The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

PS4. Friend invitation isn't working

Criselith
Criselith Member Posts: 10

When I try to invite a friend to the game, it shows me that this friend is not online and has disappeared from my friends list. We've played with him a lot before, so this isn't a new friend invite to the game.
I am displayed for this friend in the friends list, but my status is shown as offline. At the time I was in the Survivor menu and leveling up.
When my friend sends me a game invite and I try to join, I get an error "Accept invitation failed. The invitation could not be accepted".

In Playstation you also can join the session of the friend by going to the profile of the friend who is playing the game and join the session but this method is not working too and shows the error.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Launch the game
  2. Make sure your PSN status is Online
  3. Send invite to your friend
  4. Try to join the game by received invitation

3 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, we are forwarding this to the team for their review

Comments

• Criselith
    Criselith Member Posts: 10

what i found out:

• my friend got dropped from the friends list after getting the game along with Silent Hill and Tomb Raider DLC
    • due to the fact that my friend was not in the list of friends, but the status was as "friend", the game did not allow him to joining my game
    • Settings was set to Online/Party privacy/Friends Only. If you change this option to Public, inviting friends will start working

• Skillfulstone
    Skillfulstone Member Posts: 678

It's due to cross-progression;

Many people, myself included, are having an issue where they are unable to play with their friends if they haven't linked their account for cross-progression and their friend did (or vice-versa).

• jcrankin22
    jcrankin22 Member Posts: 3

Since linking my Windows and Xbox for cross progression i've been unable to play with any of my friends on the windows version. On xbox I can only invite them to my lobby. I'm unable to join my friend's lobbies. On Windows it says I have 75 friend invites sent but have never sent any invites to those people.