The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Ormond was made worse and BHVR's new map design philosophy

Yggleif
Yggleif Member Posts: 169
edited August 29 in Feedback and Suggestions

We've had the new ormond for a little while now and honestly I think they made the map much much worse in terms of balance. Old Ormond was on the bigger side but it was balanced by how spaced out the pallets and jungle gyms were. New Ormond it feels like you can just chain everything together so if you're playing a killer with no antiloop you're just kinda screwed. Like now you can go main building into a loop into shack very easily where as before shack was always in the corner so that wasn't a problem.

BHVR's new map design philosophy is they'll make maps smaller they'll just put 30 pallets on the map you can chain together. That's okay if you're a stronger killer but half the killer roster can't deal with that. I know maps being bigger wasn't much better but survivors being able to not stay at loops and just predrop every pallet on the map and not care because they still have two dozen more is extremely boring to chase against.

Comments

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 1,243

Not to mention the new tiles of Ormond and Coldwind absolutely gut killers that have a wind up time like Wesker or Huntress. Small high walls where you can’t ready your power in time to get a hit no matter what.

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 987

Didn't they also get rid of the fog?

• GonnaBlameTheMovies
    GonnaBlameTheMovies Member Posts: 661

I feel like BHVR just really needs to get rid of the high number of filler pallets and standardize map size across the board. Tiles, not filler pallets and vaults.

• ays12151
    ays12151 Member Posts: 678

New Ormond & Yamaoka variants shouldn't be a thing. These maps are horrible. Instead of adding 2 new Ormonds & 2 New Yamaokas they should touch Badham variations. Instead of adding bullshit new tiles on Coldwin Farm they should add some new Pallet loops on Haddonfield.