We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Survivor perk to rebuild pallets

I believe it wouldn't hurt to introduce a survivor perk to rebuild broken pallets with modern DBD since most pallets aren't as strong as before and with correct usage, it could be a decent perk but not too strong with certain balancing.

I envision it as only being broken pallets (and doors) but not being able to put one wherever you like.

The speed to build should be similar to cleansing a totem and perhaps a cooldown to stop potential abusing.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,129

Really difficult to balance. The thing is, even if Pallets nowadays are weaker (Killers have more ways to play around them and Maps in general are weaker), on every Map there are at least a few Pallets which are very strong and on most maps there are 1-2 God Pallets.

Rebuilding them with just the cost of 14 seconds or so (if you mention cleansing a Totem) is too strong, because a Pallet like Shack Pallet against a good team can easily make this worth.

Such a Perk also limits future map design. Because you would always have to balance maps with that Perk in mind, so Maps would need to be weaker, because you cannot have so many strong Pallets when you have to keep in mind that they can be rebuild by at least one Survivor.

The Perk basically would need to be unviable to be used and then you can also just not create it.

• WitchWalpurga
    WitchWalpurga Member Posts: 120

i posted a similar this idea some months ago. I based it on scrambling broken pallets ( for example you need the remains of 4 to rebuild one, collecting takes 5 seconds each, building another 5 and ofc you have to run around the map).

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,996

Lets say 4 survivors bring in this perk, what kind of draw back would not make this perk overpowered?

4 pallets coming back on a cooldown would be pretty powerful.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,496

Time efficiency wise if a rebuilt pallet buys ~4.66s which a god pallet can buy in spades its really strong, it would need to be a really high requirement longer build single use ect to even start balancing a perk like that

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 1,024
    edited August 21

This could work, however, as everyone else mentioned, a large drawback would be needed.

The fun part is, we already have a template for similar perks: The Invocations.

A simple concept from me:

Invocation: Fragile Rebirth

When in the basement near the circle, press the Ability Button to begin the Invocation.

Invocations take 60 seconds. Other Survivors will see your aura during this and can join the ongoing interaction.

Once the Invocation is completed:

• You become Injured and Broken for the rest of the trial.
    • You gain 2 charges of Fragile Rebirth.

If a survivor joins the Invocation process for more than 20 seconds, they will also get a charge upon the completion of the Invocation.

Completing the invocation disables the perk for all survivors.

Fragile Rebirth becomes active when near a broken pallet or breakable door. Pressing the Active Abillity Button causes the pallet/breakable wall to rebuild itself.

Post edited by SoGo on
  • Langweilg
    Langweilg Member Posts: 1,021
    edited August 20

Such a thing should never become a perk, either they shoudn‘t do it or it has to be basekit.

Post edited by Langweilg on
  • Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 1,093

So you gotta go tunnel this person out ASAP or else they're going to make the game hell for any killer without antiloop?

• Linkdouken
    Linkdouken Member Posts: 114

My counter to this would be that a pallet can only be rebuild 1 time regardless of which survivor did it

• Linkdouken

Yeah, I don't doubt that it could be insanely strong when used by top survivors but I do feel like the strength of god pallets is slightly overexaggerated for the skill level of the majority of the player base especially when there are some strong perks to ensure these pallets are dealt with quickly (like spirit fury and bamboozle to block shack window)

I mean it just kinda sucks for the rest of us that aren't amazing 😆

• Ohyakno

Spirit fury works against decent survivors exactly once. Then it's pre drop city. To make it actually good you have to pair it with endurance. You're out two info/stall perks for two perks entirely countered by pre dropping. It's a very very bad value proposition. It's not even "top survivors", it's anybody with a quarter of a brain.

Bamboozle has little to do with god pallets. It's not doing a hell of a lot for you in Gideon or anywhere where a god pallet connects to another tile either.

• Linkdouken

I mentioned bam specifically for dealing with shack as that is often one of the stronger areas survivors on a a lot of maps.

• Ohyakno

Yeah but it's not the only God pallet and it's not the only strong area in any given map. In some maps it's not even the strongest.

• Orthane
    Orthane Member Posts: 425
    edited August 20

Impossible to balance. While there are a ton of trash pallets in the game there are still quite a few God pallets, the single ability to rebuild even just shack pallet is too unfair. Imagine places like main on Swamp or main on Garden of Joy there's just too many areas with God pallets. It would reward just going to OP tiles over and over and over and over again. Which wouldn't be fun.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,996

But some pallets are not equal, some pallets can drag on for many minutes due to a loop.
    How fast can Survivors rebuild pallets?

• Linkdouken

I mean that's kinda the point - the stronger the pallet you are using it on, the more value or used on a filler pallet it's more of a timewaster.

If the killer is wasting actual minutes on a singular pallet then it's likely they aren't playing well in the first place, even if the pallet is strong.

That's what I'm uncertain of, just how long it should take. I was thinking no more than 30 seconds but perhaps it would need to be longer.

I mean there could be a completely new way to make sure this type of perk - two different types of pallets defined by a slight colour or shade difference. Ones at very strong locations being unable to being rebuilt. As with most ideas for this game, adding more layers does make it more unlikely for development reasons