in high rank.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@The_Crusader When you are in a match, you get a good feeling for whether a dc is intentional or not. Surv who just got downed? Intentional dc. Random healthy surv? Connection issue.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

Regardless, it absolutely sucks, and it is way too common. Easily 50% of matches are campers or tunnelers. It is what drove me to play killer. Once I figured out I could make almost double the BP, and avoid camping and tunneling by playing killer, I never looked back. Only play survivor when playing with my wife now. Even she plays a lot less now. She's tired of the same thing. It's why both my sons quit, my neighbor, and several co-workers.

Like it or not, the rampant camping and tunneling are part of the DC problem and I can't say I blame them.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Cons of survivor dc:

3 survivors vs 1 Killer

Killer gets less points but also has an easier game

Give survivors hatch

Cons of Killer dc:

Survivors may lose BP earned in that game

Survivors sometimes lose their item

Waste of offerings

If I'm missing any let me know and I'll add them.

• NathanExplosion
    NathanExplosion Member Posts: 337

@The_Crusader

You know what come immediatly in my mind when i read someone saying "camping, tunneling", after being there since release ?

This :

I'm gonna had that by looking at the actual state of this game, and then seeing that your post got 9 thumbs up, i'm not surprised to see this game losing 3000 players each months since January.