"From The Rift" Bundles: DBD's worst money scam yet

What exactly is the purpose of this new bundle? Other than to nickel and dime newer players who missed out on older rifts. Why not just bring back these outfits to the store the regular way, so that we can have the option to buy individual pieces and use iridescent shards if we want. Why put them in a FOMO weekly bundle that's auric cells only?

I don't understand what's so special about these particular outfits that they can't come to the store permanently like other rift outfits.

Comments

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 1,243

Considering they have stated some outfits might never come back from the rift at all, I would be happy with this. Ive been waiting on the Night Owl Huntress skin for almost 2 years? And I will gladly pay 11$ for it.

• tparadise
    tparadise Member Posts: 79

I mean that's what my post is about. There's no reason for them not to bring these outfits back to the store normally in the first place. Like there's nothing particularly special about this Jake outfit, it's not like it's deep rift. It's just a standard recolor.

To state that some outfits are never coming back to the store and then be like, just kidding, if you want it you gotta buy the whole fit for $11 and you only have a week until it's gone is just a predatory FOMO tactic. And my "feedback and suggestion" is that they not do this.

• vol4r
    vol4r Member Posts: 225
    edited August 28

We don't like the FOMO tactic. I wonder if bhvr will fight that or if it will stay that way…

There is also some cosmetics that I would love to have for nea and ace, from early rifts but i kinda lost my hope on that already

• Alen_Starkly
    Alen_Starkly Member Posts: 1,151

If they bring back single piece cosmetics (like Ace's purple gambling shirt from Rift 2), then this bundle will have a really good value. Hopefully that's what they have in store for us 🙏❤️

• tparadise
    tparadise Member Posts: 79

If this bundle was just for the single cosmetic pieces from older rifts and deep rift outfits it would be less of a blow for sure.

But to use it to create FOMO on basic recolors that they could easily just add to the store is very scummy in my opinion.