We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Starting delay for hex perks

Alionis
Alionis Member Posts: 1,024

I would like to suggest a general change to hex totems that light at the start of the match, namely delaying that by about 30 seconds.

I don't usually play with hex perks and playing the remix challenge reminded me about the why. Too often, survivors either spawn next to one or the hiding spot of the totem sucks.

I think this would be a simple change to stop them from getting cleansed immediately, because even if a survivor spawns near a dull totem and cleanses it immediately, there are other dull totems left that the hex could then light up. Keeping the delay short would mean that the killer could still benefit from their effect in early game.

Comments

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 2,257

Would be hilarious to try time it, so you cleanse it 31 seconds and see if it becomes hex or not.

• Burniebotss
    Burniebotss Member Posts: 92

better then nothing

• Alionis
    Alionis Member Posts: 1,024

That could happen, sure, but then I think that totem would have been a bust anyways.

• Orthane
    Orthane Member Posts: 425

That would be nice, or at least have the entity block all hex totems for the first 30 seconds. That way even if a Survivor spawns by a totem they have to make the choice to wander away and go work on a gen and leave the hex up for a duration, or wait and do nothing for 30 seconds. Hex builds can be extremely unfun to play against, but at the same time using a Hex build can also be extremely unfun. They're in this weird spot where it almost feels like an all or nothing situation.

• Dream_Whisper
    Dream_Whisper Member Posts: 749

I agree, if say you happen to have entire Hex Perk build revolving around a Hex Perk or two that needs to be cleansed. It can kinda suck within 30 seconds of the beginning of the match when they get immediately cleansed and the rest of your hex build is pretty much worthless in the best worse case scenario. It would just be nice if Hex perks were simply left unlit, for like 30 seconds in the match, and then lit immediately after the duration; to give a false sense of security.

They can also make it so that hex perks will remain invisible with dull totems, and then appear lit as soon as a Hex perk effect is in play. Like for example:

Hex: Devour Hope starts of with zero tokens, and therefore be starting the match as a dull totem the entire time, until the Killer manages to gain a token; in which it becomes lit and active.

Always active Hex perks, like Ruin for example just dull totems for 30 seconds, despite being active; to give the false sense to the survivor that there are no active hex perk in the map. It would punished mindless cleansing them as soon as you spawn into the match, but it would not punished experience Survivors that actively keep track of totems spawn in the match, if they do in fact suspect a hex perk in play. And if by chanc, they cleansing the dull Hex totem, they could get rewarded for finding a hex totem early before the 30 seconds are up.