The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

New Meta slowdown is op?

Bookern
Bookern Member Posts: 162

With the new chapter a new meta slowdown build has been appearing alot Wretched Fate, Pentimento, Dying light.

How strong is this build op or no?

Comments

• dbd900bach
    dbd900bach Member Posts: 671

I haven't tried it myself but I think it might be on the gimmicky side and may only work well high mobility killers. It all focuses on crippling the obsessions ability to do the objective while you focus the other survivors.

• Astel
    Astel Member Posts: 649

I think it is not OP. Wretched Fate and Pentimento have the limit of being hex and Dying Light is garbage.

• dbd900bach
    dbd900bach Member Posts: 671

That's what I was thinking about. If you can't build any early pressure at the start of the match, you've essentially lost the game.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,990
  • humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,949

it’s a shame how bad it is it’s one of those perks that could genuinely be better

• Toystory3Monkey
    Toystory3Monkey Member Posts: 450

hardly.

it's just +1 slowdown you can use, but killers have already had multiple options to fill their 4 perk slots with slowdown, so we just got variety.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,844

Since wretched fate triggers only once it's not that broken. Annoying if you are the obsession, but not broken.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,990

They should give it a 1% buff at least. It horrible right now. 3hooks for 9% isn't wroth it. Also I'm not even sure why the obsession part of this perk need to remain.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,431
    edited August 30

The problem with these is that there is no early pressure. Dying light is a terrible perk and is just a "win more" and it isn't even good at that. If you don't get a quick first down you are gonna have a bad time. And if you have early pressure you don't need these perks. So all they are really doing is giving the illusion of being strong because they make you lose faster when you are already losing.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,081

if your not getting downs, you'll lose with every build.

• Reinami

That's the point, you need perks to help you do that when all it takes is for a survivor to predrop 1-2 god pallets shift+w to a corner and 3 gens get done.

• jasonq500
    jasonq500 Member Posts: 139

Haven't tried them out, I mostly tried using friends till the end with wretched fate, if you happen to find and hook the obsession, another one is now affected by wretched fate, decent combo in my opinion

• HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 608

The build is not op but rather boring for the survivors because sitting on generators is boring. Dying Light is a bad perk and nearly every other perk such as PainRes, Pop, or Surge is much better. Ruin also for der synergies with Pentimento.

Oh that sounds funny. Gonna give it a try

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,889

It's got the same vibes as Hex: Plaything to me, you should probably ignore the Hex if you're affected by it due to the threat of Pentimento, and focus on being the teams designated unhooker/healer instead.

If the killer chases you, they're not getting value from their Hex, cause you're not being slowed down, nor are they building Dying Light stacks,and obviously if you never cleanse they have a dead perk in Pentimento.

So by not cleansing they're basically perkless.

• dwight444
    dwight444 Member Posts: 339

I see that perk icon and I'm done working on gens for the match

perk is op in the sense it will bore u to death. Get that gen 99 then hit get with PR, nty!

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,183

You can't really ignore that much slowdown at all. You're basically one person down on gens for the entire game if it's up. Plaything you can just keep your eyes open, but that's not the case with Wretched Fate.

You can't be "designated unhooker or healer" unless you build for it. That's not really how it works.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,889
    edited August 30

I mean, that's the gamble isn't it? I mean yeah, it's a lot of slowdown, but it depends on if you feel confident you can get the Pentimento back off again if you cleanse it.

The risk is if you cleanse for the Pentimento, then you have the same 33% slowdown, but for everyone including you now, and because you know where it is, you can bet the killer will tunnel you.

So it's contextual most likely, I remember Otz said Pentimento might be a problematic perk once upon a time, and a lot of people tore into him for it... but his point was exactly this issue with Pentimento... if you have a Hex that is really strong and must be cleansed, then you have to deal with Pentimento... and Owntimento is a big deal if you can't deal with it.

• Devil_hit11

i mean if you struggle to get 1 down before 4 gens are done, that is likely a skill issue with killer. my issue with killer is not that i can't get a down consistency before 2 gens pop. it is that the more i play aggressive to get downs around the map, the more gens i lose compare trajectory of survivor objective.

this means that i can get 3 hooks in 3 minutes and i lose 2 gens. if i continue to fish for another 3 hooks, i'll be at 1 gen left and nobody dead. say on 8th hook, i kill someone, i am at 1 gen or 0 gens left. this means that i can be dominating for 6-7 minutes straight on every chase and i am still losing.

for that reason, killer are like forced to camp and tunnel because…. they need shortcut objective. like the game based around you 2nd staging a survivor on hook or you tunneling correct people. that is why changes like that 70 second change doesn't make any sense because killer just don't have the time to do their objective.

this is my thoughts on that stuff.

