The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Suggest more Sci-fi outfits for Alien chapter

Hi, I am a big fan of ALIEN. I am very happy that Behaviour company listened to my wishes and saw the new launch of Rain's outfit. However, it would be great if Behaviour company could produce some more sci-fi outfits, such as Ellen Ripley, which I have always hoped for one outfit to wearing a space suit abandoned next to the map escape shuttle (if possible, hope the hood is not damaged). That must be a very cool outfit!! : )

Comments

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,889
    edited August 17

Hudson legendary?

Game Over man! Game Over!!!

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,197

Yeah, disappointed that this 'collection' is just one skin for a new character.

I'd love to get some more characters from Alien/s, as well as Amanda Ripley.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,889
    edited August 17

Amanda Ripley was such a cool character, but Isolation unfortunately made the fatal mistake a lot of horror makes...

Spoiler incoming:

It took away our hope... there is a reason why there is often a "last girl" or "sole survivor" in horror, and it's because in order for viewers to stay invested, we have to have hope, but more than that we need a reason to remain connected to the story.

The key in horror is to dangle hope in front and then keep snatching it away so the nightmare can continue, and even when the story ends it is more effective to keep you the viewer unsure that the nightmare is truly over, and invested in what the future might bring.

Is Nancy free of Kruegar's Nightmares?

Is Laurie finally safe from Michael?

Is Jason truly dead in Ft13thp2, and if not will he hunt Ginny for impersonating his mother?

Has Hoffman truly survived and avoided being tested in SAW 3?

If you kill off everyone, then there is nothing to hold our investment in the story and keep talking about it, and no reason to continue to care.

Alien works because Ripley makes it to her shuttle, and despite being lost in space, she is alive. We remain invested in the mystery of what the future holds.

Alien 3 fails quite spectacularly, because it first kills off Newt and Hicks, and puts Ripley in a no hope situation that she can't escape. We can't see a way out, and when the film finally reveals there is no way out, we cease to care. Ripley just dies. If you modify this story by having Newt survive, and Ripley is trying to defend her the whole way through, have everything otherwise plays out exactly the same, but then Newt is taken off the planet by the corporation and survives, we're still invested in the story, and suddenly the film is great.

In Alien Isolation, it's much better than 3, because we believe we can escape, but its pretty hopeless... but since she gets blown out into space at the end, when she's already in a pretty hopeless situation, it's kinda like..."Oh... OK then... guess we just die...".

Horror isn't meant to have happy endings, but cutting off all threads is never the most effective way to have horror. You need to keep some form of hope alive for horror to be effective.... and AI unfortunately cuts off all of its threads, which is why it leaves a sour taste in a lot of people mouths.

An alternative ending for say a second playthrough, or beating hard or whatever, would have been very welcome to this game

All that said, Amanda Ripley would be a great edition, cause the game is for the most part very good, and we are invested in her pretty much throughout.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,497

At the moment i can´t relate to the new skin as i haven´t seen the movie yet.

But i heard it is good.

Movies come pretty quick out of cinemas these days. Hope it doesn´t take to long.

Also i hope if it is good that it makes some good profits as we could need more new good Alien movies.