The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Sry 2v8 players, but chaos shuffle is the best modifier

joel84
joel84 Member Posts: 229

and

I am soooo glad when this nerdy mode is over. I haven't played DBD in a good week now because I didn't feel like waiting in the lobby, and I don't think I missed anything big. For me, Chaos Shuffle is the most fun and best modifier, even if the gens are just flying.

By the way i play 50-50, not that anyone claims that I am a Survivor Main because of my statements. I understand that 2v8 is popular with many. But for me it was the most boring DBD experience in years

Im sry 😔

Comments

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

I have to agree. I would prefer chaos shuffle as permanent mode over 2v8. Chaos mode is perfect casual mode. The only change I'd like to see is limit on items/add ons/offerings to green rarity or lower. 2v8 needs a lot of work before it would be ready for a permanent status in the game. Maybe a hard cap on the number of killers that can be queued up at any given time or something. Maybe make it 2v6 and buff survivors like give them an extra hook state to make it more balanced. But something has to be done about the queue situation before that game mode could be permanent.

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 2,101

Dont be sorry! 2v8 is a game mode. Chaos was just a modifier :P

• VantablackPharaoh91
    VantablackPharaoh91 Member Posts: 580

Chaos Shuffle should be the permanent mode, not 2v8. At least not yet, because 2v8 was half baked and really needs more time to percolate before it's EVER added permanently. Ideally, I want both. :) Chaos Shuffle right now and 2v8 in, gosh, IDK… a year or so, so that every Killer, map, and more classes can be added with more tweaks? And in between then and now, some occasional 2v8 weeks as a rotating mode, just to test new things and make it the best it can be.

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 803

Now that we've had 2v8, I really want to see 1v8 MLO. What a fun mode that was!

• Jim_Tonic
    Jim_Tonic Member Posts: 521

Sorry but chaos shuffle is so boring as a modifier. Why have a modifier be something that could aswell just be a toggle option aswell.

Where you can just choose random perk set by enabling a checkmark box. And you can toggle it on and off as you like. There are tome challenges that do this, where your perk layout is toggled to random and untoggled to your existing build, according to if you have the challenge selected or not.

Yes the games were more fun because not anyone brought meta all the time. I can see the appeal. But it doesnt bring anything new, just makes the existing 1v4 more chill, which, seriously. There could be better ways to make the game less sweaty. If they wanted to do so.

• VantablackPharaoh91

Oh another person who actually liked Lights Out both sides, warts and all… I loved it too. I hope it comes back with some tweaks to make it more fun for both sides, while keeping the "no perks no addons no items and muted info" part that made it so challenging and fun.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,767

I thought the darkness made it so tense. I think my only complaint was Legion being able to find survivors way too easily with killer instinct, but that's pretty much my only complaint.

• VantablackPharaoh91

My one issue with Lights Out is that there were certain Killers with too much info while others had not enough. It also felt as though there was not much for Survivors to do if they weren't into the hardcore survival/stealth experience of it. I think all other complaints with it were people misunderstanding the mode and how you're intended to play it, or refusing to adapt to the mode period. I lost rounds as Killer and won rounds as Survivor in it just fine when I finally figured out that stealth and extra alertness was the way to play.

• Ashen_One_Chris
    Ashen_One_Chris Member Posts: 20

I prefer Chaos Shuffle as well.

But I'd rather see it as an option for the regular mode rather than a separate mode.
    As an option to fully randomize your loadout, in exchange say for +100% BP in the match you are gonna play.

• VantablackPharaoh91

The problem with that is that it would mean not everyone who wants randomness would be on the same field. It's not fun to randomize a loadout and then run into a sweaty SWF/Killer with full meta.

• joel84
    joel84 Member Posts: 229

Well, the thing is. Why would I keep buying chapters or perks in the future just to sit in the queue? Ok, one has nothing to do with the other, but that's one of the main reasons why I curse 2v8 so much.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,315
    edited August 16
  • Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,273
    edited August 16

Oh my, I didn’t expect Daddy Dean. He can step on me all he wants 🥵🥵🔥🥵

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,818
    edited August 16

Every game in Chaos Shuffle just became killers hard tunnelling since there was next to no anti-tunnel and survivors bringing the strongest items to make the randomness pointless. It felt less like random builds and more like the perks had no impact on the game and it was the strongest add ons and items non-stop. The 'chaos' and randomness kind of vanishes when every game is 4 BNP, 4 Styptic, tunnel, Blight with best add ons, etc.

I honestly really didn't have a good experience with it most games, unlike 2v8 which was always fun for me.

• Spirit_IsTheBest
    Spirit_IsTheBest Member Posts: 935

I agree, Chaos Shuffle is what made me enjoy DBD at the time, I really hope it returns someday.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,432

Yeah, losing because i didn't get the right perks and my opponents luckily did by pure RNG is so fun.

The problem is that the game is designed and balanced around killers having slowdown perks, so when killers can't bring slowdown perks, what do you think happens against even slightly competent survivors?

• HamsterEnjoyer
    HamsterEnjoyer Member Posts: 710

I think this is what they want to do with the mode. I just hope they add unknown soon

• Bravobro
    Bravobro Member Posts: 167

2vs8 IS perfect. We need IT permanent.

Chaos shuffle was okay but Not better.

To Play with a other Killer friend was Peak!

• VantablackPharaoh91

IMHO all the modes and new event queue stuff have made me play more DBD this year than ever before, and given me some confidence back as a Killer player AND Survivor player. I learned a lot about myself in this game this year. I learned that:

• I am pretty damn decent both sides.
    • I am better at adapting than I think.
    • I have better game sense than I think.
    • I can hold my own in chase both sides better than I think.
    • I don't need nearly as much gen hold as I thought.
    • I can do just fine with no perks both sides.
    • I am not trash, a loser, or a failure for losing against a full meta Squad/Killer.
    • I am good at this game.

• Dionysusdog
    Dionysusdog Member Posts: 154

That didn't ruin it. How on earth would that have ruined anything?