• Reinami

Mathematically speaking it works out though, again it takes roughly 20 seconds to physically cross the map, by the time you get there the 4 survivors can be starting a gen, so we'll say the first chase starts at the same time the gens start.

The survivor being chased shift+w to the nearest god pallet this takes probably 20 seconds before they drop it. They drop the pallet, its a god pallet it MUST be broken, this adds 20 seconds to a chase. Kill can continue chasing, or give up and look for another survivor, if they give up, the chased survivor hops on a gen, and the process repeats but now you have to find a survivor. So you keep chasing catch up, they predrop another god pallet, you break it. Now they shift+w you land a hit, 18 seconds later you land a hit again, they are in the corner of the map, 2.7 second wipe animation, 3 second pickup animation, 10 seconds to walk to a hook, 1.5 second hook animation adds up to…..

20 + 20 + 20 + 18 + 2.7 + 3 + 10 + 1.5 = 95.2 seconds. 3 gens done.

• ReverseVelocity

Mathematically speaking doesn't really translate properly into the real world.

You're assuming absolutely perfect efficiency in all cases, which is literally impossible.

Playing against good teams without Corrupt is extremely rough, but assuming complete efficiency in an argument is kind of flawed.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,736

Dying light ha ha ha… and meta… that made me giggle, thank you.

• Devil_hit11

Sure that is a problem with god pallets. that is why a killer like Michael Myer's is bad because you can spend like 30 second stalking to get to t2+95.2 seconds and your very likely to lose 3 gens. Generator are resource to be lost. the issue is that you should not be continuously losing gens if your not playing any of your chases poorly with no tracking issues between each chase. unfortunately, that is exactly how game is its current state. you can win chases as killer and still passively lose fairely quickly vs organized SWF squads because objective is ultra oppressive for killer with 0 comeback factor.

having mandatory generator defence feels bad for killer and i hope that in some point in the future they do something that makes killer pressure more relevant beyond tunneling/camping.

• Reinami
    edited August 30

But that is how you balance games. You balance them around the people who are best capable of exploiting things. This is why they need to nerf loops significantly and nerf the power of structures like shack rather than increase gen time. Increasing gen time hurts the low skill players, nerfing the power of loops only hurts the high skill games where survivors dominate because those low skill survivor's aren't using the loops to their full potential anyway. Then they could even go and LOWER gen times even.

And before you go and say "but those players are rare" it doesn't matter, there are ways you can balance the game intelligently to deal with both high and low level play:

This video is talking about TF2, but the principle still applies. I timestamped the relevant part but the whole video is a good watch.

• ReverseVelocity
    edited August 30

Reinami try not to post the TF2 video challenge (impossible)

Literally no player can be at 100% efficiency at all times, so I don't know why you're writing all that when that's literally all I was saying. You're talking in theoretics, not what's in the realm of what is possible.

• Reinami

Survivors at a top level don't even bother to heal anymore. You simply do not have enough time.

• ReverseVelocity

Why would I refute a video that isn't relevant to the point I was making? I wasn't making any comments on the overall balancing strategy, I was literally only saying that no player can maintain perfect efficiency at all times.

• Bookern
    Bookern Member Posts: 162
  • Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,343
    edited August 30

Wretched Fate only triggers once so 99% of the time it activates after the first gen. Then if the obsession cleanses it you get 1 pentimento stack which can be easily cleansed again because the obsession knows where Wretched Fate spawns (it shows its aura to the obsession) and you generally aren't trying to go after the obsession with dying light.

Dying Light also scales very slowly so you need a lot of early hooks in which case you would have gotten more value from Pain Res or Pop.

Pentimento needs a full hex build of high priority hexes or Plaything to be effective as in close games the slowdown from doing totems multiple times and slowed repair speed can make a difference to closing out the game.

So while you have a 4th slot for another perk, I don't see this 4th perk carrying the rest of the build.

Personally I think Wretched Fate is a trap perk. It seems strong, but it only effects 1 survivor who has an easier time finding the totem affecting them. And since it only works once, it's just worse than comboing Pentimento with Plaything.

• MrT1412
    MrT1412 Member Posts: 108

A game where the first survivor dies at 1 gen left isn't a dominating performance, but I have a ton of games where I get my first kill then and then continue to get a 3 or 4k because having someone out of the game is a huge power shift.

• SkeletonDance
    SkeletonDance Member Posts: 293

It's gonna be only painful for SoloQ. SWF will handle anything