The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why do sore winners exist?

I mean what is the point of it? Does it make people joy when they win a match easily or close one and want to show how "good" they are and want to be mean? I don't get it.

If you win, that's cool but why go your way and be mean and act like child?

Comments

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 2,093

That's just part of online games. Why does any toxic trait exist?

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,736

That's pretty interesting thought, didn't expect something like this to hear on forums, nice to see.

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 2,259
    edited August 27

Let's ask this philosophical question...

I can understand sore losers, but why sore winners exist is very good question.

Simply toxic human beings wasting oxygen.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477

Because win condition and communication exists, seriously remove either one of those

• For_The_People
    For_The_People Member Posts: 519
    edited August 27

I might be wrong and I suspect it isn’t black and white but I have made some observations during my time playing the game the last few years that could explain why.

1. toxic players exist on both sides and though they may manifest this through different ways - it’s usually because of the agency they have.

2. Some people often say x side is more toxic but I have personally seen on numerous occasions that someone has been toxic as survivor AND killer (the same person) - toxic people who play killer only will be toxic killers. Survivor only will be toxic survivors and those who play both sides are just toxic all round.

In terms of WHY some are sore winners, this is my theory (obviously I don’t condone it but it is my observation):

Survivors start off as soloQ players and the vast vast majority of their experience is getting trampled on. They will either go on to quit the game (especially more recent players as the learning curve is to steep) or, the do indeed ‘git gud’ but now have the skills to dole out ‘vengeance’. I have seen this personally with some people I played with - they were an innocent Dwight, but after being smashed countless times including the occasions of behind tunnelled, camped, bm’d - without the skill to be able to fight back, I saw them improve but sadly, their motivation seemed to be to ‘get back’ at killers. I think I literally saw a toxic turn in this player.

For beginner killers, I suspect they eventually run into toxic survivors and swfs who drive them to similar motivations if ‘vengeance’ - I have observed many many commenters on the forums displaying this mindset.

Bottom line is, all these experiences have driven some players to take satisfaction not from winning, but humiliating the other - probably because of partisanship and having been humiliated themselves.

you may see this evident in many comments even on the forums.

Post edited by For_The_People on
  • Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,308

Because they have boring, shallow lives and still haven't felt the sweet warm embrace of 😺

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,955

insecurity

• totallynotamegmain
    totallynotamegmain Member Posts: 661
    edited August 27
  • drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,580

Their life is miserable.

They take a win wherever they can, even in a silly game.

• Toystory3Monkey
    Toystory3Monkey Member Posts: 450

People think they won in unfair circumstances against all odds (sweaty killer, op perks, op killers, 4 man COMP SWF, unfair map, bad teammates) and that makes them feel entitled to acting like douches if they did in fact won because they think their opponent was trying too hard and deserves to get treatment like that.

A concept of good sportsmanship is known to these people only by name.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,163

I am an 80s kid and all this cheesy reflections after the cartoon episodes like "You see kids? Don't lie when you mess up or the problem could become that much bigger, even when there are no monsters involved" or "when you got a big problem, trust the grown ups and talk to your parents" really had an impact on me. I also read a lot, but my heroes directly talking to me about moral matters actually hit a nerve with smol fry me. I think cartoons got a lot of flack in the 80s for being bad for a kids growth and development, so many shows of that time had this moral segment at the end that somehow imparted a lesson learned from that days episode.

• HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 608

This one is rather old but still gold: I remember when I played as a survivor in SoloQ with a Jeff against a Billy (the old pathetic Overheat billy) it was on the long Azaroth map and the exitgates were on the other sides. I was in chase with the billy on the otherside of the map so my teammates can open the exitgates. The other two teammates left but Jeff didn't left, even though it would be good so I have a chance of the hatch. However, he stayed at the exitgates the last second to tbag the Billy when he came to him. In the endgame, he sent the typical "ez" Two days later, I played killer and had this Jeff in lobby and he dropped an Ormond offering (I don't remember every player but when you have these type of players, you remember them). I played Artist and downed him quickly and he dced. This is the typcial behavour of players: If they win, they want that you know that they won this match but if they lose, they are very quiete. It is also the same with the bad players that need a map offering for a good map, when they win they let you know that they won the game (even though it was not their skill) - if they lose, they either rage quit or blame you for things that are not as worst as they did.

It's really sad and I wish the developers would do more against these players because it would make the community as a hole better. But I guess they don't really care about it.

• GonnaBlameTheMovies
    GonnaBlameTheMovies Member Posts: 675

Because they never grew up and matured I guess.

• pa4n
    pa4n Member Posts: 50

lol maybe :) or maybe they are just kids….

The real reason i quote your post is because of your name :)

Is it because of the Cryptopsy album?

Cya

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,308

Very observant. That is a classic album! :)