We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Slugging can be the preferred move ... in the opinion of survivors.

drsoontm
drsoontm Member Posts: 4,716
edited August 19 in General Discussions

I read about slugging complains.

However, in my experience, most survivor prefer being slugged for minutes than the alternative.

Case in point: in this match, it was clear to me this night team stood little chance against me, even if Mikaela was very good at jukes, the others lacked her experience. They had the right idea though, so at least chasing them and their attempts at misdirection was fun.

In these cases, especially at night, I always play nice. Meaning I'll slug but hook slowly. First round after they did 2 gens, second round after they did four, no third round. Instead of hooking, I've slugged. It lasted long enough for the David to be almost out of blood (so I've stopped hitting him twice near the end).

As you can see in the chat, they are among the many who'd rather wait a bit on the ground than be killed.

Granted, sometimes I get a team that'd rather be dead than slugged. They are extremely rare though.

Again, in my experience.

I need to state that I only play nice in these matches. Against a competitive team rushing gens, I'll play as hard and efficiently as I can.

Comments

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 942

Slugging isn't inherently bad. When Oni downs me and immediately runs off to use his power, I don't get mad. It's just Oni focusing on playing with his power instead of killing survivors off early. You can also slug if you accidently down a survivor that is dead on hook, or slug your favourite survivor so you can give them hatch.

I assume people are complaining about more excessive slugging, into a four minute bleedout. Which is pretty lame, on the rare occasion it happens.

• Toystory3Monkey
    Toystory3Monkey Member Posts: 449

Or when the slugging is actually used smart instead of giving survivor easy time like you described in your examples..

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477

Majority of survivors aren't competent enough to get the benefit of slugging, actually quite opposite

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,693

I mean, just about anything is ok if the other team can tell you're at least trying to play fair.

I'll slug if the person off hook crosses my path again. It's either intentional, so they get a nice bit of time to think about their choices while DS counts down, or it's an accident and I try to let them know I'm not intentionally tunneling by leaving them. I'll even leave the area so someone can be nice enough to get off a gen and come help them up. Free slowdown for intentionally not tunneling sounds like everyone wins.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,440

I much prefer being slugged for pressure (as opposed to slugging for the 4K which sucks) than being tunneled or camped. If I'm slugged for pressure I feel like I'm actually able to play the game which makes the game satisfying win or lose.

As a Killer I do the same and always leave one person up as a minimum. It's great pressure and allows the Survivors to actually have a decent game as well.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,819

Slugging for pressure is something that should be fine, there's a few killers that rely on it even.

Slugging all 4 survivors and waiting for the bleedout though? That seems too far sometimes and I don't know what the best answer is. We already saw what basekit UB did.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,249

always leave one person up as a minimum

Personally, I usually try to leave 2 up, otherwise I've found the final one may go into hiding instead of picking up his teammates. That's based on my own experiences, though. Both as killer and survivor, I usually get matches with at least one survivor who spends the majority of their time hiding.

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 883

When there's only 2 survivors alive slugger can go eat a cactus

That's what people are talking about when people talk about slugging

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,440

That has happened to me. What I do then is let a survivor wiggle off, slug the one who was hiding, and let the survivors who the hiding survivor was quite willing to sacrifice decide whether or not to save them. I then let the survivors farm pallets, blinds, etc on me.

Your suggestion is better though because it'll stop the farming incidents from occurring. I'll try that now.